What's your favorite not commonly known Kerbal?

way2smrt

Post your favorite not commonly known Kerbals and why! (No Jeb, Bob, Bill etc.)

My favs:

Merby Kerman: Leader of my Duna lander... First mission to another planet! Also has cool name and looks very happy. :)

Harby Kerman: Went on the first mission to another planet... Then went to the Mun even though the last 4 Mun launches either killed or stranded my Kerbals.

Muncas Kerman: Very happy and has an awesome name.

One I added using the Crew Manifest mod: Pee Wee Kerman. He keeps popping up in my more questionable experimental designs and miraculously surviving.

5bgkbKF.png

Ronely Kerman, my first Kerbal in orbit, and Edvey Kerman; We don't quite know what happened to him.

Also, Dilsby Kerman, the newbie who's flown on orbital missions with Bob and Bill while Jeb flies experiments solo. Come to think of it, we never found Jeb, either, though we suspect he escaped to his underground base of doom and is plotting to take over Kerbin with rocket boosters.

Here are a few of mine:

Camberry-was on my first base on Minmus and had several adventures on my rover

Tomrick-3rd Kerbal on the Mun and 2nd on Duna

Jim-went to the Mun with Tomrick, but stayed in orbit with the ship, and then later was the first Kerbal on Gilly

Also, I can't wait to get some in-game crew management! :D

I have yet to encounter him in-game, but I've heard of an interesting one named Enemy Kerman. I'm not sure if I'd let him inside my super-advanced spaceships, however.

I just had him recently. I went ahead and took him up on my Gemini program. It was a resounding success, no sabotage from Enemy at all. I think he's a nice guy, just his parents hated him or something...

For my mothership to Jool mission, I decided on a crew of 12 kerbals. I went fishing with Kerbal Crew Manifest (this was before KCM would let you edit kerbals) trying to get a few recognizable names (the youtubers that have been honored in game).

I managed to get two recognizable names, though not youtubers. Kirk and Dilbert. Decided to make Kirk second in command, You'd expect Kirk to be brave, but he was a screamer. And then, I kid you not, Kirk had something happen to him that I will never forget. During the mothership's shakedown cruise, it went out to orbit Minmus. By the time I had burned off enough fuel to depart Minmus (but still in it's SoI), I had used up the fuel in the HOME habitat modules, so Jeb was transfering the worst of the screamers to plant duty. Anyone remember the bug with the DSM spherical pod that when you'd EVA a kerbal from that pod, they'd wind up getting shot away from the ship at high speed? This is when I became aware of it. Managed to bring Kirk to a stop then bring him back into the ship, but the whole time I'm already thinking of how this was going to read in the captain's log. "A side note, if Kirk alleges that I tried to strand him on an ice moon, I'd just like to clarify two things. First, it was an equipment malfunction. Second, we had already burned to escape Minmus, so at least initially it would have been a highly elliptical Kerbin orbit rather than a Minmus impact."

Dilbert was very calm about things, and wound up becoming second in command in the wake of Kirk's demotion.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.