[0.90] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.19.3

sirkut

@sirkut

Thanks for the craft file. Does creating a release increase the file size of the repo? Issue I'm currently having is my old parts zip (through different versions) is taking up roughly 60megs of space.

Does creating a release increase the file size of the repo? Issue I'm currently having is my old parts zip (through different versions) is taking up roughly 60megs of space.

No, that's probably exactly the point of them. The zip files you upload exists outside of the repo, since git is in no way suited to host/manage binary files.

The only way releases interact with your repo is that they need/set a tag (like "v0.14") on the branch, so you can see where (as in commit) a release comes from.

No, that's probably exactly the point of them. The zip files you upload exists outside of the repo, since git is in no way suited to host/manage binary files.

The only way releases interact with your repo is that they need/set a tag (like "v0.14") on the branch, so you can see where (as in commit) a release comes from.

Neat I'll give that a shot then. Thanks!

Sirkut,

I'm testing out a type of mass driver using parts from this mod. Any chance I could request a part that would trigger staging lets say for example when under heavy force or when a limit is reached? for example "fully extended ram". Maybe a type of catapult ram.

Just an idea for future growth.

Edited by Prowler_x1

My feedback for the update -- So far, things went seriously explody. I made a huge solar generator for KSPI, similar to what Manley did with his. I used a cubic strut for the 'hinge point', and every thing was going good, until I switched away and back to the ship, at which point the kraken attacked. Was funny after the frustration, watching it slowly shake, then spasm uncontrollably and then go kaboom.

....or is that kerboom, since it involves kerbals? :D

Edited by Sakata

My feedback for the update -- So far, things went seriously explody. I made a huge solar generator for KSPI, similar to what Manley did with his. I used a cubic strut for the 'hinge point', and every thing was going good, until I switched away and back to the ship, at which point the kraken attacked. Was funny after the frustration, watching it slowly shake, then spasm uncontrollably and then go kaboom.

Using the latest release? Can you provide a craft file and any mods it may use.

Try Kerbal Joint Stablilizer [name?]. I know most of the function has been incorporated into 0.23.5 already, but one feature that has not and is critical for big structures like that is the slow physics load when focussing on a craft. Without it my giant space station destroys itself; with it there is no problem.

I installed new IR 0.14 (uploaded 2014-04-22 06:38:38) and have no toolbar button in VAB and flight. Menu showes in VAB only. If i use action groups or shortcuts to control IR parts, they don't move. I delete previous version. I've tried it with last toolbar and toolbar that comes with IR, existing craft and new game. Is it my mistake and what can help me?

I installed new IR 0.14 (uploaded 2014-04-22 06:38:38) and have no toolbar button in VAB and flight. Menu showes in VAB only. If i use action groups or shortcuts to control IR parts, they don't move. I delete previous version. I've tried it with last toolbar and toolbar that comes with IR, existing craft and new game. Is it my mistake and what can help me?

Going to need to see the log_output.txt file in order to make any sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi!, my "Servo Control" Doesn't appear, and not move the parts. why?

I would need to see a log_output.txt file in order to see what is going on. You have given me absolutely zero details.

Here https://db.tt/f9FKKyrc I place log file, savegame and some screenshots. Bind 1, 2 for shortcut, 3, 4, 5 for action group, but they don't work.

Also found strange bug. Then i place claw on top of piston it doesn't hold joint between piston halfs in place. Some other parts work fine.

UPD: remove all mods except IR and toolbar. All works fine, except that i can't hide servo controls. I'll try to find what is causing this problem.

UPD2: That's not KJR, it would be too easy. Only 99 options left :)

Edited by Alo

Here https://db.tt/f9FKKyrc I place log file, savegame and some screenshots. Bind 1, 2 for shortcut, 3, 4, 5 for action group, but they don't work.

Also found strange bug. Then i place claw on top of piston it doesn't hold joint between piston halfs in place. Some other parts work fine.

UPD: remove all mods except IR and toolbar. All works fine, except that i can't hide servo controls. I'll try to find what is causing this problem.

UPD2: That's not KJR, it would be too easy. Only 99 options left :)

Hiding the GUI is a bug. I wanted to get the plugin working and considered hiding the GUI low priority. I will hope to fix it in the next update.

Just downloaded the 0.14 stable. I'll give it a go later this evening and see how it goes. As for the mission I currently have going, the hinge parts I guess got corrupted, they're rotated behind the part they were attached too, but if i launch a new version of the same ship its fine. Not a big deal as it was a hastily put together mission to attempt to put a small asteroid on course to impact Kerbins north pole into orbit.

As it turns out the setup I have with hinges and struts (haven't unlocked the grabber yet) isn't sufficient enough to change the orbit,(I should have added a hinge on the end with more cubic struts) so I'm going to basically abandon the mission and go to plan b, which is to attach some of the parachutes to the asteroid and land it lol. Should be some fun science times (not that we actually get science from asteroids yet.

Btw I haven't looked yet but this is the most concise bug report. Saved game, log file and pictures?? You sir win.

Curse you and your damned essential mods!!!!!

:wink: just kidding

thanks for all the hard work sirkut and team in getting this working.

playing without it just wasn't right

Thanks for the kind words when you see omgnull's post, give that guy some reputation. He figured out how to manipulate the space for the joints quicker than why I could have done. From all the versions I never had to mess with the joint system so it was back I square one for me to get it to work.

Edited by sirkut

@sirkut

It works the same with the VTOL rotatrons. Put on two and they turn opposite directions so they'll both point to the same side of the ship. Put on 3+ and they all turn the same way. Try those hinges vertical and see if they bend opposing (both to the same side of the ship) or both the same way, which would be one towards each side of the rocket.

That symmetry function makes it harder to build a ship with two side mounted engines which can flip for retro thrust. 3+ is easy because they'll all flip together with one servo command. To do only two the hinges or other IR parts have to be individually placed, with separate servo commands grouped together.

A symmetry mode switch for 2x placement would be quite handy.

This makes me wonder if some sort of movement arrows (like RCS build aid) need adding to IR, to remove the trial and error of configuring joints.

I was actually talking about making arrows for debugging when I couldn't figure out how the joints were getting screwed up. Now that you mention this idea this MAY be something to consider. Just need to think about it.

Edited by sirkut

I was actually talking about making arrows for debugging when I couldn't figure out how the joints were getting screwed up. Now that you mention this idea this MAY be something to consider. Just need to think about it.

MechJeb's bounding boxes that is uses to calculate safe distances when docking were a debug feature (I think accidentally) left in by sarbian that the community seems to really enjoy.. Just sayin' :P

MechJeb's bounding boxes that is uses to calculate safe distances when docking were a debug feature (I think accidentally) left in by sarbian that the community seems to really enjoy.. Just sayin' :P

Is that still in mechjeb? I'm going to have to look at it.