[1.12] HyperEdit [v1.5.8, July 10, 2018] - Cheat, Teleporter, Orbit/Planet Editor, & More

Ezriilc

Agreed, this is so useful. I mostly use it as essentially a simulator, trying out such things as Duna landers before I commit to an actual mission, otherwise my surface scans would be showing remarkably high concentrations of aluminium in the soil.

6 hours ago, Wolf Baginski said:

Agreed, this is so useful. I mostly use it as essentially a simulator, trying out such things as Duna landers before I commit to an actual mission, otherwise my surface scans would be showing remarkably high concentrations of aluminium in the soil.

I do the same, especially when I've not been to a particular locale in the Kerbin system and want to make sure my designs (and flying skills) are up for the challenge.

33 minutes ago, FoX57 said:

Could someone tell me what coordinates to punch in to get 4 relay sats 90deg separation with 0.0 ect 0.0 inc and at an altitude of 1000km or 1,000,000 units it shows in orbit map

I don't actually know, but I'd bet someone here does.

Just now, _Augustus_ said:

I get problems if I edit a ship and then try to dock it with anything. The camera drifts off and I can't control the ship anymore.

Please be more specific and describe exactly what you're trying to do.

Hello Ezriilc.

Awesome mod, i've been using it for a long time now in previous versions of KSP (pre 1.1). Is there any reason why CKAN still displays the mod as incompatible for KSP 1.1? Is there an estimated time frame when it will be released on CKAN?

I'm using about 60 mods at the moment (64-Bit support FTW) and i'm a bit worried about manual installations of mods, that's why i'm using CKAN as a mod manager to keep track of mods and updates.

Thanks in advance.

21 minutes ago, E3FxGaming said:

Hello Ezriilc.

Awesome mod, i've been using it for a long time now in previous versions of KSP (pre 1.1). Is there any reason why CKAN still displays the mod as incompatible for KSP 1.1? Is there an estimated time frame when it will be released on CKAN?

I'm using about 60 mods at the moment (64-Bit support FTW) and i'm a bit worried about manual installations of mods, that's why i'm using CKAN as a mod manager to keep track of mods and updates.

Thanks in advance.

Fixed!  Thanks go out to the excellent CKAN team for the quick fix.

Hello. I use hyper edit a lot, and I love the way it functions, but I have a bug in the system. Once, I teleported to Kerbin orbit, and then set up a maneuver node to the Mün. When I tried to execute the node, instead of my orbit increasing, it shrank, changed inclination, and pretty much went wacko. Has anyone else experienced this? 

3 hours ago, Ezriilc said:

Heya Ezriilc

First, much thanks for making hyperedit, couldnt live without it :wink:

Now for the bug, I'm experiencing it too. I first saw it in 1.1 beta and thought it was kerbal joint reinforcement's fault, but actually it's hyperedit's :/

How to reproduce it:

When undocking ships, one of the ship will become "moving over the surface", preventing timewarp, making it wobble weirdly. If control switches to an unaffected ship and timewarps the affected ship will be send kilometers away instantly.

Test craft: http://te4.org/images/tmp/TEST.craft

Simply hyperedit it in orbit, undock one of the RCS tugs and the main body will go all wobble. This happens reliably on latest 1.1 (and all 1.1 before really) on linux 64b.

Hope this can help!

I found a very big issue. When I hyperedit a ship to orbit(tested at 100k and 1M circular orbits), then go on EVA and timewarp(10x timewarp, not the slow atmo ones), I begin flying away from the ship. At orbital speed. We're in the same orbit still, just I go through it much faster. On the map, the ship shows as Landed, but it's still moving in orbit.

1. I built and tested a rocket

2. I hyper edited it to 200 KM kerbin orbit. 

3. I set up a maneuver node to go to the Mun. 

4. I tried to execute the node.

5. The node did not execute. Instead, it increased the "approximate" burn time.

6. My rocket is now stranded.

7. I sent a rescue mission using hyper edit. 

8. Same thing happened when I tried to rendezvous. 

I am experiencing the same bug:

I am testing a laythe plane, wich I teleport to Laythe orbit.

I do my retro burn and decouple the retro pack.

the camera goes shaky and it does not exactly follow the orbital path. Also the map view states 'landed'.

Setting the orbit editor to complex > Set to current > Apply

fixes it, but during ascent the same thing happens and is irreversible

the debug menu just states 'landing'

but when doing Hyperedit it states something like setLanded(False) (I don't exactly remember)

Hope that helps somehow

5 hours ago, Kamik423 said:

the camera goes shaky and it does not exactly follow the orbital path. Also the map view states 'landed'.

but when doing Hyperedit it states something like setLanded(False) (I don't exactly remember)

Hope that helps somehow

Agreed. I'm just using hyper edit for refueling now. 

12 hours ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

Why?

So that I can try to help you, and/or figure out the problem.  But if you'd rather not, that's OK too.  :)

7 hours ago, Kamik423 said:

Hope that helps somehow

What happens when you go out to the Space Center and back.  Does that fix it?

So that I can try to help you, and/or figure out the problem.  But if you'd rather not, that's OK too.  :)

What happens when you go out to the Space Center and back.  Does that fix it?

I tried that. Still doesn't work. :(

Anyway, I can just use hyper edit for fuel. I mean, I "know" how to properly fly a ship. XD

@Ezriilic,

Just a quick THANK YOU for HyperEdit and updating it for KSP 1.1.  It resolved a situation I had today.

I have a Mun base, including several buildings and a rover.  I had a Kerbal on EVA (standing still) and timewarped to expedite an experiment.  Coming out of timewarp, I heard an explosion, and I did a quick check.  Found nothing missing.  Did a QuickSave (big mistake!!!)

I then hit  "]"  to go to my rover.  My now, missing rover.  It was the thing that exploded.  (Ahh...I love Squad's inability to fix timewarp physics even though they have had years to do so.)  Mind you, the rover was not the active vessel when it exploded.  No parts of the Mun base, including the Kerbal, were moving at all.

HyperEdit to the rescue:  As I mentioned, I had quicksaved, so I couldn't go back before the explosion.  I thought, "What can HyperEdit do for me, so I don't need to launch and land another rover?"  Well, HyperEdit has a button especially devoted to landing rovers wherever you want.  A couple HyperEdit clicks and I had another shiny new rover sitting at Mun base.

So, THANK YOU.

Sidebar:

On 4/26/2016 at 9:23 PM, Lo Var Lachland said:

Why?

"So that I can try to help you, and/or figure out the problem.  But if you'd rather not, that's OK too.  :)"

Maybe his vessel design is so super-secret that nobody is allowed to see it.  Can't be too careful, you understand.  Spies everywhere.

23 hours ago, Apollo13 said:

@Ezriilic,

Just a quick THANK YOU for HyperEdit and updating it for KSP 1.1.  It resolved a situation I had today.

I have a Mun base, including several buildings and a rover.  I had a Kerbal on EVA (standing still) and timewarped to expedite an experiment.  Coming out of timewarp, I heard an explosion, and I did a quick check.  Found nothing missing.  Did a QuickSave (big mistake!!!)

I then hit  "]"  to go to my rover.  My now, missing rover.  It was the thing that exploded.  (Ahh...I love Squad's inability to fix timewarp physics even though they have had years to do so.)  Mind you, the rover was not the active vessel when it exploded.  No parts of the Mun base, including the Kerbal, were moving at all.

HyperEdit to the rescue:  As I mentioned, I had quicksaved, so I couldn't go back before the explosion.  I thought, "What can HyperEdit do for me, so I don't need to launch and land another rover?"  Well, HyperEdit has a button especially devoted to landing rovers wherever you want.  A couple HyperEdit clicks and I had another shiny new rover sitting at Mun base.

So, THANK YOU.

Sidebar:

"So that I can try to help you, and/or figure out the problem.  But if you'd rather not, that's OK too.  :)"

Maybe his vessel design is so super-secret that nobody is allowed to see it.  Can't be too careful, you understand.  Spies everywhere.

LOL. Yeah. The KSC is designing something TOTALLY SECRET. :D 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.