[1.12] HyperEdit [v1.5.8, July 10, 2018] - Cheat, Teleporter, Orbit/Planet Editor, & More

Ezriilc

26 minutes ago, moar ssto said:

Hyperedit seems to be not reesponding when trying to use ship lander to land crafts on planest of RSS and REX.

I'm not sure what you mean by not responding.  If you can give us more detail, including the steps necessary to reproduce the problem, I'd bet someone could help.

• 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, New Horizons said:

Is there any version for KSP 1.8+

Kerbaltek website shows it is for KSP 1.4.4

Yes!  The current version works on versions up to 1.9.1.  I recommend grabbing the BETA, since that includes some fixes.  I need to move that to a normal release.

2 hours ago, Space Nerd said:

I think this is related to using hyperedit v1.5.8 in ksp 1.9.1, and the cause of RUD is said to be a structural linkage failure, I'm going to switch to beta version when I have time.

Almost anything is possible with HyperEdit.  Please let us know how it goes.

• 2 weeks later...

I am getting weird behavior. Specifically, after using hyperedit to enter an orbit, my position changes seemingly randomly, at random times. Usually it's several minutes between jumps, and the jumps can be between a few tens of metres, and hundreds of KM. It seems to do it more when I am using time acceleration. Looking at the log/console, there isn't any specific event that seems to happen that coincides with the jumps.

I'm not trying to rope anyone into extended tech support, but I would at least like to know... is this a previously observed behavior or not?

50 minutes ago, Tokamak said:

I am getting weird behavior.

Welcome to HyperEdit!

50 minutes ago, Tokamak said:

Specifically, after using hyperedit to enter an orbit, my position changes seemingly randomly, at random times. Usually it's several minutes between jumps, and the jumps can be between a few tens of metres, and hundreds of KM. It seems to do it more when I am using time acceleration. Looking at the log/console, there isn't any specific event that seems to happen that coincides with the jumps.

I'm not trying to rope anyone into extended tech support, but I would at least like to know... is this a previously observed behavior or not?

I do believe that is a known bug, but you're free to check in our issues list on GitHub:  https://github.com/Ezriilc/HyperEdit/issues

I also believe that a work-around for that issue is to save, then change scenes to somewhere else, such as the tracking station, and then back to Flight.

Good luck!

Edited by Ezriilc
Linkified the linky.

When I HyperEdit to add atmosphere to a planet, I find that the atmosphere does not gradually fade in.  Upon reaching the value I typed into HyperEdit is reached the atmosphere suddenly kicks in at FULL sea level value. Bang, craft destroyed.

Could a generic atmosphere be created so this won't happen? with levels that gradually phase in like Kerbin.

Edited by etoanrish
Made the question a bit clearer, I hope

7 minutes ago, etoanrish said:

When I HyperEdit to add atmosphere to a planet, I find that the atmosphere does not gradually fade in.  At reaching the value I put into H is reached the atmosphere suddenly kicks in at FULL sea level value. Bang, craft destroyed.

Could a generic atmosphere be created so this won't happen?

I'll be honest.  I just don't know.  I'll have my crew of testers (a "technically adult" kid) that will attempt to determine the possibilities, if any.

Edited by Ezriilc
To appease the kid.

13 hours ago, Ezriilc said:

@etoanrish, our testing shows that there is no known way to make the atmosphere have gradual density.  Sorry about that!  I've created an issue for it, and hopefully someone can get that fixed.

Kerbin and the other atmospheres in the base game have gradual atmospheres.  Coming back from orbit, the sea level pressure doesn't suddenly kick in at 70Km, for example, at Kerbin.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

First of all, thanks! Especially for the orbit editor :)

I have moved around stock planets, tweaked a bit their mass too. Lots of fun without Kopernicus...

I have found a bug, I think. I've tried the latest stable as well as the beta

It seems that when Hyperedit calculates the orbit and speed, it does not always consider the updates of the parent body.

---------------- Test -----------------

Dres

Orbiting Sol "near" Kerbin

GeeASL is increased by a lot (from 0.115g in vanilla to 0.7g)

Minmus

Orbiting Dres at around 16Mm

Craft X

Creating a simple craft

Set orbit to Dres similar (below or above) Minmus's. Alternatively just arrive to Dres from Sol orbit and get to a similar orbit to Minmus's. Does not really matter...

The "speed" of Craft X and Minmus are completely different. Minmus is really "slow".

---------------- /Test -----------------

It seems to me that the orbit and orbital velocity calculation of Minmus is based on the original mass (1/6th of the new settings) of Dres. Or something similar, did not debug the code yet... :)

If I touch Minmus in Hyperedit again (e.g., orbit editor), then it starts to use the correct mass of its parent body.

I'm not sure about other bodies yet.

Please find my settings (based on the beta currently):

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1JVoMl37nr6xqFXHARU3DCNpwQd59NrI4?usp=sharing

---- EDIT 1 ----

Yes, it seems that ApplyFileDefaults() goes through FlightGlobals.Bodies in one pass and applying config immediately, no changes to the parent body parameters are considered.

So if the new parent body (here it is Dres) of the body (Minmus) is later in the list (and Dres seems to be), the orbit will be faulty.

Suggestion:

Read up all the config files and order the bodies in a tree (or at least an ordered list by depth) of the parent-child relation. Then apply the configs.

Opened issue in GitHub: Ignored parent body relations #70

Edited by kubi

5 hours ago, kubi said:

First of all, thanks! Especially for the orbit editor :)

I'm glad you find it useful.  :D

Thanks for the detailed report.

Most of that went completely over my head, so I'm not going to be much help, but you've created an issue so others will see it there and here.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, etmoonshade said:

Am I correct in my vague recollection that HyperEdit will just choke and die if I try to run an old version on 1.10?

I don't think so.  :confused:  At least, not for me.  I'm using the latest version of HyperEdit.

I've tested the latest HyperEdit's Lander and Orbit Editor with KSP v1.10, and it seems to work as expected.  Please let me know if you have any issues.

Edited by Ezriilc
Added "the latest"

7 minutes ago, Ezriilc said:

I don't think so.  :confused:  At least, not for me.  I'm using the latest version of HyperEdit.

I've tested the latest HyperEdit's Lander and Orbit Editor with KSP v1.10, and it seems to work as expected.  Please let me know if you have any issues.

Huh, okay. I'll download the latest and let y'all know if I run into anything then.

Note that this was more about remembering something about version exclusivity from the past (it's been quite a while since I've played KSP - 1.5 or so?) than a specific bug or problem I ran into - I'm still in the process of collecting up all my mods, so I haven't even started it yet. ;)

19 minutes ago, etmoonshade said:

Huh, okay. I'll download the latest and let y'all know if I run into anything then.

Thanks for your input.  :)  It really helps to have others testing and reporting.

21 minutes ago, etmoonshade said:

Note that this was more about remembering something about version exclusivity from the past [...]

No worries!  :D  Please feel free to contact me any time about any thing.

• 3 weeks later...

FWIW, I haven't particularly run into any major issues on 1.10.

One oddity is that ship lander sometimes seems to drop my craft a half-second after hitting the land button, and in general clicking the "land" then "drop" button repeatedly will raise my craft into the air another <altitude> feet from its current altitude. The first isn't reproducible, but the second seems to consistently happen.

I actually find the second function useful sometimes - I tend to "go big or go nowhere," so I sometimes need the altitude to get into the proper orientation. Just an odd and possibly undocumented quirk?

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Drupegod02 said:

I cant seem to use the ship lander button while playing on beyond home on 1.9.1 or 1.10.1. It only allows me to use "land here".

You may need to enter coordinates. If I remember what Beyond Home does, you'll definitely need to enter coordinates, since none of the stock KSC stuff exists AFAIK.

A picture of what you're seeing may also help.

(I've got something like 5 planet packs, and it's working for me - although none of them change the stock planets...)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.