[Showcase] Post your Moon/Planet Landers Thread / Lander building guide.

If anyone wants the craft files for my refueling ship(can hold over 20k fuel, and i think over 10k rcs fuel) i can post them.

Any pics? By the way you describe it, I can assume that it looks more like a computer-killing stack of boosters than a typical aerodynamic lifter (particularly if it's all stock) :D

Here's my tanker vessel:

Any pics? By the way you describe it, I can assume that it looks more like a computer-killing stack of boosters than a typical aerodynamic lifter (particularly if it's all stock) :D

Here's my tanker vessel:

it's not all stock, picture of the central piece is here: http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/613896266574006179/4DFC6330A527A0C843DD7221A90EF8AA4BB4CF0A/

i took the 2 side pieces up on separate trips but dont have the boosters on them atm but figure you can use the same setup on my main piece. I have a few pictures of completed ship in my steam library a few posts back.

Just thought I would Share my latest Creation Here:

The Real McCoy: Mantis

Stock 20.2 Kirbin System Moon Base with three Rovers.

THis Ship is 100% Stock. has a crew Capacity of 18 Kerbals and three small Rovers, and a Docking port for orbital refueling.

Large Part Count So be warned.

Download here

jOVN1px.jpg

h0ZsMiZ.png

G8IuwJm.jpg

ZsCDSz8.png

RlybEaq.png

nFuIC7a.png

UdpPhGh.png

W96st7f.jpg

HI4vLdb.jpg

bpmp099.jpg

Lxmcj3B.png

DHyqCtk.jpg

wIWtBVF.jpg

First I built a replica of the Lunokhod lander, called Munokhod 1 which can return a sample of soil back to Kerbin:

mdYBN22.jpg

Second I built a more efficient sample return lander.

a6J6buy.jpg

And finally my first ever lander which I also took the time to make it look nice for this lander series thread. Crew returned successfully. This is a great game!

PPoudCO.jpg

bXRn2oZ.jpg

Album:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Here is the craft file of Kerbollo 6 Kerbollo 6.craft I designed above which I then have "simulated" the landing on the Mun above. I haven't done the Kerbollo 11 mission yet, but it's coming soon.

Edited by inigma

I managed to make me a smallish probe lander that can go anywhere in the Kerbol system, and return from most places too.

Until I think of a better name, it is called "Probe Land and Return".

v85SEEt.png

It consists of three stages:

1. A landing stage that takes the probe to its destination and can land in most places (and can theoretically land on Laythe and Tylo once it loses weight). It has fins for atmospheric control and detachable parachutes for an easier landing.

It has approx. 7500m/s of delta-v.

2. A small stage designed to take the probe home if needs be. It has approx. 2200m/s of delta-v.

3. A very small stage designed to get the probe home in an emergency situation or when it is known the probe is not to return. It has a parachute for atmospheric landing, and has about 690m/s of delta v.

Altogether, it has about 10km/s of delta v.

LZi3v7u.jpg

It has lights on the bottom of a mk2 adaptor for easy night landings and safe atmospheric entering.

GH8vDAT.jpg

There are two PB-NUKs on the lander stage to power the lights, though the 2 solar panels on the top help (even if they are not needed when the first stage is attached.)

4Ts6W1G.jpg

Another shot.

Bf5SRjY.jpg

This is an earlier version with RCS on it and the parachutes jettisoned. I removed them as it is not needed and it gives it extra delta-v.

Edited by FlandersNed

well, my kliper's technically a lander :P but only works on atmospheric planets, and is a one way glided trip down (parachutes are overrated :P) it was made to do precision landings on kerbin / rotate crews of up to 6 kerbals at a time)

(the pod you can see on this first image is the system which houses the fuel and engines for orbital manoeuvers - jetsionned after deorbiting)

Gf9317Cl.jpg

eBH8wyNl.png

overshoot the runway at 15000m before this pic : no big deal :P could turn around and make a glided landing on the runway :P

v4H6vSjl.jpg

i landed this one on each of the solid atmospheric planets :) (the 'onega' launchers second stages actually have enough delta-v to send it up to laythe - if you jetisson the second stage during the transfer burn and finish with the kliper's orbital module)

for more infos on the kliper, see my sig :P (there's also 1 kliper in the angara thread, this one can only do LKO operations :P)

I made a decent lander and, being my first on the forum, think it looks pretty impressive. At least, that is, by MY standards. Which are probably below your standards.

09CF27453EC2EB36DDF6C978CAD7D5034BE5EED2

Positivity III-you can find it on the forum if you want the .craft file.

I made a decent lander and, being my first on the forum, think it looks pretty impressive. At least, that is, by MY standards. Which are probably below your standards.

09CF27453EC2EB36DDF6C978CAD7D5034BE5EED2

Positivity III-you can find it on the forum if you want the .craft file.

THAT IS ONE COOL LANDER~! This is what I find as awesome in stock crafts. . . you get to see things that are doign a different role, like the docking port attachments made into torroidal fuel tank cases. :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.