What's your favorite not commonly known Kerbal?

way2smrt

I once saw a Merman Kerman pop up. He was a pretty funny guy, pretty much Jeb's exact duplicate (in that nothing short of explosions ever fazed him).

Merman kerman, that gives me an idea..

Where did I put those gimp files....

Hudwin. Second Kerbal to unofficially land on the Mun.

He's been stuck there in my test campaign since his landing craft spontaneously suffered rapid unplanned disassembly several days after landing. I've never bothered to send a rescue as his mission didn't officially exist, so he now serves as my Munar rover test-driver. We occasionally send up some snacks for him.

Well I didn't have any particular favorites until last night, when I did my first intercontinental flight to locate, land at, and plant a flag on the second space center. My pilot was Orble Kerman. I would have preferred to send the Big Three, but apparently Jeb was hosting poker night at his place, so those three were out. I was wary, Orble being a new pilot, but he distinguished himself marvelously when, at about 18,000 meters above the Great Western Desert, my plane suffered some random unplanned disassembly. In short, I don't know what happened, but half of my starboard wing, with one of my engines still attached, broke away from the plane, and took one of the parachutes vital to my ejection system off with it.

Naturally this put me in a lateral spin, and I go through the "Oh $%!^ we're gonna crash" checklist to try and get back under control, killing the engines, waggling my control surfaces, toggling SAS, praying to the Deep Space Kraken to be merciful. And Lo and behold I look down, and there's Orble, calm as a summer day in the cockpit.

Eventually I was able to get some semblance of control, and the KAF-ICR 1(Kerbal Air Force Inter-Continental Recon) looked like it was going to be able to complete its mission, until I misjudged the landing and bounced of the ridge ringing the target, knocking all my remaining engines off, which then caused me to have to crash land.

Fortunately Orble escaped unharmed and is currently acting as our ambassador to the Koviet Union while we draw up plans for a vehicle to go get him.

What was his braveness and stupidity?

Kirrim Kerman is quite rare but he is in most of my flights.

Wait, what?

He's a DOUBLE AGENT!

Buzz, Chad, Adam, Halley are a few. Halley, my most recent one, made a return trip from orbit via capsule separation. The rest of the ship went to the Mun.

I'm also going to say Milbus Kerman. He landed a communication building near my habitation building on the Mun within 140 metres (without breaking anything). Many Kerbals said this couldn't be done and now he sits on the Mun emailing Jeb Kerman from his Comm base. He has motivated the Kerbals to continue their quest for a huge Mun base... We now also have a science building with 2 more Kerbals! He also has an awesome name.

Dersen Kerman. He was the bravest Kerbonaut who ever lived; volunteering for a solo, no-return flight to Eeloo. Your sacrifice will be long remembered.

No return flight? Most of my flights are non-returnable :P

I know that technically it's cheating, but my favorite Kerbal is one I created using Crew Manifest. I took a second string Kerbal that already had the 'badass' tag and renamed him Kilroy. The only reason being that whenever he is the first to land somewhere, he can plant a flag titled, 'Kilroy was here...'

For me it is Billy-Boblorf Kerman, I have only seen him once, but that was back in 0.17, and i have yet to see him again.

Spica

May you mean Billy-Bobdorf?

name = Billy-Bobdorf Kerman

brave = 0.5551891

dumb = 0.06675565

badS = False

state = 1

ToD = 0

idx = 2

Billybob-dan Kerman. This is not an engineered name he seriously showed up stock, his name was so long the n in Kerman was cut in half on the edge of my screen.

This dude was reserved for the most elite missions.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.