[1.12] HyperEdit [v1.5.8, July 10, 2018] - Cheat, Teleporter, Orbit/Planet Editor, & More

Ezriilc

I find this mod most useful to test things as rovers/aircrafts/parachutes on other planets, see how they behave before actually taking the time to go there just to see a spectacular explosion of half a million. o_o

Awesome! And thank you!

Edited by Cyst
becausefun

I find this mod most useful to test things as rovers/aircrafts/parachutes on other planets, see how they behave before actually taking the time to go there just to see a spectacular explosion of half a million. o_o

Awesome! And thank you!

Cyst,

You're very welcome, of course. Thanks for taking the time to come in here and say so.

HyperEdit is beloved by many, and The Creator (khyperia) and the custodian (myself) really enjoy taking care of it.

Be sure to register with us so you can receive email alerts when we update HyperEdit and/or other Kerbaltek stuff.

:D Cheers!

Hi

My ship is on the runway and i want to teleport it on the anywhere on the Mun.

How do I do that practically?

I don't see how to do it with planet editor or Ship lander.

Can you explain, please

Hi

My ship is on the runway and i want to teleport it on the anywhere on the Mun.

How do I do that practically?

I don't see how to do it with planet editor or Ship lander.

Can you explain, please

Hi, gilflo.

To teleport to any place on another body (another "SOI"), you need to first use the Orbit Editor to put your craft into orbit around that body. Then, you can use Ship Lander to put yourself down onto the surface.

I hope this helps!

Thanks to khyperia & EzriilC for hyper edit - it's hyper useful!

Yesterday I tried Realism Overhaul - Real Solar System and a bunch of other mods & tweaks. The craft orbit editor there just explodes craft on the pad. I could use the 'landing' function to get my craft high above a point over Kerbin/Earth, but the velocity editor would then explode the craft if I tried to work it up to an orbit.

On ++velocity I could see the G meter peg out at the top of the scale, a couple of the Mods interact with physics; KJR tries to 'adjust something' and FAR&DRE will do mechanical failure due to physics. After I'd removed these HyperEdit worked fine. I've Hyered with DRE in stock, so maybe RO has a custom config making it more strict.

I'm wondering if there is some 'physics important' variables you could be zeroing that would make it usable in RO?

Thanks to khyperia & EzriilC for hyper edit - it's hyper useful!

We're glad you think so! Thanks for the thanks, and for the info about interactions with other mods.

Now that KSP 1.0 and HyperEdit 1.4 are out, we'll be looking out for any new bugs and that includes interactions with other mods. Please report any that you find, either here or on our site - and thanks again!

Thanks for the fast 1.0 release!

I never noticed before, maybe it's new, but I don't see a way to use this with Blizzy's Toolbar, is that possible? Or at the very least, a way to clear the big ol H off the stock toolbar for more room :)

Amazing mod, thanks for the hard work!

This time, literally all the work was done by The Creator (khyperia), but I'm desperate for attention, so I'll accept your compliments. :wink:

But seriously, they're watching this thread, and I try to tell them as often as I can how much we all love HyperEdit, and appreciate their work.

Anyone else having an issue with HyperEdit 1.4 not loading the pre-existing coordinates or saving new ones? I just did a clean copy of 1.0, reinstalled HyperEdit 1.4, and launched a basic rover on the runway. Opened up HyperEdit from the stock toolbar and clicked load ... nothing shows in the load screen. The landcoords.txt file has information in it ... but it neither saves new locations to this file or apparently reads the pre-existing ones for me. I first noticed this is my career mode game. I tested it again in Sandbox mode on the clean install.

~M~

Edited by Mynar Moonshadow
added information

Yes, unfortunately there's a fundamental problem in the current version with the landing module - attempting to save landing coordinates results in the creation of a file in the KSP directory, containing the pathname of the landcoords.txt and named with the string of the new coordinates.

Anyone else having an issue with HyperEdit 1.4 not loading the pre-existing coordinates or saving new ones? I just did a clean copy of 1.0, reinstalled HyperEdit 1.4, and launched a basic rover on the runway. Opened up HyperEdit from the stock toolbar and clicked load ... nothing shows in the load screen. The landcoords.txt file has information in it ... but it neither saves new locations to this file or apparently reads the pre-existing ones for me. I first noticed this is my career mode game. I tested it again in Sandbox mode on the clean install.

~M~

Yes, unfortunately there's a fundamental problem in the current version with the landing module - attempting to save landing coordinates results in the creation of a file in the KSP directory, containing the pathname of the landcoords.txt and named with the string of the new coordinates.

My apologies, I re-worked a lot of things and apparently forgot to test that one.

I fixed both these problems, you can download the fixed dll here http://www.kerbaltek.com/hyperedit at the bottom, the hyperedit_hotfix.dll (I don't have access to the main download area, so I'll have to wait for Ezriilc to get on for that to be updated)

Edit: Also fixed the planet persistence problem. (hey, at least that one wasn't my fault, Squad did weird things with their code)

Edited by khyperia

Apparently there is a problem with this forum sending out email notifications of new posts. Fear not, the rock stars at Squad are on it. :wink:

In the mean time, if anyone needs me right away, please use our site's Contact page.

Thanks Khyperia and Ezriilc for getting this fixed up so fast! Fantastic work and hopefully you don't gain too many white hairs nailing down the last tidbits.

Even The Man (Scott Manley) broke the no-mod rules during the twitch streaming ... and guess which mod he had installed ... :D

~M~

Could you change the inclanation input to also be in the 'Simple' Menu?

This was already requested a few pages ago -

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/37756-0-90-HyperEdit-v1-3-Dec-17-2014-Teleporter-Orbit-Planet-Editor-More/page70

basically, no, because doing so would turn the Simple menu into exactly what Complex is - so why not just tab over to Complex anyway? Simple should stay simple.

I tested the Hyperedit_hotfix.dll and saving coordinates works! YAY!

But ...

(you knew that was coming, right?)

It saves the coordinates to a new file in ..\KSP\Gamedata\Kerbaltek\Hyperedit. The old file is located in ..\KSP\GameData\Kerbaltek\PluginData\HyperEdit. This causes the new saves to work just fine, but the old "trusty" KSC Beach - Wet coordinates to not load from the old landcoords.txt file.

If you are someone like me ... and has a ton of saved coordinates from previous games ... it'd be nice to have them available when upgrading. It isn't a *huge* problem as I just merged the two files together. But others upgrading from 0.90/1.3 to 1.0/1.4 might be a bit bewildered.

There also appears to be a disconnect between the stock toolbar button and the "close all" button from the first screen. The toolbar button doesn't seem to understand the current state of the "close all button" when you use that to close the window. It results in a double click if you use the stock button to reopen the first menu. Again, first world problem and nothing game breaking. I can make exact reproduction steps if my explanation isn't clear.

It probably isn't ... it's been a long night with many cocktails and science hopping on Minmus. :)

Thanks for all that you do!!! I (as one in a hundred users that posts) greatly appreciate the time and energy you put into this mod!

~M~

Edited by Mynar Moonshadow
clarity (sort of)

I tested the Hyperedit_hotfix.dll and saving coordinates works! YAY!

But ...

(you knew that was coming, right?)

It saves the coordinates to a new file in ..\KSP\Gamedata\Kerbaltek\Hyperedit. The old file is located in ..\KSP\GameData\Kerbaltek\PluginData\HyperEdit. This causes the new saves to work just fine, but the old "trusty" KSC Beach - Wet coordinates to not load from the old landcoords.txt file.

If you are someone like me ... and has a ton of saved coordinates from previous games ... it'd be nice to have them available when upgrading. It isn't a *huge* problem as I just merged the two files together. But others upgrading from 0.90/1.3 to 1.0/1.4 might be a bit bewildered.

There also appears to be a disconnect between the stock toolbar button and the "close all" button from the first screen. The toolbar button doesn't seem to understand the current state of the "close all button" when you use that to close the window. It results in a double click if you use the stock button to reopen the first menu. Again, first world problem and nothing game breaking. I can make exact reproduction steps if my explanation isn't clear.

It probably isn't ... it's been a long night with many cocktails and science hopping on Minmus. :)

Thanks for all that you do!!! I (as one in a hundred users that posts) greatly appreciate the time and energy you put into this mod!

~M~

Thanks for the great report, and for your appreciation.

- Re: landcoords.txt : Excellent idea (that I thought up a while ago but never implemented... no really)!

- Re: Stock toolbar button : Way to find those bugs! Working on that too...

- khyperia has also fixed an issue reported by another user that boogered multiple Planet Editor save file loading on startup.

Watch the description of the Experimental at the bottom of the HyperEdit download page for these fixes, and I/we will post again when they're done.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Khyperia and Ezriilc for getting this fixed up so fast! Fantastic work and hopefully you don't gain too many white hairs nailing down the last tidbits.

Even The Man (Scott Manley) broke the no-mod rules during the twitch streaming ... and guess which mod he had installed ... :D

~M~

You're very welcome of course. khyperia does it for the fame and glory, but I just enjoy helping others. :sticktongue:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.