[1.12] HyperEdit [v1.5.8, July 10, 2018] - Cheat, Teleporter, Orbit/Planet Editor, & More

Ezriilc

Yikes. That's brutal.

Have you tried it without DRE installed? When in doubt, try a fresh download of KSP and HyperEdit, without any other mods. I know it's a pain.

I had the same thing happen to me, and i suspect KerbalJointReinforcement is the conflicting mod

Okay... I accidentally moved Kerbal to right infront of the sun. I tried to move it back to its normal orbit, but now it's out of its normal position with the rest of the planets and asteroids. I tried reloading a quicksave, but the damage is still there! Help!

To reset back to KSP defaults, do this:

- If you used Planet Editor, and saved with that, then delete the planet's file in : "...\GameData\Kerbaltek\PluginData\HyperEdit\..."

- Quit KSP completely (not just to the main menu) and restart to reset the planets to their default positions.

The Creator is working on a more intuitive way to save/load/reset planet data and positions, for both the Planet Editor and Orbit Editor functions. But the above should be a good work-around in the meantime.

If I've misunderstood, or you need more help, just let us know! Good luck!

Edited by Ezriilc

To reset back to KSP defaults, do this:

- If you used Planet Editor, and saved with that, then delete the planet's file in : "...\GameData\Kerbaltek\PluginData\HyperEdit\..."

- Quit KSP completely (not just to the main menu) and restart to reset the planets to their default positions.

The Creator is working on a more intuitive way to save/load/reset planet data and positions, for both the Planet Editor and Orbit Editor functions. But the above should be a good work-around in the meantime.

If I've misunderstood, or you need more help, just let us know! Good luck!

I think I used orbit editor because there's no planet file in that folder.

Well, does it happen *without* DMP? If yes, then it's obvious the problem is with hyperedit and I can probably fix it. If not, then we've got a serious problem that I wouldn't know where to start on.

My advice would to set "lead time" on rendezvous to something large, so that you're farther than 5km or whatever the load distance is. Hopefully no zooming occurs (I'm guessing the cause of the zooming is loading of vessels and wonkyness on DMP's side), and then move closer somehow.

Also how fast is "ridiculous"? It's actually a fairly important value - if it's <4km/s, then it might be due to orbital velocity changes not getting updated. If it's something insane (10Mm/s) then it might be due to calculating dV on a per-frame basis. There's a bunch of other values/reasons it could be happening.

Sorry for the lateness of my responce. To answer your questions:

1) The only times it has happened is with DMP. So it is probably a DMP bug.

2) It happened despite the lead time given.

3) The weird thing is the velocity wasn't being shown. The ship was just moving without the game registering that it was moving.

Sorry for the lateness of my responce. To answer your questions:

1) The only times it has happened is with DMP. So it is probably a DMP bug.

2) It happened despite the lead time given.

3) The weird thing is the velocity wasn't being shown. The ship was just moving without the game registering that it was moving.

Thanks for taking the time to report back. All such input helps.

KSP clean... hyper edit... put something into orbit... peripheral bits explode... engines, solar panel beams... whatever... something ALWAYS gets obliterated but never core elements of the craft. Help!

Could you send over a .craft, and share what you think might be key elements in it not working? It's hard for me to "fix" something without being able to encounter the problem myself - because it works fine for me for all the things I've tried (that's not to say there's not a problem, just maybe I haven't encountered it yet).

KSP clean... hyper edit... put something into orbit... peripheral bits explode... engines, solar panel beams... whatever... something ALWAYS gets obliterated but never core elements of the craft. Help!

You need to provide more details, but you can try a higher altitude.

Edited by Ezriilc

• 2 weeks later...

I've run into a problem, which I am not sure if it is a Hyperedit bug, or what.

Basically, I used Hyperedit to put a ship into orbit, to test it out at a far away planet . I throttle it up, and nothing. The Navball throttle indicator does not move. I turn RCS on and the RCS works, but not the engines.

To confirm the ship is good, I throttled up the engines on the launch pad, and they fire fine. I then use Hyperedit, and nothing.

Plenty of electricity, and of course it has a command pod. It works fine until I use Hyperedit.

Now, it does not happen with all ships. But it is happening with a new one that I've been working on. If the craft file is corrupted in a way that Hyperedit does not like, any ideas on how to fix it?

I even remove the engines and put new ones on, same thing.

Quit the game, restarted, same thing. Removed other mods except for Mechjeb, and restarted, same thing. And Hyperedit was also removed.

An earlier file version of the same ship has the same problem.

I did fly the craft into orbit the regular way and it throttles up fine when in orbit. But I really need to do some test landings on another planet before doing a real mission. It is such a complex ship, that it would be a PITA to have to rebuild from scratch. But if it is a corrupted file that can't be fixed, I guess I'll have to rebuild from scratch. But before I do that, I wanted to ask here first.

I am suspecting that when Hyperedit cuts throttle when it takes a ship from a pad and puts it in orbit, that there is something that Hyperedit does which does not let the throttle work after that.

BTW , I'm using .90.

- GeorgeG

Edited by GeorgeG

Hello to all...

Is it just me, or has HyperEdit become more finiky???

Previously getting a test craft into orbit was just a matter of getting the orbit altitude high enough and testing what parts or extra parts were needed to satify the explosion gods.

Now, I am either blowing up the pod, very strange as it is way up the chain..

or blowing up everything...

Has something changed in the latest version where I need to do something different..???

I have scanned through the last pages and seen lots of 'stuff' , but nothing that seems to fit this bill....

thanks for any help, ideas and or suggestions...

cheers.

Basically, I used Hyperedit to put a ship into orbit, to test it out at a far away planet . I throttle it up, and nothing. The Navball throttle indicator does not move. I turn RCS on and the RCS works, but not the engines.

To confirm the ship is good, I throttled up the engines on the launch pad, and they fire fine. I then use Hyperedit, and nothing.

Plenty of electricity, and of course it has a command pod. It works fine until I use Hyperedit.

Now, it does not happen with all ships. But it is happening with a new one that I've been working on. If the craft file is corrupted in a way that Hyperedit does not like, any ideas on how to fix it?

I even remove the engines and put new ones on, same thing.

Quit the game, restarted, same thing. Removed other mods except for Mechjeb, and restarted, same thing. And Hyperedit was also removed.

An earlier file version of the same ship has the same problem.

I did fly the craft into orbit the regular way and it throttles up fine when in orbit. But I really need to do some test landings on another planet before doing a real mission. It is such a complex ship, that it would be a PITA to have to rebuild from scratch. But if it is a corrupted file that can't be fixed, I guess I'll have to rebuild from scratch. But before I do that, I wanted to ask here first.

I am suspecting that when Hyperedit cuts throttle when it takes a ship from a pad and puts it in orbit, that there is something that Hyperedit does which does not let the throttle work after that.

BTW , I'm using .90.

- GeorgeG

I've never encountered this problem before. Thanks for the detailed description, but the only thing I can think of is that you forgot to activate the first stage before/after teleporting - because when the first stage isn't active (normally when you're sitting on the pad), you can toggle RCS and such, but throttle doesn't work.

If that doesn't fix it, try sending the .craft to me and I'll see if I can duplicate the problem on my side.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello to all...

Is it just me, or has HyperEdit become more finiky???

Previously getting a test craft into orbit was just a matter of getting the orbit altitude high enough and testing what parts or extra parts were needed to satify the explosion gods.

Now, I am either blowing up the pod, very strange as it is way up the chain..

or blowing up everything...

Has something changed in the latest version where I need to do something different..???

I have scanned through the last pages and seen lots of 'stuff' , but nothing that seems to fit this bill....

thanks for any help, ideas and or suggestions...

cheers.

I haven't changed anything recently about teleporting... have you installed any mods lately, like DRE or similar? There's been some problems with that mod. Make sure you're on vanilla and the problem is still happening.

ok, thanks... that must be the culprit...

problem is, I am trying to test DRE and thus using HEdit to get to orbit faster....

LoL...

Any ideas on a work-around for the DRE issue(s)..

Thanks for reply and help...

Ah, yeah, that would make sense. Right now the only for-sure workaround requires more code in hyperedit from me, which might be getting done in the future.

Although some people have reported that teleporting to a very high altitude around Kerbin works, and then lowering altitude to a sane level.

Ok, finally made it in with 'minimal' damage.. Had to go in REAL high....

I am testing in RSS and typical orbit is 180 - 240 km's for low orbit...

I had to come in 24,000 k and still lost parts.. But at least made it in...

will experiment to see how to get parts to stay on..

used to use fairings, but those are blowing off as well and pulling kit with them..

cheers.

- GeorgeG

Excellent bug report! Thanks for that.

I've not yet seen this problem myself, so I'd like to reproduce it.

Please send me a copy of at least one ship that it's happening to. You can either upload it to our public gallery and then tell me, or send it to me via our Contact page.

Thanks for the time and effort. If it's a bug, then we need to kill it ASAP.

Edited by Ezriilc

Problem solved. The main problem was not Hyperedit's fault.

I have an SSTO Space Plane with two Rapiers, several turbojets, and an LV-N.

I found out today that the LV-N did work in orbit….. if I had NOT activated any of the airbreathing engines.

One clue was the Rapiers, after a test firing on the ground, they would usually make a "puh" sound when Hyperediting into orbit. The sound that is made when an airbreathing engine does not have enough air. The engine did not change from airbreathing to closed cycle, since it had not automatically switched when the intake air got too low.

So maybe that counts as a bit of a bug for Hyperedit , but again that is not the main cause. And maybe not so much as a bug as an issue that the user should be aware of.

With Mechjeb, a few days ago, I started using the Utilities option to "Prevent jet flameout". Well, now I realize that when the jets are in orbit but activated, Mechjeb refuses to allow the throttle to advance even though there are rocket engines that could work. And this only tends to happen when using Hyperedit, as a normal climb to orbit would involve shutting down the jet engines anyway (Well, before I started using that option to prevent flameout, I used action groups to shut down various jets). And the Rapiers change from airbreathing to closedcycle on their own.

So the solution for me is to either deactivate "prevent jet flameout" in Mechjeb once the airbreathing part of the flight is over, or just have all of the airbreathing engines deactivated (and make sure the the Rapiers are in closedcycle mode).

- George Gassaway

Edited by GeorgeG

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

recently i came across a problem with wandering maneuver nodes and created a forum thread to find out about the root cause of this effect. you can find this thread here (the thread describes it in detail and there is also a video of the problem):

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/110757-why-do-maneuver-nodes-wander-around

following post #17 in the mentioned thread it became apparent that the underlying cause of this seems to be HyperEdit. I was able to confirm that by deinstalling HyperEdit the effect will vanish.

so i'd like to bring this to your attention in case you're not already aware of it.

thanks in advance!

regards

Max

Hi,

recently i came across a problem with wandering maneuver nodes and created a forum thread to find out about the root cause of this effect. you can find this thread here (the thread describes it in detail and there is also a video of the problem):

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/110757-why-do-maneuver-nodes-wander-around

following post #17 in the mentioned thread it became apparent that the underlying cause of this seems to be HyperEdit. I was able to confirm that by deinstalling HyperEdit the effect will vanish.

so i'd like to bring this to your attention in case you're not already aware of it.

thanks in advance!

regards

Max

This makes absolutely zero sense whatsoever. Are you absolutely certain that HyperEdit is the cause of the issue, and it's not just a coincidence that uninstalling it "fixes" the issue?

HyperEdit does not interface with maneuver nodes at all in the codebase, not even a mention of the word "maneuver", so I'm entirely baffled how hyperedit could be the issue.

Edit: Tried to reproduce the issue myself, was unable to even with hyperedit installed. I guess if you're still having the issue, try both the current version of hyperedit as well as the beta located at the bottom of the page here - http://www.kerbaltek.com/hyperedit

Edited by khyperia

Hi,

thanks in advance!

regards

Max

I'm sorry you're having trouble, but this issue is definitely NOT being caused by HyperEdit, and khyperia is correct - it's simply not possible.

Regardless, if you keep having problems, I would like to help, so please do a fresh download and install of KSP and the latest HyperEdit ONLY. If the problem persists, then send me a copy of your ship's .craft file and the exact steps to reproduce it. I'll do my best to ferret out the cause.

Thanks and good luck!

i tried the beta DLL and i can still observe this behaviour.

one guy in my other thread mentioned that he uses HyperEdit a lot but does NOT use mechJeb and he never observed this effect. so maybe it is some sideeffect between HE and MJ.

i guess i'll try to uninstall MJ, startup a fresh steam-download from the game and try to get to Duna, do some maneuvering there without any mods, then install HE (beta) and change some orbits and do some more maneuvering and finally install mechjeb and see when the effect starts to show up.

i'll get back to you on that.

yes, the effect seems to be related to using HE and MJ in conjunction. when i use either one of them alone the effect does not appear. when i use them together, tough, it's easy to reproduce and it completely "breaks" MechJeb.

i also observed several times now (not always, though) that when i first use the MJ maneuver planner window after i changed an orbit with HyperEdit, the maneuver node created shows "NaN" (Not a Number) as "delta V remaining".

so it seems that HE does "something" to the orbits that MechJeb doesn't "like". I understand that you won't be able to say much about that. I'm a software developer, too and i can make an educated guess how hard this would be to debug. so i guess for now i'll just stop using the two addons together.

HE is a cheat anyway, right!? :-)

just kidding :-)

regards

Max

yes, the effect seems to be related to using HE and MJ in conjunction. when i use either one of them alone the effect does not appear. when i use them together, tough, it's easy to reproduce and it completely "breaks" MechJeb.

i also observed several times now (not always, though) that when i first use the MJ maneuver planner window after i changed an orbit with HyperEdit, the maneuver node created shows "NaN" (Not a Number) as "delta V remaining".

so it seems that HE does "something" to the orbits that MechJeb doesn't "like". I understand that you won't be able to say much about that. I'm a software developer, too and i can make an educated guess how hard this would be to debug. so i guess for now i'll just stop using the two addons together.

HE is a cheat anyway, right!? :-)

just kidding :-)

regards

Max

Please send a copy of the .craft file you're using. You can either upload it via the Craft Kitchen, or attach it to a message on our Contact page. Thanks!

P.S. HyperEdit is cheating, but it has its uses for testing and "simulations". :wink:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.