[1.12] HyperEdit [v1.5.8, July 10, 2018] - Cheat, Teleporter, Orbit/Planet Editor, & More

Ezriilc

@Ezriilc

Ok I found out exactely which parts are causing the problem as I found 2 extra parts that will result in this bug. And it happens with the stock surface scanner  and, another, the portable karbonite scanner from KarbonitePlus.

By looking at the part code I was able to identify the problem. It is caused when a part has

MODULE
	{
		name=ModuleBiomeScanner
	}

deleting this module from the part allows the vessel to hyperedit normally.

Edited by merlinux

9 hours ago, merlinux said:

@Ezriilc

Ok I found out exactely which parts are causing the problem as I found 2 extra parts that will result in this bug. And it happens with the stock surface scanner  and, another, the portable karbonite scanner from KarbonitePlus.

By looking at the part code I was able to identify the problem. It is caused when a part has

MODULE
	{
		name=ModuleBiomeScanner
	}

deleting this module from the part allows the vessel to hyperedit normally.

Great work!  Thanks for that.  Now we just need to work out why and fix it.

merlinux,

Thanks for helping out!

5 hours ago, superstrijder15 said:

The layout on the top page seems to be broken, maybe it should hava an update

Yep.  When they switched to the new forum software, they converted signatures, but not posts.  I haven't had the energy to fix it yet.

I hope to announce a final release of HyperEdit for KSP 1.1 very soon.  When it's ready, I will post here and also send out an email notice to all Kerbaltek members subscribed to HyperEdit updates.

In the meantime, the HyperEdit BETA3 appears to be fully functional with KSP 1.1 so feel free to use that.  As mentioned above, just go to our HyperEdit page and scroll to the bottom under "Experimentals".

http://www.Kerbaltek.com/hyperedit

I'm finding it nearly impossible to test my landers on Eve/Kerbin because they explode from overheating whenever I use the ship lander. I'm completely stock other than KER (not using the part on the vessel), with KSP 1.1 and the Beta3.

EDIT: Disabling thermal settings temporarily allows me to continue testing, so this is more of an annoyance, really, but it'd still be great to see a fix.

Edited by Jodo42

1 hour ago, Kerenatus said:

Thanks for your great work!

You're very welcome, of course!

1 hour ago, Jodo42 said:

I'm finding it nearly impossible to test my landers on Eve/Kerbin because they explode from overheating whenever I use the ship lander. I'm completely stock other than KER (not using the part on the vessel), with KSP 1.1 and the Beta3.

EDIT: Disabling thermal settings temporarily allows me to continue testing, so this is more of an annoyance, really, but it'd still be great to see a fix.

Thanks for the report.  I'd count that as a bug, but I'm glad you found a way around it.  I'll add it to our list.

1 minute ago, Elowiny said:

I installed HyperEdit, placed the Kerbaltek folder in Gamedata, then replaced the .ddl file with the beta file, but nothing happens and hyperedit doesn't shows up when I press alt+h.

How can I fix this?

If you've done it exactly as described, then it will work.

Generally, if the DLL file is inside GameData anywhere, then the plugin should work.  I recommend removing the contents of the Kerbaltek folder and then putting the BETA DLL in there by itself.  The key here is to make sure you only have one HyperEdit....dll at a time.

2 minutes ago, Elowiny said:

I tried that...still not working...

That's really frustrating because I need HyperEdit for a Mission Report I'm making.

It will be difficult to give you any help without more information. See here for how to give more information:

Just now, Elowiny said:

I tried that...still not working... D:

Then you've definitely done something incorrectly, and not as you've described.  You could try a completely new installation, with no other mods, but I strongly suspect that you've just overlooked something.

The plugin is working fine when installed properly, so something's not right.

If you continue to have problems and want more personalized help, feel free to contact me directly via the Contact page on our site.  I'm happy to bang away at it until we get you fixed!  :)

I was gonna ask if there was a safe version to use, but then again, when has Hyperedit ever been 'safe'. :wink:

The kraken is always waiting around the corner, waiting for you to do something dumb, or just randomly wrap it's tentacles on everything.

1 minute ago, smjjames said:

I was gonna ask if there was a safe version to use, but then again, when has Hyperedit ever been 'safe'. :wink:

The kraken is always waiting around the corner, waiting for you to do something dumb, or just randomly wrap it's tentacles on everything.

The BETA3 version seems to be quite stable, and will likely become the next full release.

For true!

*sigh* So I deleted the KSP folder, cleaned everything, made a clean install, downloaded HyperEdit 1.4.2, placed it in GameData, downloaded Beta3, placed it in Kerbaltek, deleted the other config file...and it is still not working! What did I do wrong?

6 hours ago, Elowiny said:

*sigh* So I deleted the KSP folder, cleaned everything, made a clean install, downloaded HyperEdit 1.4.2, placed it in GameData, downloaded Beta3, placed it in Kerbaltek, deleted the other config file...and it is still not working! What did I do wrong?

You "deleted the other config file" instead of the other .dll file.  There can be only one.

55 minutes ago, Ezriilc said:

You "deleted the other config file" instead of the other .dll file.  There can be only one.

Oopsie I meant .dll file. The icon is a notepad thing, so it confused me.

So I deleted the other .dll file and replaced it with the beta3 file. Still not working.

The full release of HyperEdit 1.5 for KSP 1.1 is now available on our site.

As always, please let us know if there are any issues.

http://www.Kerbaltek.com/hyperedit

15 minutes ago, Elowiny said:

Oopsie I meant .dll file. The icon is a notepad thing, so it confused me.

So I deleted the other .dll file and replaced it with the beta3 file. Still not working.

If the icon is a notepad thing, then your system (Windows) has been set to open .dll files with the Notepad program, and that is likely a major issue.

Once you get that fixed, try again, and if it still isn't working, please tell us the following information:

1. What is the full path of your KSP.exe file?
  2. What is the full path of your HyperEdit[...].dll file?
Edited by Ezriilc

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.