[1.12] HyperEdit [v1.5.8, July 10, 2018] - Cheat, Teleporter, Orbit/Planet Editor, & More

Ezriilc

Welcome to the forum, a_narwahl!

I'm sorry but there is no way to save changes made with Planet Editor. The game fixes everything when it starts up, so HyperEdit needs to be re-written to save and then reload your changes internally. That's on our to-do list.

Ok, Thanks for explaing.

Always smells like cheating, but now i'm about to launch my first vessel with hyperedit. I have launched 1300 part rockets before, but its no fun.

Well of course using HyperEdit is cheating! Sometimes it's fun or educational to cheat, but just don't let it ruin your game experience.

First, I never call it "launching" since it really isn't - you can't use HyperEdit to actually "Launch" a craft.

I only use HyperEdit for certain things, like putting-in a water craft, or testing specific performance aspects in isolation. I never use it in Career, or when earning a ribbon.

My biggest craft was over 1500 parts, and it was no fun at all until it dropped the first few stages. Now my rockets (The Kerbaltek Collection) are much smaller and more efficient.

I consider HyperEdit a testing tool. KSP does not have vacuum chambers or obstacle courses, so this is the next best thing. Also useful for debugging purposes.

Agreed and well put!

KSP is also missing a boat ramp, a tiki bar, and .... cheerleaders. (EDIT: Wow, that is some seriously strict censorship there - "....")

Yup, for testing, testing and more testing. Still in R&D on my Eve mission. I know the ship design can get there and back. Just need to do a few more alterations to save some weight and parts and refine the latest Gilly lander so MechJeb can successfully fly it with full tanks.

Still in R&D on my Eve mission. I know the ship design can get there and back. Just need to do a few more alterations to save some weight and parts and refine the latest Gilly lander so MechJeb can successfully fly it with full tanks.

I'd bet that such is the story for 99% of KSP players. Getting ol' Jebediah back from the surface of Eve is one of the few things I've not managed... yet. I sure hope he's patient, and takes air in little sips.

First, I never call it "launching" since it really isn't - you can't use HyperEdit to actually "Launch" a craft.

Super elliptic orbit starting on the outbound side 601 (for good measure) km from the center of the planet. :D

I will be using HyperEdit in career for one specific purpose (and I hope it works): To nail a satellite constellation in place relative to each other so they don't drift over time. I consider that the equivalent of my space agency having a guy check on them every day and do tiny tiny adjustments to their orbits.

Super elliptic orbit starting on the outbound side 601 (for good measure) km from the center of the planet. :D
I only mean "Launch" like in entering the flight scene by pressing the Launch button in the VAB/SPH, or clicking the Runway/Launch Pad in the KSC. Using HyperEdit from any scene other than an active flight could result in unexpected behavior, and is not recommended. :wink: Preventing HyperEdit from opening in any other scene is on my to-do list, and if anyone knows how to do that in C#, lemme know.
I will be using HyperEdit in career for one specific purpose (and I hope it works): To nail a satellite constellation in place relative to each other so they don't drift over time. I consider that the equivalent of my space agency having a guy check on them every day and do tiny tiny adjustments to their orbits.
I'd agree that that's a perfectly legitimate - and appropriately rare - use of HyperEdit in career mode, since it doesn't break any typical real-life constraints. Good example!

I use HyperEdit to test virtually ALL of my long range vessels. I'm not good enough to figure out d/v and if a lander can make it down and back up again without HyperEdit. Once I do my testing, then I fly it for reals :)

+1. I figure that so long as you're reverting your game after the test and not claiming any ribbons or whatever, then that's not cheating - it's a... "simulation".

I only mean "Launch" like in entering the flight scene by pressing the Launch button in the VAB/SPH, or clicking the Runway/Launch Pad in the KSC. Using HyperEdit from any scene other than an active flight could result in unexpected behavior, and is not recommended. :wink: Preventing HyperEdit from opening in any other scene is on my to-do list, and if anyone knows how to do that in C#, lemme know.

You don't want to use Hyperedit to specify an orbit that will be below ground level at the spawn point. I kinda temporarily blew up Kerbin last night then couldn't get to VAB or even exit KSP.

You don't want to use Hyperedit to specify an orbit that will be below ground level at the spawn point. I kinda temporarily blew up Kerbin last night then couldn't get to VAB or even exit KSP.

[as George Takei] Oh my!

But I don't see how that's related to my point. Not that I need to, I suppose. :confused:

I'd bet that such is the story for 99% of KSP players. Getting ol' Jebediah back from the surface of Eve is one of the few things I've not managed... yet. I sure hope he's patient, and takes air in little sips.

My lander uses 13 T800 tanks, one T400, six aerospikes, one LV45, one LV909, a 2 man can - and six of the large Hooligan Labs inflatable parachutes. Chutes for going down are 2 radials, 2 drogue, 4 large.

Set turn start to 35K, turn end 100K, 0 degrees, shape 52%. Inflate the bags, rise to around 24K. Engage Ascent Guidance at no less than 100m/sec then dump the airbags before starting the turn. It also has the top mount chutes and landing gear set up to jettison. I even have a Kerbal rip the ladder off and drop it before liftoff.

Even with Stock Drag Fix the lander needs no more than a 50% fuel load to land. I have a kethane mining rover (lands with no chutes and jettisons engines and tanks after touchdown) to refuel with a KAS hookup. Might be possible to put that capability on the bottom of the lander as a stage to leave behind.

My lander uses 13 T800 tanks, one T400, six aerospikes, one LV45, one LV909, a 2 man can - and six of the large Hooligan Labs inflatable parachutes. Chutes for going down are 2 radials, 2 drogue, 4 large.

Set turn start to 35K, turn end 100K, 0 degrees, shape 52%. Inflate the bags, rise to around 24K. Engage Ascent Guidance at no less than 100m/sec then dump the airbags before starting the turn. It also has the top mount chutes and landing gear set up to jettison. I even have a Kerbal rip the ladder off and drop it before liftoff.

Even with Stock Drag Fix the lander needs no more than a 50% fuel load to land. I have a kethane mining rover (lands with no chutes and jettisons engines and tanks after touchdown) to refuel with a KAS hookup. Might be possible to put that capability on the bottom of the lander as a stage to leave behind.

If you're willing, please upload to the Craft Kitchen so we all can trash your ship! :P

Just tried. Came back with log error. Yet there it is to download. It needs Hooligan Labs airships, Quantum struts and ReStock Reloaded, and the last release of the old Stretchy Tanks/SRB.

Edited by Galane

Hello!

I wanted to invite you Ezriilc to a discussion on a mod list I'm testing. Let me know in that thread if you would be interested in helping test other listed mods with yours, or if you already have. :)

Inigma's KSP Essentials Mod List

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/94353-WIP-Inigma-s-KSP-Essentials-Mod-List-%28in-Testing%29

Hello!

I wanted to invite you Ezriilc to a discussion on a mod list I'm testing. Let me know in that thread if you would be interested in helping test other listed mods with yours, or if you already have. :)

Inigma's KSP Essentials Mod List

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/94353-WIP-Inigma-s-KSP-Essentials-Mod-List-%28in-Testing%29

Very interesting! I will certainly read through that and get back to you. Right off the bat, I'd say that it can't be a terrible idea - and is likely a great one.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having some annoying issues with hyper edit in 32bit Ksp. Whenever I have used hyper edit, when I return to the space station I can't open any of the buildings. This doesn't seem to happen after normal flights, but it may be a problem with planetfactory. Please fix!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.