intidragon

[Showcase] Post your Moon/Planet Landers Thread / Lander building guide.

Recommended Posts

Sometime ago:

http://imgur.com/a/pioB3#0 (dunno why imgur doesnt want to show my biotifoul album :sealed: )

design slightly evolved by the time

Some old designs:

myMFwo2.png

H9GW0Wh.png

and a quite weird lander I imagined

TF9COKi.png

crnPfGJ.png

x5YWHnR.png

SLkBnjk.png

gSmZXNz.png

Land it was a bit tricky :sticktongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is my FIRST Mun lander, the MunBound MKIII, And was not an easy thing to fly... (it gave me a real hard time cos that was the first time I had attempted a Mun landing too!:P)

FpmP29P.png

Here is Jeb and Bob chilling in front of the MunBound MKIII

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the Duna window still over 350 days away I started playing with prototype landers. Here's my latest...

DBaseLaunch.jpg

DBaseDuna.jpg

DBaseUnpack.jpg

DBaseAllDone.png

I said, we don't need the cargo bays but we do need parachutes. They said, we don't need no stinking parachutes but we most definitely need the space to store all our snacks.

Guess who won?

Not sure if I'll keep the orbital (could also be landed, possibly on Ike) remote power station.

btw. I do not recommend the crane idea to anyone with ocd :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unusual design lander on Minmus. Note the cone above the lander can is also a fuel tank with engines.

768rNT5.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

E0olQG3.png

6t60GcQ.png

Needs more testing, but is a highly efficient Apollo-style lander/orbiter for the modern age.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nice! Where'd you find that Mk 1-2 texture...?

I tore apart the KSPRC for those textures. And since 25 I've lost the rocket build for the orbiter/lander. And the orbiter/lander. Save became corupt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Those Inflatable modules..... Mod name please? :)

Do you have a download link because I have no access to the page for some reason.

I would love these!

Thanks, DMSP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is my first 2-stage munar lander, fully equiped with science equipment. 1-stage has enough delta-V to transfer, orbit, land on any location and start the re-orbit of the mun. the 0-stage takes care of returning to kerbin, with 500 extra delta-V. Next step is to put a rover on it.

yS00dqc.png

Here's a VAB pics, png is terrible in dark areas

uTdstuD.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've blurred the line between landers, rovers, space planes and space stations....

All KSP images have been moved here.

JR

Edited by Jolly_Roger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My first Mun landing without an autopilot was actually in multiplayer. But i have no images of it. And even more dissapointing: it was called Aparagus 1. (Facepalm)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Muna 1! A lander powerful enough to 'hop' across several biomes! Currently only available for small, non-atmospheric muns.

It uses a highly complex procedure known as 'decoupling' to eject the un-necessary weight of the science module on liftoff, providing a major advantage over many landers. 

And, though it may not look like it, it is 100% re-entry safe, and contains a basic probe core to assist piloting.

Fig 1: Upon landing, the scientist goes out to collect data. They then store the data in the command module.

Fig 2: Once the sciencing is finished, they detach the science module.

Fig 3: Then, the Muna takes off. The biome-hopping still isn't perfected, so future versions (Muna 2 probably)

 

 

All designs in this forum post kopyright by Wernher Von Kerman, Head of Research, Kerbal Aerospace Organisation.

Edited by Osmium

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi. I am new to ksp but I have a very ambitious project planned. Project Gemini is my plan to put Kerbalkind on Eve. Any Lander tips for Eve?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, eagle92lightning said:

Hi. I am new to ksp but I have a very ambitious project planned. Project Gemini is my plan to put Kerbalkind on Eve. Any Lander tips for Eve?

To land on Eve, you only need some parachutes and lander legs, not too much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, NSEP said:

To land on Eve, you only need some parachutes and lander legs, not too much.

really WOW. I figured since it is pretty much KSP's Venus it would need a lot more. But what about the pressure exerted on the craft from the atmosphere wouldn't it break normal Lander legs. And when I am entering the atmosphere should I put heat shields on the Lander?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, eagle92lightning said:

really WOW. I figured since it is pretty much KSP's Venus it would need a lot more. But what about the pressure exerted on the craft from the atmosphere wouldn't it break normal Lander legs. And when I am entering the atmosphere should I put heat shields on the Lander?

The atmosphere would not break lander legs, Eve's atmosphere is just gas after all! And heat shields are required, but if you have a spaceplane, you dont need heat shields.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NSEP said:

The atmosphere would not break lander legs, Eve's atmosphere is just gas after all! And heat shields are required, but if you have a spaceplane, you dont need heat shields.

Awsome! I plan using kerbodyne plus and shadowworks for this mission and thanks for the help! As soon as I get KSP downloaded I will post pictures of the Lander tests.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, eagle92lightning said:

Awsome! I plan using kerbodyne plus and shadowworks for this mission and thanks for the help! As soon as I get KSP downloaded I will post pictures of the Lander tests.

No problem! Looking forward to what you make!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, NSEP said:

No problem! Looking forward to what you make!

thanks I should be able to get pics up next week! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love building landers. Here are a couple of mine.

"Naero" a non-atmospheric lander I used to scour the surface of Minmus for delicious science:

screenshot41.png

screenshot40.png

"Robic" an as yet untested Duna lander:

screenshot43.png

screenshot44.png

And "Endurance", an in-development nuclear mun lander:

screenshot46.png

screenshot47.png

Edited by CdrFuzz
replaced duplicate image

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CdrFuzz said:

Love building landers. Here are a couple of mine.

"Naero" a non-atmospheric lander I used to scour the surface of Minmus for delicious science:

screenshot41.png

screenshot40.png

"Robic" an as yet untested Duna lander:

screenshot43.png

screenshot44.png

And "Endurance", an in-development nuclear mun lander:

screenshot46.png

screenshot47.png

what's up with lights,on the Naero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why did no one ever show me this thread? When I get home I got a craft for you all :wink::D !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.