[0.90] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.19.3

sirkut

Speaking of the mechlegs I retextured that base so Ill resend it to ya sirkut. About 1/2 done with the torso...slow work for me lol.

What base are you talking about? what mech legs did you re-texture?

Whoa, I am sorry if I left you thinking I didn't like the textures, I was just trying to give a point of view. What you guys are doing is 100x more than I can do, so to give advice seems a little off base. I just wanted your rail system to look as good as its function. Advice is like opinions, you know the rest. To add to this, nothing you two are doing together could chase anyone away, your **** is awesome and I am really looking forward to it everyday. Checking in everyday has become my ritual.

Thx as always from Oregon guys and keep up the great work.

Dren

What base are you talking about? what mech legs did you re-texture?

This is the base

cAPFRop.png

designed to go onto of your mechlegs, takes 1.25 docking washer ontop. This way a 'torso' unit can twist independent of the legs.

Here is the legs I was talking about

RoDp6kg.png

Designed to be used with MSI animator control, for landing huge heavy landers on very uneven ground.

Now see, this is a problem I have been having that's kinda related. Every Crane system I design has the same flaw, and that is getting the right size of wheel/track to have the correct amount of spring tension and dampening. Since the new modular wheel design, they are not having the Spring dampening settings within the cfg for us Layman's to alter. Paul (BobCat) informed me of this today. Imagine those legs but with tracks/wheel on each leg end and just a simple KAS winch in the center. Drive over the structure you want to relocate, pick it up and move it.

Love the idea of having self leveling legs, and the high boy style here as they have potential for what I would use them for. Very cool Khaos

Dren

The idea for the legs was a product of my Laythe base falling over and getting exploded and then seeing the first demo vid for the MSI animator control. I have a smaller set for rovers I'm working in too. A ways off from having either done though...still trying to get the shading right and lower tris count.

I'm having a bit of a problem using this amazing mod. Is a glitch that it keeps spinning known to you guys? Is it because I didn't hotkey the buttons or maybe because I attached it between two Balka pieces instead of directly to the docking node?

I've been trying to make a centrifuge with the docking washers. Anyone know how to do this?

I use the docking washer free version and use rockets to propel the rotation.

Edited by sirkut
Typo

Wow that's great! I'm finally able to resume work on the new stuff. I will be coordinating with Devo on getting a new parts pack out very soon for Infernal Robotics.

Thanks for the washers they come in handy for my hillbilly crane.

Sorry for going off topic, but where did you find the "cockpit" for that crane? I've seen others use it, but haven't found it yet.

Im working on a Mobile Launch platform and wanted to see if there is a way to have the winch spawn already attached to a part. as it stands i have to grab the cable with a kerbal and go all the way to the end of my vehicle climb a ladder then attach the cable to the part i need it attached to. too.screenshot9_zps53f59dfe.png

Edited by bones2oo21

You can use more then 1 washer to lift that.

The best thing would be hydraulic rams, but the only one I have found so far that is part of the wheel pack does not seem to work, at least not for me.

Well it looks more like a cannon then anything else but it could be used for launching light loads, the parent part systems does not make it easy to build things like this. Or recombine for that matter......

Might be possible to build from the top up but that makes creating the truck a pain....

http://i.imgur.com/p2AH7hW.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ZXyVZwx.jpg

The ram in the wheel mod is made more for righting toppled rovers, and it works the same as the omni-wheel ram, it works off ship throttle.

@bones, you can attach a connector to a plug in the vab, but not at a distance like your application would require.

OK i may be an idiot but can someone explane to me how to instal just the content from the original damned robotics updated for 0.20

The original parts have to have their cfg's wrapped with PART { }