[1.12] HyperEdit [v1.5.8, July 10, 2018] - Cheat, Teleporter, Orbit/Planet Editor, & More

Ezriilc

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, pincushionman said:

when I click the link for www.kerbaltek.com in the OP I get:

mpLrWjn.png

Well, that is not what I get from that link, and my site is working perfectly.

I hate to say it, but I think you may have malware on your system that is affecting your DNS lookups.

I'm curious as to what the links are on the page.  As we're only seeing a screenshot, there's no way to know who may be responsible for that.

@pincushionman , there is definitely something wrong with your system.  I recommend disconnecting physically from the internet, and running a full system scan for malware.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Just now, bjornadri said:

hello. the download on your page is not working, as i get the message that the download has had too many requests. any idea as to what causes this?

That means you've attempted to download too many files in a short period of time.  Just go slower.

Just now, bjornadri said:

thats the problem, i haven't downloaded anything.

do you have a mirror by any chance?

You may be on a shared internet connection with lots of other people using the site at the same time.  The problem should pass in a short time.  If you keep having trouble, please message me directly from the Contact page.  https://www.Kerbaltek.com/contact

1 hour ago, bjornadri said:

thats the problem, i haven't downloaded anything.

do you have a mirror by any chance?

alright so i have solved my problem. if anyone of you who appear to have the same issue as i have, and you use InternetDownloadManager, disable the chrome extension for it and it'll work just fine. hope i have been of assistance to anyone encountering this problem!

Good news, everyone!

I've uploaded a BETA version to test some stuff prior to the next release. 

By the way, I've tested this BETA with the new KSP version 1.8, and it seems to work just fine.

As always, please let me know if you have any issues.

https://www.Kerbaltek.com/hyperedit

Edited by Ezriilc
Added linky - derp.

4 minutes ago, flart said:

Is it possible in the "simple orbit window" to have some acceptable value by default, like 100000m , and not the current height?

Well, it does start at 100km, but then once you've edited your orbit, it remembers the last entry.  That seems like the most sensible option to me, but I'm open to discussion on that.

• 1 month later...

Going to test Hyperedit with 1.8.1 and see if it wworks will edit this post if it does.. or if it doesn't..

Edit 1: Okay so far no errors to speak of will let you know if we got full functionality next..

Edit 2: Works no problems

Space_Coyote

Edited by Space_Coyote

1 hour ago, Space_Coyote said:

Going to test Hyperedit with 1.8.1 and see if it wworks will edit this post if it does.. or if it doesn't..

Edit 1: Okay so far no errors to speak of will let you know if we got full functionality next..

Edit 2: Works no problems

Thanks for the help!  Well done.

On 10/18/2019 at 6:05 AM, Ezriilc said:

Well, it does start at 100km, but then once you've edited your orbit, it remembers the last entry.

On the clear save and clear install it indeed start at 100km, but on my hardmoded save it's still like 4.5462157m by default, and every time I need to write 100km.
could I fix saved value somewhere in the config? 

Edited by flart

2 hours ago, flart said:

On the clear save and clear install it indeed start at 100km, but on my hardmoded save it's still like 4.5462157m by default, and every time I need to write 100km.
could I fix saved value somewhere in the config? 

That's not a bad idea.  I will look into it, but it would be awesome if someone could send me a code snipet or pull-request.

Regarding issues with Hyperedit in 1.8.1 I have something to report. I'm seeing a problem with decoupling after using Hyperedit to reach bodies other than Kerbin.

When decoupling a section of a vehicle on the launch pad, the behaviour is normal, as it is when I Hyperedit to Kerbin orbit. However if I use Hyperedit to reach the orbit of any other body, the decoupled part freezes in its orbital path (stationary above the planet surface). I've had this with both the Eve vehicle I first encountered the problem on, as well as a simple test vehicle (Mk1 capsule, fuel tank and a decoupler).

At first I thought this was an issue with the Beta version of Hyperedit that I was using, but the behaviour was the same when I used te 1.5.8 version. Just in case I ran the test again with all other mods removed and the problem with decouplers persisted. Additionally, just to make sure, I flew My Eve lander to the Mun for a quick test of decoupling it without Hyperediting, and the decouple worked properly, but if I Hyperedited that test vehicle (booster and all) to the Mun and decoupled, the problem occured.

Is there a more suitable version for use with 1.8.1?

BTW... this only seems to be a problem when in orbit. If I Hyperedit to for example Eve orbit, then use the Ship Lander to put it on a vertical decent path, then Drop the vehicle, decoupling works fine.

Edited by purpleivan

7 hours ago, purpleivan said:

Regarding issues with Hyperedit in 1.8.1 I have something to report. I'm seeing a problem with decoupling after using Hyperedit to reach bodies other than Kerbin.

When decoupling a section of a vehicle on the launch pad, the behaviour is normal, as it is when I Hyperedit to Kerbin orbit. However if I use Hyperedit to reach the orbit of any other body, the decoupled part freezes in its orbital path (stationary above the planet surface). I've had this with both the Eve vehicle I first encountered the problem on, as well as a simple test vehicle (Mk1 capsule, fuel tank and a decoupler).

At first I thought this was an issue with the Beta version of Hyperedit that I was using, but the behaviour was the same when I used te 1.5.8 version. Just in case I ran the test again with all other mods removed and the problem with decouplers persisted. Additionally, just to make sure, I flew My Eve lander to the Mun for a quick test of decoupling it without Hyperediting, and the decouple worked properly, but if I Hyperedited that test vehicle (booster and all) to the Mun and decoupled, the problem occured.

Is there a more suitable version for use with 1.8.1?

BTW... this only seems to be a problem when in orbit. If I Hyperedit to for example Eve orbit, then use the Ship Lander to put it on a vertical decent path, then Drop the vehicle, decoupling works fine.

I think what you're seeing is not actually new to HyperEdit on KSP 1.8.1, but is similar if not the same as others have reported previously.  I believe that a fix/work-around for this is to change scene to the Tracking Station (or any other) and then back to flight after Editing your orbit.  That should put everything back to "normal", and decoupling should work as expected.  Please try that and let us know how it goes.  Good luck!  :wink:

I don't mean to suggest that I don't intend to fix this problem, but I'm not an expert and don't know what is needed.  I hope you understand.

4 hours ago, Ezriilc said:

I think what you're seeing is not actually new to HyperEdit on KSP 1.8.1, but is similar if not the same as others have reported previously.  I believe that a fix/work-around for this is to change scene to the Tracking Station (or any other) and then back to flight after Editing your orbit.  That should put everything back to "normal", and decoupling should work as expected.  Please try that and let us know how it goes.  Good luck!  :wink:

I don't mean to suggest that I don't intend to fix this problem, but I'm not an expert and don't know what is needed.  I hope you understand.

Thanks... I'll take a look at this work around tomorrow.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.