[0.90] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.19.3

sirkut

Something is boogered with at least the telescoping pistons. KSP didn't load a craft because it couldn't find TelescopeFullA and TelescopeFullB. Names are the same in both part.cfg files, must be some other change has it confused. (I'm putting the blame on this Vrana person...)

I left out the toolbar stuff.

Reverting to the previous version and loading my last save to get my ship back.

Are you using career mode?

Since i got called out here i took a peak at the problem.

I have been able to replicate it in sandbox mode (didnt even try carrer).

Steps:

-Use clean install KSP .23

-Add MSIR .8b

-In sandbox VAB make some ship (3man pod and some 2.5 fuel tank is what i used)

-Attach all tele pistons to ship

-Put ship on launch pad

-Exit game

-Remove MSIR .8b

-Add MSIR .11

-Game reports all tele pistons missing from ship on launch pad.

I cant see why this happens tough.

Edited by Vrana

I installed this mod yesterday hoping to use the parts on career mode but was saddened to find out it hadn't been updated for tech tree. got up this morning only to realise that it update less than an hour after I downloaded it initially! Really cool mod, looking forward to build some crazy articulated space stations.

Since i got called out here i took a peak at the problem.

I have been able to replicate it in sandbox mode (didnt even try carrer).

Steps:

-Use clean install KSP .23

-Add MSIR .8b

-In sandbox VAB make some ship (3man pod and some 2.5 fuel tank is what i used)

-Attach all tele pistons to ship

-Put ship on launch pad

-Exit game

-Remove MSIR .8b

-Add MSIR .11

-Game reports all tele pistons missing from ship on launch pad.

I cant see why this happens tough.

Do you have the error log for this?

I can do better then just a log i think....

I tired recreating the problem again to get a cleaner log.

It seems i originally paid attention to

I left out the toolbar stuff.

but forgot to mention that i removed the plugin toolbar mod on first test (no "000 Toolbar" folder in gamedata).

If plugin toolbar is present the mod seem to work fine. Without it the above issue occurs.

In any case... log with missing parts and no toolbar plugin.

Edited by Vrana

Hey Sirkut, sorry to bring this up again, but would it be possible to get an optional .TGA texture based download (so we can downsize/play-with textures) or a 512x512 (max) set of textures for MSI/IR (assuming most current textures are 1024x1024 due to 3 or 4MB .MBM's for no-alpha and with-alpha respectively)

I mean, they're great, and the mod is great, but sometimes you need to bite the bullet on something before you run headfirst into the KSP memory wall :/

In flight the display doesn't hide when clicking the toolbar icon, it remains persistent on the screen for the movable parts. The show/hide on the toolbar does work as expected in the VAB however. Other toolbar supported mods are also working properly, only IR is not hiding during flight.

In flight the display doesn't hide when clicking the toolbar icon, it remains persistent on the screen for the movable parts. The show/hide on the toolbar does work as expected in the VAB however. Other toolbar supported mods are also working properly, only IR is not hiding during flight.

I must have missed something. I will look into it.

With the toolbar folder in GameData ships with IR parts don't get deleted.

However, the toolbar has issues. I'm using the default 1024x768 window resolution and the toolbar is stuck in the middle of the screen and cannot be moved even with position and size unlocked, in the VAB, SPH, on the spaceport screen and in the tracking station.

In space I was able to move it, then I activated auto hide at screen edge and made it go away... how do I get it back? How do I hide or collapse the IR control windows? Big giant thing in the way, still transparent to mouse clicks so parts get yanked off the ship when trying to move it.

I'm going back to the previous release. :P

Suggestion for a part: stack mounted sideways actuator, picture this, you have a cargo bay, inside is a stack mounted part that when commanded to do so offsets one of the stack nodes sideways, out of the cargo bay doors, would be very useful for launching payloads, and ultimately, slide-out engine mounts, a version that fits in a 2m stack that pushes out 2x 1m engines past the rest of the stack would be ideal.

Would basically work a lot like the gantry rails, but the nodes would by default line up, and there isn't a persistent rail, it would be telescopic or similar action to not extend past the mounting point that moves.

Would be very nice for FAR or when stock gets aerodynamics to be able to hide engines inside the main stack and have them pop-out after leaving the atmosphere, like this: http://youtu.be/jZJczZ6gbVU?t=1m36s (that uses scissor action hinges though, not sure that's an option, something that just slides the node across would be simpler in KSP I think). But don't get me wrong, a fairly 1:1 copy of that design with a 2m stack mounted clyindrical part that has 2x 1m nodes inside it that fold out would be really nice especially if the "bays" were long enough to fit the LV-Ns.

None of the current part allows for construction like this as far as I can tell, problem with all the ones that move things sideways is that they occupy a too large footprint and wouldn't mount inside say a cargo bay or inside flush interstage fairings, only real option is to use two sets of hinges to make a an arm that goes from --- to [ but it's very unwieldy, and flexes a lot when you fire up the engines.

Edited by K3|Chris

Possible bugs :

- The IR GUI appears once I get to launchpad and can't be closed.

- When I right click on any IR part (right now clicking on "docking washer junior") and select "engage lock" or "hide GUI" it throws a NullObjectReference in the debug window.

Possible bugs :

- The IR GUI appears once I get to launchpad and can't be closed.

- When I right click on any IR part (right now clicking on "docking washer junior") and select "engage lock" or "hide GUI" it throws a NullObjectReference in the debug window.

Which IR GUI? The toolbar or the control window?

It's a known bug due to .23. The next update will be a rewrite thanks to taniwha and it will remedy these issues AND I should be able to implement tweak able settings like speeds for each part...

With the toolbar folder in GameData ships with IR parts don't get deleted.

However, the toolbar has issues. I'm using the default 1024x768 window resolution and the toolbar is stuck in the middle of the screen and cannot be moved even with position and size unlocked, in the VAB, SPH, on the spaceport screen and in the tracking station.

In space I was able to move it, then I activated auto hide at screen edge and made it go away... how do I get it back? How do I hide or collapse the IR control windows? Big giant thing in the way, still transparent to mouse clicks so parts get yanked off the ship when trying to move it.

I'm going back to the previous release. :P

How to get it back? Don't know, check the toolbar thread. That was something in the newest update that wasn't there when I integrated it originally.

The only way to hide show the window was to click the IR button on the toolbar. To move it you need to click the little button on the bottom right of the toolbar icon to open the menu.

Which IR GUI? The toolbar or the control window?

It's a known bug due to .23. The next update will be a rewrite thanks to taniwha and it will remedy these issues AND I should be able to implement tweak able settings like speeds for each part...

It was the control window, but now that I tried it again, it works. Oh, well. I'm looking forward to the update :)

Noob here, love the mod. I got this mod to make some retractable telescoping landing legs, but I don't seem to have control of the leg struts themselves, says something about 'no connection to send command on'. Have I done something wrong, or is this how it goes?

That message is from using RemoteTech. It requires communication channel between any unmanned probe and Space Center. You can find more on that in the thread on RemoteTech.

It was the control window, but now that I tried it again, it works. Oh, well. I'm looking forward to the update :)

That message is from using RemoteTech. It requires communication channel between any unmanned probe and Space Center. You can find more on that in the thread on RemoteTech.

Oh god, your totally right, just tried it on the manned craft and worked like a charm. Such a dullard I am, happens when you mod stack I guess...thanks.