[0.90] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.19.3

sirkut

i guess i havent been following the forums lately. perhaps one of you fine fellows know what has become of DYJ's damned robotics and how magic smoke industries relates to that 0.20 release? i dare not update the damned robotics thread ive accidentally necroed enough threads already. :(

DR stopped updating or keeping up with the mod.However DYJ did not completely abandon His DR mod. Everyone was keeping it up to date themselves. then Sirkut received permission to make a part, Which forked to his IR plugin. the docking washers. This was a big help with lining up ships after docked. Well then He went and started making many parts for DR. Listening to request and suggestions of the community. Sirkut with the help of DEVO and ZodiusInfuser. And maybe some others i missed, created a very useful part combination. Which is now none as MSI. I hope this helps and ive given you the correct information. Sirkut can clear any details i missed.

hi,

essential mod and i did the editing of the parts config to enjoy those robotics in career mode.

but it seems like it´s missing the smaller versions of modules, like hinges, pistons, washers, basicaly everything.

i only go tthe biggest version of every part.

Am I missing something here ?

thx again

The CFG files contain multiple part definitions, so check if you've added techRequired etc to all of them. For reference the telescopic piston comes in 9 different sizes!

oh geeze. o totally overlooked

problem solved i guess

I made all entries, that will enable you all this parts in campaign mode under "Experimental Electrics"

http://www.sendspace.com/file/glrmyf

Guys, don't run that EXE. It will try on 4 separate occasions to install bloatware on your machine.

Please rehost the file as a .rar or remove the link.. Yes it's THAT bad.

Guys, don't run that EXE. It will try on 4 separate occasions to install bloatware on your machine.

Please rehost the file as a .rar or remove the link.. Yes it's THAT bad.

While I certainly don't condone the use of that link because it will trick someone to install potential spyware you can bypass it by unchecking the checkbox that says something about downloading helper app which is an exe. I tested it by unchecking the checkbox and it will download the full Infernal robotics package. If DeepOdyssey gives me permission I can utilize his changes into the parts pack.

Thanks but I do have questions. Which symmetry problem would that be? Also what of this persistent group names issue?

Sorry I didn't reply earlier, did not realise you had replied.

The symmetry problem is that in SPH construction in 2x symmetry (so basically mirror symmetry) the opposite component is not properly flipped. It's most noticeable with hinges which will open in the opposite direction than they are supposed to, forcing you to manually place them and hope they are in the same position.

With the group names, it seems that crafts don't save their own own group setup, that there is one global group setup that persists between crafts so that you have to make new groups and rename and rearrange them all the time. Anyone who has made more then one craft with two different group lists will have noticed this, I'm sure. Load one craft and organise the groups how you like, then create a new one and change the groups. When you go back to the first craft, the groups will still be arranged as in the second craft.

There's an issue with docking two ships that have IR parts. The control lists merge and the window expands. When the ships are un-docked the control windows don't shrink back to their original sizes. Dock three or more ships with IR parts to a station and it gets to be a big problem.

What would be very useful is if the IR windows had a way to minimize them to a small thing, especially in the VAB and SPH. I keep having to move it around so it's out of the way and also be careful to not move it over the vehicle because of it not blocking "click through" and yanking parts off when I'm wanting to move the IR window.

There's an issue with docking two ships that have IR parts. The control lists merge and the window expands. When the ships are un-docked the control windows don't shrink back to their original sizes. Dock three or more ships with IR parts to a station and it gets to be a big problem.

What would be very useful is if the IR windows had a way to minimize them to a small thing, especially in the VAB and SPH. I keep having to move it around so it's out of the way and also be careful to not move it over the vehicle because of it not blocking "click through" and yanking parts off when I'm wanting to move the IR window.

It's an annoyance of mine too. I'm going to rework the UI to something more manageable in the future. I'm taking a _small_ break to work on my modeling skills. I have a few ideas outside of MSI that I'd like to make for KSP that are just parts or crafts (like possibly the Dyna-Soar for example).

Future? Sure. Got new VTOL engine mounts in the works. Also some space station related robotic parts. ZodiusInfuser(he's part of the team now) is designing them and frankly it's pretty awesome what we got coming.

Future? Sure. Got new VTOL engine mounts in the works. Also some space station related robotic parts. ZodiusInfuser(he's part of the team now) is designing them and frankly it's pretty awesome what we got coming.

I sort of meant in relation to kOS, but I will take your answer just as well :D

Edited by Camacha

Oh. The hope with kOS is you can control groups via commands registered with kOS. One method is "advance group by 10 increments" or "go home" that sort if deal. I have it almost workin correctly.

Inverse kinematics would be awesome. Command a docking port or KAS connector on the end of a jointed arm to go hook up to a matching target and the IK takes care of the joint motions to get it there.

Inverse kinematics would be awesome. Command a docking port or KAS connector on the end of a jointed arm to go hook up to a matching target and the IK takes care of the joint motions to get it there.

I think that last bit should be possible when kOS is operable :) You will need a healthy amount of math, but that is part of the fun.

I'd like to go ahead and let a small cat out of the bag so others don't think that MSI is dying off. ZodiusInfuser is now an official member of MSI and has some really great ideas and the space station rings are a set that will be coming out soon. Why bother? Because they will be robotic parts, that you can attach things to and when in orbit you can then activate these rings (though action groups is great because then it will keep running). In the past, some space station parts would have a ring that would just animate but you couldn't connect anything to it. Here I connected a group of solar panels.

Here's a quick demo of an unskinned space station ring (there's actually 2) on the launch pad.

rowra5yar8a4ztufg.jpg?size_id=5

I'd like to go ahead and let a small cat out of the bag so others don't think that MSI is dying off.

I just figured you were, you know, actually playing the game instead of developing.

ZodiusInfuser is now an official member of MSI and has some really great ideas and the space station rings are a set that will be coming out soon. Why bother? Because they will be robotic parts, that you can attach things to and when in orbit you can then activate these rings (though action groups is great because then it will keep running). In the past, some space station parts would have a ring that would just animate but you couldn't connect anything to it. Here I connected a group of solar panels.

Congrats ZodiusInfuser - definite + for MSI