[1.12] HyperEdit [v1.5.8, July 10, 2018] - Cheat, Teleporter, Orbit/Planet Editor, & More

Ezriilc

Hi, Gigi. Welcome to the forum!

I'm sorry you're having trouble, but HyperEdit is not known to cause game crashes. Please try it with a fresh install of KSP and HyperEdit without any other mods or add-ons.

If you still have the same problem, then please upload a copy of your ship for me to test with. You can send it using the Contact page or upload it to the Craft Kitchen on my site.

Thanks for your fast response.

I was just wondering, why it crashes when I set the Orbit of KerbCom1 to 777000m and KerbCom2 to 777000m

but not when I set KerbCom1 to 777000m and KerbCom2 to 777000.0001 m.

However, I'll try it with stock KSP and HyperEdit, if the problem is still there, I'll contact you.

Thanks again for your fast help.

Regards, Gigi

Finally, an update!

khyperia has just finished a fevered session of coding, to update HyperEdit with some new features and cleaner code.

You wanted the Planet Editor to save your positions? Done.

You wanted less explosions when you teleport? Done... maybe.

You wanted bigger beer glasses and cuter wait staff? Done!

BOOM!

Hats off to The Creator for all the passion and hard work. WOOT!! :D

Of course, all official releases are on our site. Now hunt those bugs! Just kidding, there aren't any. :wink:

http://www.Kerbaltek.com/hyperedit

Edited by Ezriilc

So, you're eager for updates and want to try out all the latest stuff? Experimentals are here.

So that everyone can hunt bugs and try out new features, we've created an Experimentals section on the HyperEdit page. Anyone is free to download them, and as always, please report any problems or suggestions you may have.

http://www.Kerbaltek.com/hyperedit

Edited by Ezriilc

Thanks Hyperedit team for keeping things going!

I have a suggestion would you be able to add in a settings file that lets you disable hyperedit in certain saves?

Also, is the copy to kerbin button gone? I don't see it. If it is, could we get it back please, it was very useful for quick tests- I don't like teleporting to the destination, as it ruins part of the fun.

Plus it's no longer holding on to coordinates when you use the 'set to here' function of the lander, I can for see accidentally loosing coordinates in the future. Could this be reinstated? Thanks.

Edited by Tw1

Thanks Hyperedit team for keeping things going!

I have a suggestion would you be able to add in a settings file that lets you disable hyperedit in certain saves?

Also, is the copy to kerbin button gone? I don't see it. If it is, could we get it back please, it was very useful for quick tests- I don't like teleporting to the destination, as it ruins part of the fun.

Plus it's no longer holding on to coordinates when you use the 'set to here' function of the lander, I can for see accidentally loosing coordinates in the future. Could this be reinstated? Thanks.

Thanks for the feature suggestions!

Disabling in certain saves is a neat idea, I'll see if I can do it.

I think the copy to kerbin button is accidentally gone, must have been eaten by the big rewrite I did. Thanks for pointing that out!

As for holding persistent text fields, that may or may not get implemented in the future - but is there any reason why you can't save/load the coordinates?

Lol, one time i accidentally severely broke kerbin in one of my saves by, 1. accidentally setting jool too close to kerbin and getting sucked in faster and faster then, 2. putting it way far away and accidentally taking my rocket with it (like out of the kerbol's SOI.

Hee hee. Just tried to use this. Was very amusing when I first tried to use it, immediate explosion.

The initial number shown when trying to change the orbit is very confusing, and you have no indicators as to whether it is in meters, km, etc. Also, that the number is from the center of the planet, not the surface.

Once I figured this out, it is great for testing new designs.

thanks

Hee hee. Just tried to use this. Was very amusing when I first tried to use it, immediate explosion.

The initial number shown when trying to change the orbit is very confusing, and you have no indicators as to whether it is in meters, km, etc. Also, that the number is from the center of the planet, not the surface.

Once I figured this out, it is great for testing new designs.

thanks

You'll find that all distances in KSP are measured in meters. The simple Orbit Editor does measure from the surface, but the complex editor calcs from the body center.

In other words, the behavior is as intended. However, and as always, if you still have trouble or questions, feel free to contact us again.

Edited by Ezriilc

First time I am ever trying to use Hyperedit. KSP 32bit, only mods are KER, RCS build aid, and hyperedit. Trying to test a probe on the moon, I'm using the change orbit feature, set to active vessel, body set to mun, altitude set to 25,000m. When I click set it puts the probe into orbit but then I get 1fps. Literally. 1fps. No idea what's going on and searching these forums turns up nothing.

First time I am ever trying to use Hyperedit. KSP 32bit, only mods are KER, RCS build aid, and hyperedit. Trying to test a probe on the moon, I'm using the change orbit feature, set to active vessel, body set to mun, altitude set to 25,000m. When I click set it puts the probe into orbit but then I get 1fps. Literally. 1fps. No idea what's going on and searching these forums turns up nothing.

You could try again with no other mods to be sure, but I've never heard of HyperEdit causing this before, so I doubt it.

How long have you waited for the FPS to come back up?

Have you tried to save/quit/restart after the move?

Hey, is there a changelog for the newest version of Hyperedit? If so, can I see it? I want to know what's new since things have definitely changed.

I'm sorry, but no - we don't keep a comprehensive change log. However, you can see any changes by looking at the repo on GitHub:

https://github.com/Ezriilc/HyperEdit

khyperia is pretty good about noting what he's done in each commit. But mostly you'll just need to try it out to see. After all, everyone needs HyperEdit sooner or later. :wink:

Hey, is there a changelog for the newest version of Hyperedit? If so, can I see it? I want to know what's new since things have definitely changed.

Going through the commit list (like Ezriilc said), here's the things I came up with (I really should keep track of this):

Land button now clearly is a toggle instead of just saying "Land/Release"

Re-enable parsing of SI suffixes, so you can use them, but don't print things in SI format (so you'll never see them if you don't type them in)

Massive GUI overhaul, lots of things changed internally here, but not much outwardly (except things like small X button instead of big close one)

Integrated help system (hovering over labels shows text beneath the window, instead of having a huge help window). Help window got re-purposed to be the about window.

Overhauled the teleportation system of the lander, hopefully less explodey.

Made resources be individual sliders instead of "refill all" button.

Ability to save planet locations (persists across restarts).

- the following is in the Beta builds -

Added a HyperEdit button to the top right (where the resources/etc stuff is), so you don't have to hit alt-h anymore (but alt-h is still enabled)

Re-added the Copy To Kerbin planet editor button (it got lost in the giant UI overhaul).

Save window positions after you close them, so they open in the same spot.

Disallow multiple windows of the same type (after the UI overhaul, you could open 50 hyperedit windows, heh)

You could try again with no other mods to be sure, but I've never heard of HyperEdit causing this before, so I doubt it.

Removed all the mods, it worked. Added mods back two at a time and it continued to work. No clue as to what could have caused it because now it's functioning totally normal. To answer your other questions I waited about 30-60 seconds to see if it was stuck loading but it never moved past 1 FPS, I tried to save and reload but although I saw messages that said quicksaving/quickloading it never appeared to actually reload the scene.

Anyway, it's working now so thanks for the quick response.

Removed all the mods, it worked. Added mods back two at a time and it continued to work. No clue as to what could have caused it because now it's functioning totally normal. To answer your other questions I waited about 30-60 seconds to see if it was stuck loading but it never moved past 1 FPS, I tried to save and reload but although I saw messages that said quicksaving/quickloading it never appeared to actually reload the scene.

Anyway, it's working now so thanks for the quick response.

Thanks for the report. That is strange, but I'm glad it's working now.

A friend and I are using HyperEdit along with Dark Multiplayer and have run into a problem. Whenever, one of us tries to rendezvous (using the rendezvous tool) with the others' ship it causes the ship we are controlling to zoom past the target at ridiculous speeds. We can't tell if this is a bug with DMP or Hyperedit. Any ideas what is causing this?

A friend and I are using HyperEdit along with Dark Multiplayer and have run into a problem. Whenever, one of us tries to rendezvous (using the rendezvous tool) with the others' ship it causes the ship we are controlling to zoom past the target at ridiculous speeds. We can't tell if this is a bug with DMP or Hyperedit. Any ideas what is causing this?

I wouldn't necessarily call it a "bug" with either mod since HyperEdit violates the laws of physics by design.

However, there may be some way around it - I just don't know of any. Some others may know better than I.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.