[1.12] HyperEdit [v1.5.8, July 10, 2018] - Cheat, Teleporter, Orbit/Planet Editor, & More

Ezriilc

HI

i have a strange problem..

i useed hyperedit last night.. and today i can´t start it tried puchin alt+h . klicked the H with the mouse .. but nada. nothing happens

i have reinstalled it 3 times now and searched for a error log .

Anyone else with the same problem

So, the positions of the planets which are changed (i.e, Laythe to Solar orbit) are unsaved every time I quit and reopen KSP?

Unless you hit the "Save planet to config file" button, then they are reloaded at each start. :wink:

- - - Updated - - -

HI

i have a strange problem..

i useed hyperedit last night.. and today i can´t start it tried puchin alt+h . klicked the H with the mouse .. but nada. nothing happens

i have reinstalled it 3 times now and searched for a error log .

Anyone else with the same problem

EDIT: First of all, welcome to the forums, CMDR C.Hellman!

No one else has reported this. Please provide more details.

Do you have multiple screens? The HyperEdit main window could be popping up outside your screen area. Try this:

- Shutdown KSP completely.

- Delete the following file: ".../GameData/Kerbaltek/HyperEdit/windopos.cfg".

- Restart KSP to put the window back to default position.

I assume your search of the error log did not find anything pertaining to HyperEdit? If not, then please use our Contact form on our website and attach a copy of your log file.

When you say "reinstalled", what exactly do you mean? If you delete everything and start over, then it will definitely work again - try that.

Edited by Ezriilc

How do I hide the toolbar button?

There is a toggle at the bottom of the main HyperEdit menu box - "H-Button" - click on the dot to turn the toolbar button on and off.

Does version 1.4.1 work with Ksp 1.0.2?

It certainly does. :)

Hey Ezriilc.

Does version 1.4.1 work with Ksp 1.0.2? I don't want to test, in fear of it raping my game.

EDIT: Oh yea, welcome to the forums, StormerDK!

For the record, HyperEdit has never been known to mess with a save game, unless you've done something silly with planets' orbits or whatnot.

Having said that, always - and I mean ALWAYS - make a backup copy of your saves before using ANY mod, and every now and then for no reason just because. :wink:

To learn how to backup your saves, you may contact me on our site.

Good luck!

Edited by Ezriilc

Found the problem.. it´s nothing wrong with hyperedit

almost all the mods have the same problem.. found out about it when i change resulution and from fullscreen to window mode

if i have the full screen resolution 2560x1440 fulllscreen and place pit all the the small mod windows etc fusebox , hyperedit and then change to 1920x1080 window mode then the mod windows is outside of the screen i can´t see them so i need to go full screen full resolution and move them in and the go back to window mode to have them at hand.

Unless you hit the "Save planet to config file" button, then they are reloaded at each start. :wink:

- - - Updated - - -

EDIT: First of all, welcome to the forums, CMDR C.Hellman!

No one else has reported this. Please provide more details.

Do you have multiple screens? The HyperEdit main window could be popping up outside your screen area. Try this:

- Shutdown KSP completely.

- Delete the following file: ".../GameData/Kerbaltek/HyperEdit/windopos.cfg".

- Restart KSP to put the window back to default position.

I assume your search of the error log did not find anything pertaining to HyperEdit? If not, then please use our Contact form on our website and attach a copy of your log file.

When you say "reinstalled", what exactly do you mean? If you delete everything and start over, then it will definitely work again - try that.

Can you update your ckan entry? It's still trying to grab 1.4 but as the download link has moved, it doesn't know what to do with it

Requests like this should go to the CKAN thread, it's rare that the mod author is responsible for the CKAN metadata, but I'll make a pull request to this fix.

Requests like this should go to the CKAN thread, it's rare that the mod author is responsible for the CKAN metadata, but I'll make a pull request to this fix.

I'm told there might be a way to have CKAN auto-update, but learning that is low on my list, and I have many other things to take care of first - unless a CKAN expert wants to tell us how it's done.

- - - Updated - - -

Found the problem.. it´s nothing wrong with hyperedit

almost all the mods have the same problem.. found out about it when i change resulution and from fullscreen to window mode

if i have the full screen resolution 2560x1440 fulllscreen and place pit all the the small mod windows etc fusebox , hyperedit and then change to 1920x1080 window mode then the mod windows is outside of the screen i can´t see them so i need to go full screen full resolution and move them in and the go back to window mode to have them at hand.

Thanks for reporting the solution!

Turns out a pull request already exists from a day ago.

I'm told there might be a way to have CKAN auto-update, but learning that is low on my list, and I have many other things to take care of first - unless a CKAN expert wants to tell us how it's done.

NetKAN (CKAN's indexer) can automatically update mods released via Kerbal Stuff or GitHub. I've been thinking of proposing a way for self-hosted mods to automatically indexed.

That's what we need.

Turns out it's actually already possible, just not used frequently (or currently at all I don't think).

An incomplete .netkan file (the precursor to a .ckan file, used by the indexer bot) to do this looks like:

{
"spec_version": 1,
"identifier": "HyperEdit",
"name": "HyperEdit",
"$kref": "#/ckan/http/http://www.kerbaltek.com/_downloads/hyperedit/HyperEdit-1.4.1_for-KSP-1.0.zip",
"$vref": "#/ckan/ksp-avc"
}

The only rub is that you would need something like a HyperEdit-latest.zip file, that always points to the most recent release.

I've also submitted a proposal that would do away with that requirement and give mod authors more proactive control of metadata.

Good news, everyone!

Thanks to zengei :kiss: and the nice folks over at CKAN, all our mods are now fully supported in the CKAN KSP mod manager.

To learn more about CKAN, go here:

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN

As always, if you have any questions or concerns about CKAN or anything else, please contact us here:

http://www.Kerbaltek.com/contact

Edited by Ezriilc

Good news, everyone!

Thanks to zengei :kiss: and the nice folks over at CKAN, all our mods are now fully supported in the CKAN KSP mod manager.

To learn more about CKAN, go here:

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN

As always, if you have any questions or concerns about CKAN or anything else, please contact us here:

http://www.Kerbaltek.com/contact

Good job! From my perspective (and opinion) you are a very responsive Dev.

- - - Updated - - -

Bug report: landing anywhere with altitude 0 blows up your craft (eg. Minmus flats).

Bug report: landing coordinate system is incorrect, but can't figure out how. Increasing the longitude might move you either west or east.

I've found that entering a value several meters ABOVE zero works consistently. I don't know that trying to land exactly at the ground and blowing up is a bug. Give yourself enough time to rotate your craft so that you get the right-side-down :D during the controlled decent.

- - - Updated - - -

I've found that entering a value several meters ABOVE zero works consistently. I don't know that trying to land exactly at the ground and blowing up is a bug. Give yourself enough time to rotate your craft so that you get the right-side-down :D during the controlled decent.

I don't mean setting the landing altitude to zero, I mean landing somewhere where the terrain's altitude above sea level is zero.

Bug report: landing anywhere with altitude 0 blows up your craft (eg. Minmus flats).

Um, that's not a bug. You're teleporting into the ground. Just set your altitude a few meters up.

Bug report: landing coordinate system is incorrect, but can't figure out how. Increasing the longitude might move you either west or east.

Also not a bug. The coordinates are not incorrect, AFAIK - they just aren't in degrees. The planet - like most - is round, so logically, once you've gone all the way around, you will come back to the same spot. Like going over 360 on a compass brings you back around to 1. Pro tip: You can also enter negative numbers.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks! I try to keep everything tidy and organized.

- - - Updated - - -

So what changed in the last update?

Not much. Just some bug fixes.

Edited by Ezriilc

Um, that's not a bug.

Let me clarify.

1) I don't men setting the landing altitude to zero, I mean landing somewhere where the terrain's altitude above sea level is zero, such as Minmus salt flats.

2) What I experienced was:

-changing my longitude from 140 to 150 moved me west, but

-changing my longitude from 150 to 160 moved me east.

Let me clarify.

1) I don't men setting the landing altitude to zero, I mean landing somewhere where the terrain's altitude above sea level is zero, such as Minmus salt flats.

2) What I experienced was:

-changing my longitude from 140 to 150 moved me west, but

-changing my longitude from 150 to 160 moved me east.

1) It's working fine, and I cannot reproduce this. I've even created a save location for "Minmus Flats" to include in the next release. See here:

Landed-on-Minmus.png

2) I may be misunderstanding, but I'm not sure what you expect here. If you are East of 150, then you will move West. Likewise, if you are West of 150, you'll move East. It seems to be working properly from my POV.

EDIT: Sorry, I did misread what you wrote. However, I cannot reproduce this either. If I set my pos to 140, and then to 150, I move East. If I then set to 160, I move more East. It's working properly for me.

Edited by Ezriilc

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.