[1.12] HyperEdit [v1.5.8, July 10, 2018] - Cheat, Teleporter, Orbit/Planet Editor, & More

Ezriilc

43 minutes ago, Irvin said:

I would have liked to help you but C# is definitely not my cup of tea (without the # or in Python I would have been able to).

Anyway, this useless post was only to say thank you for all your hard work on this great mod, I hope you'll get some help eventually.

Thank you for your support.  I'm sure someone will step up.

19 minutes ago, Ezriilc said:

Thank you for your support.  I'm sure someone will step up.

I bet you are right.    There are a lot of Modders who use Hyperedit to test parts or make videos of their mods.    Someone will step in to assist.

Hi all,

I'm going to be looking into the issues with this.

First off, I will only look at reports which include the output_log.txt AND use the dll I just compiled against 1.1.2:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/xsgxtqmxl70vzkw/Hyperedit.zip?dl=0

This is only the DLL, so first install it, then copy this dll over the Hyperedit dll

I will also need to know the OS you are running in, and it would be nice to have a copy of the craft  AND persistent.sfs files as well.

@nebuchadnezzar Please try the test again.

@royying Please try your test again

@xandertifft54321 please try your landing test again

and anybody else as well.

Thanks

Edited by linuxgurugamer

On 5/22/2016 at 4:52 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Hi all,

First off, I will only look at reports which include the output_log.txt AND use the dll I just compiled against 1.1.2.

This is only the DLL, so first install it, then copy this dll over the Hyperedit dll

I will also need to know the OS you are running in, and it would be nice to have a copy of the craft  AND persistent.sfs files as well.

Thanks

@linuxgurugamer to the rescue!  But no pressure.  THANKS!

I'll be getting these new test versions into our Experimentals section ASAP.

Edited by Ezriilc
Removed dead link.

9 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Hi all,

First off, I will only look at reports which include the output_log.txt AND use the dll I just compiled against 1.1.2:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/xsgxtqmxl70vzkw/Hyperedit.zip?dl=0

Thanks

I've identified one issue already.  Unity barfs when either the latitude or Longitude is 0.  I was just able to do a teleport to landing by using 0.1 for both lat & long

Oh, and KRASH suffers from the same issues, since it uses the same code.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Got a clue:  After warping to orbit and trying to set a maneuver node, the log starts getting spammed with the following:

Look rotation viewing vector is zero

(Filename:  Line: 78)

no idea what it means, I also saw that even exiting the game and reentering wouldn't clear the problem

11 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Got a clue:  After warping to orbit and trying to set a maneuver node, the log starts getting spammed with the following:

Look rotation viewing vector is zero

(Filename:  Line: 78)

no idea what it means, I also saw that even exiting the game and reentering wouldn't clear the problem

That sounds like it may be related to new code that fixes rotation of the craft when using the Lander, but I honestly have no idea.

Just a note to correct the link above.  It should read:  http://www.Kerbaltek.com/hyperedit

11 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

URLs are case insensitive, the lowercase works as well :-)

Only domains and sub-domains are case insensitive, the rest of the request - on linux based (like mine and most) servers - is case sensitive.  :wink:

My only point was that any link pointing directly to our files will fail - that is by design.

Edited by Ezriilc

Just now, Ezriilc said:

Only domains and sub-domains are case insensitive, the rest of the request - on linux based (like mine and most) servers - ARE case sensitive.  :wink:

My only point was that ANY link pointing directly to our files will fail - that is by design.

True.

OK, point taken

I have a problem when launching ship lander. Let say I launch my ship 100m above ground over a landing site on Eve: one time, the ship will descend with constant vertical speed of 1.5m/s to the ground, one time it will accelerate following gravity....and crash. Is there any setting i forgot?

3 minutes ago, gilflo said:

I have a problem when launching ship lander. Let say I launch my ship 100m above ground over a landing site on Eve: one time, the ship will descend with constant vertical speed of 1.5m/s to the ground, one time it will accelerate following gravity....and crash. Is there any setting i forgot?

The "Landing" button is a toggle, meaning you click it once to start the landing process (which lowers you slowly), and click again to release the craft to gravity.  It sounds like you're double-clicking or otherwise triggering it to release the ship, allowing it to fall.

24 minutes ago, gilflo said:

OK thank's I never realize that!

But in my case, i must trigger it a second time to slow down the ship!!

I'm not sure what you mean by "slow down the ship".  When you first click the "Landing" button/light, it will teleport you to the location & altitude you entered, and then lower you slowly until the ship contacts something.  Normally, one would never click the landing button a second time, but rather just wait until it contacts the surface.

38 minutes ago, PauloRazen said:

The link drop not work. anymore. The  oficial link have only the 1.1 version.

The official link goes to the Kerbaltek Hyperedit page.  Look at the whole page.  Download the latest complete version and the replacement Beta 2 .dll at the bottom of the page.

I broke and fixed my game. The following can possibly help, both development, and users seeking a solution.

This situation, involved HyperEdit, Galactic Neighborhood, and JoolTylo and PlutoCharon (but not JoolTyloOrbit or PlutoCharonOrbit).

The problem, involved the NavBall and OrbitalMap, which would FREAK OUT if you get within any gravitational influence of a body that has an unstable orbital point shared with another body (this can include other bodies with similar situations).

Troubleshooting my own problem (knowing nobody else would touch this issue because "multiple mods involved"), I discovered the solution myself.

The solution, to stop the freak-out, is to use HyperEdit button, the Planet Editor button, select JoolTylo or PlutoCharon from the list, change the numbers in the "gravitational multiplier" field, from 15x10e15 or whatever crazy thing it is, to 0.

Whatever controls the planets themselves, isn't affected by this, and this fixes the freak-out. I will post this to all mod threads that are affected. Thank you.

not sure if this information will be useful or not but playing with the beta2.dll  i found that going from space to landing on kerbin caused overheating (temperature gauges showed) but going from the landing strip to 74.0 lat 120.0 lon with 20 alt worked perfectly no heating issues at all. 

I repeated this 10 times to ensure it was repeatable so landing seems to be an issue when going from no atmosphere to in atmosphere due to overheating if your already in atmosphere everything seems fine.

1 minute ago, Angelus2141 said:

not sure if this information will be useful or not but playing with the beta2.dll  i found that going from space to landing on kerbin caused overheating (temperature gauges showed) but going from the landing strip to 74.0 lat 120.0 lon with 20 alt worked perfectly no heating issues at all. 

I repeated this 10 times to ensure it was repeatable so landing seems to be an issue when going from no atmosphere to in atmosphere due to overheating if your already in atmosphere everything seems fine.

Thanks for the report.  Every little bit helps.

This is just a note to report that our current BETA-2 version of HyperEdit is still not working as expected.  Using the Lander function causes overheating explosions in some parts, leaving part of the ship "Landed" and the rest hovering in mid air like some sort of creepy ghost-ship-thing. 

Now that we have @linuxgurugamer's help, we will get these issues ironed out eventually.  However, real life is logically keeping our capable C# coders busy, and I just don't know enough to understand the issues in terms of code, so if anyone has any C# and/or KSP modding experience, I'd be grateful.   Our source repo is on GitHub here:
https://github.com/Ezriilc/HyperEdit

I think I just found the problem.  It's a Unity bug (again).

It's essentially the same problem as what I fixed earlier, only for orbit.  I was examining the save file, and saw the following:

ORBIT
			{
				SMA = 699999.748825469
				ECC = 5.7074766816707E-07
				INC = 0
				LPE = 334.674282480191
				LAN = 263.745144113627
				MNA = 5.12599705921366
				EPH = 936.186803578713
				REF = 1
			}

When I replaced the INC = 0 with INC = 0.001, the problems seemed to go away

I have to go to work, but will see if I can figure out how to fix this later this evening

LGG

Edited by linuxgurugamer

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.