[1.12] HyperEdit [v1.5.8, July 10, 2018] - Cheat, Teleporter, Orbit/Planet Editor, & More

Ezriilc

The new version is on our site, so have at it. As always, please let us know if you have any issues.

The previous version 1.4.1 still works in KSP 1.0.5, but khyperia has made some cool changes, so we decided to do a release now.

For those who are subscribed to HyperEdit Updates via our site, I'm reworking my mailer program, so the updates will be a bit delayed this time. Thankfully, it's not a critical update, so no harm if somebody doesn't get the message. Don't worry, next time I'll be ready.

I'm trying to install hyper edit with CKAN, but it shows this error:

https://i.gyazo.com/620d96e69fbb25431206889adf6fe330.png

Is it a problem from CKAN, or hyper edit? I didn't have this problem with other mods.

I believe that was me - sorry! I think it's fixed now - please try again and let us know here.

Thanks!

I'm experiencing some sort of 'phantom velocity' bug after jumping a ship around with hyperedit?

I jumped to a redezvous around Duna and, even when the navball shows no velocity between myself and the target, the target is rapidly moving away - the mechjeb 'distance at closest approach continues to increase and increase - and pointing my vessel at the target and romping on the motors does little to compensate?

Is this a known bug? I'm playing in career mode with Mechjeb in use and KAS, KIS, and IR all installed, but no KAS, KIS or IR parts are on the vessel experiencing the problem. I had Kerbal Joint Reinforcement installed, but saw another post about it interfering with hyperedit, so I removed it and rechecked before posting?

Thanks!

[quote name='artwhaley']I'm experiencing some sort of 'phantom velocity' bug after jumping a ship around with hyperedit?

I jumped to a redezvous around Duna and, even when the navball shows no velocity between myself and the target, the target is rapidly moving away - the mechjeb 'distance at closest approach continues to increase and increase - and pointing my vessel at the target and romping on the motors does little to compensate?

Is this a known bug? I'm playing in career mode with Mechjeb in use and KAS, KIS, and IR all installed, but no KAS, KIS or IR parts are on the vessel experiencing the problem. I had Kerbal Joint Reinforcement installed, but saw another post about it interfering with hyperedit, so I removed it and rechecked before posting?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

This does sound like a bug recently reported that happens when using the Rendezvous tool, but it has been hard to reproduce. If you can, please determine and report the steps necessary to reproduce the issue in an install with no other mods - thanks!

[quote name='Thegamer211']I'm trying to install hyper edit with CKAN, but it shows this error:

[URL]https://i.gyazo.com/620d96e69fbb25431206889adf6fe330.png[/URL]

Is it a problem from CKAN, or hyper edit? I didn't have this problem with other mods.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Ezriilc']I believe that was me - sorry! I think it's fixed now - please try again and let us know here.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

I'm getting the same error..

[quote name='JAFO']I'm getting the same error..[/QUOTE]

I just tried it and it worked, but CKAN is showing the wrong version, so I cleared the cache and now [S]CKAN crashes and reports a bad download[/S]. EDIT: Fixed!

[S]I'll do some more digging and figure why this is happening. Until I get it fixed,[/S] you can always download from our site and install manually. EDIT: Fixed!

[quote name='hardy84']Same error downloading from kerbaltek.com
"[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman]Downloader: Sorry, no direct access."
[/FONT][/COLOR];.;[/QUOTE]

I've confirmed that downloading from our site is working - please try again.

[COLOR=silver][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR]

I found and fixed a problem with the downloads in CKAN. Please try it again.

Thanks for the reports!

[quote name='Ezriilc']I found and fixed a problem with the downloads in CKAN. Please try it again.

Thanks for the reports![/QUOTE]

You didn't. CKAN gets HyperEdit's downloads from ...

Same goes for Graphotron on ... Edited by Olympic1

[quote name='Ezriilc']I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you mean. Downloads in CKAN [I][B]are[/B][/I] working properly now.[/QUOTE]

I doesn't update to the latest releases, check [url]http://status.ksp-ckan.org/[/url] and search for HE Edited by Olympic1

[quote name='Olympic1']I doesn't update to the latest releases, check [URL]http://status.ksp-ckan.org/[/URL] and search for HE[/QUOTE]

I noticed that CKAN wasn't showing the current release number (as I mentioned above), but it [I]does[/I] fetch the correct version, so it's not a functional issue.

I intend to check into why it's not working as I expected, but I haven't gotten to that yet. If anyone can offer assistance, I'd appreciate it.

[S]I just did another test to confirm -again-, and now it's not working again, so something has changed. I'm working on it now.[/S]

And now, it appears to be working again.

I am truly sorry for all these problems. If anyone has ANY more issues, please feel free to post here or contact me directly. Edited by Ezriilc

On 11/26/2015, 10:29:24, MGCJerry said:

Getting the error:

Downloader: Sorry, no direct access.

That's only if you attempt to hotlink directly to our files - which is not allowed.

On 11/26/2015, 10:42:54, Wooks said:

It looks like the site is down, can't download :(

The site is fine.  Please try again.

Ezriilc,
So with sub-surface oceanic vehicles (subs) and bases now becoming part of gameplay in 1.0.5, have you thought of, and is there any chance of, making it possible to have the Lander work with a negative altitude?

I know its probably difficult, due to knowing whether your ship is over land or sea, and also how deep the seabed is... :(

Maybe have it check for, and only allow up to, say -10 or -20 meters?....

The reason I ask this, is that when I try to launch boats or subs, using an altitude any where between 0.2m to 20m, the same thing happens: As the physics kick in, the craft "bounces" UP-wards away from the water, high enough that when it comes back down and makes contact with the water, its enough to bust lots of parts off... :(

Anyway, your thoughts would be appreciated... :)

Edited by Stone Blue

8 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

Ezriilc,
So with sub-surface oceanic vehicles (subs) and bases now becoming part of gameplay in 1.0.5, have you thought of, and is there any chance of, making it possible to have the Lander work with a negative altitude?

I know its probably difficult, due to knowing whether your ship is over land or sea, and also how deep the seabed is... :(

Maybe have it check for, and only allow up to, say -10 or -20 meters?....

The reason I ask this, is that when I try to launch boats or subs, using an altitude any where between 0.2m to 20m, the same thing happens: As the physics kick in, the craft "bounces" UP-wards away from the water, high enough that when it comes back down and makes contact with the water, its enough to bust lots of parts off... :(

Anyway, your thoughts would be appreciated... :)

Thanks for the suggestion, I will add it to our list, but it may be unnecessary.

I've had that bounce/break thing happen once or twice, but it was intermittent.  Generally, when I drop a ship just above the surface, it splashes down and bounces a little, but then settles in as expected.

If you're not using any mod parts and want to send me your .sfs save file or .craft file, I'd be happy to take a look and see if I can reproduce the problem.

Thanks and good luck!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.