[1.12] HyperEdit [v1.5.8, July 10, 2018] - Cheat, Teleporter, Orbit/Planet Editor, & More

Ezriilc

Just now, adriangm44 said:

Does the Planet Editor feature really work? I don't see any ocean when enabling it in other planets neither my kerbals can breathe in their atmosphere when enabling the oxigen...

As far as I know, yes it does.  If you're having trouble, can you please provide more details?  What exactly are you doing?  Which planet?  Are you using any other mods?

On 3/4/2021 at 9:14 PM, Ezriilc said:

As far as I know, yes it does.  If you're having trouble, can you please provide more details?  What exactly are you doing?  Which planet?  Are you using any other mods?

I'll let you know once I've done a clean mod install, as I have lots of mods in my ckan list and I dont even know what some of them are, maybe dependencies... I'll be in touch

• 1 month later...
On 5/3/2020 at 11:13 PM, moar ssto said:

Hyperedit seems to be not reesponding when trying to use ship lander to land crafts on planest of RSS and REX.

On 5/3/2020 at 11:41 PM, Ezriilc said:

I'm not sure what you mean by not responding.  If you can give us more detail, including the steps necessary to reproduce the problem, I'd bet someone could help.

I am encountering the same problem. In RSS environment, the Ship Lander Function is not working, no any responding when I press the Land button. Land Here is the only thing working in the Lander. Debug console is not showing any messages as well.

I am running KSP 1.8.1 with HyperEdit 1.5.8, RSS version 18.1.3. When RSS is removed completely, the Landing function is working again. 

Could you please give a look into that, and I am happy to provide more details if needed.

16 minutes ago, mark7 said:

I am encountering the same problem. In RSS environment, the Ship Lander Function is not working, no any responding when I press the Land button. Land Here is the only thing working in the Lander. Debug console is not showing any messages as well.

I am running KSP 1.8.1 with HyperEdit 1.5.8, RSS version 18.1.3. When RSS is removed completely, the Landing function is working again. 

Could you please give a look into that, and I am happy to provide more details if needed.

I am very sorry, but I honestly don't know how to even start fixing this issue.  I'm not a C# programmer, nor do I know KSP modding very well.  I didn't create our mods and I rely on the help of others to maintain them.  However, posting here is a good idea because the folks here have always been quite helpful in the past.

26 minutes ago, Ezriilc said:

I am very sorry, but I honestly don't know how to even start fixing this issue.  I'm not a C# programmer, nor do I know KSP modding very well.  I didn't create our mods and I rely on the help of others to maintain them.  However, posting here is a good idea because the folks here have always been quite helpful in the past.

Alright, thank you anyway.

I'm not a C# programmer but I am currently looking into the source code to see if I can find any clue. My initial suspect is how the way RSS tweak the home planet affect how HyperEdit is working. I'm still digging into that, and should there be any progress, I will post it here.

Edit: Do you know if the 【Extensions.Log()】in the source file is to print a message in the KSP.log or not?

Edited by mark7

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Sepehr said:

Could you please add a RSS/RO Config as a separate download? Because not working on RSS but working in the stock. Thanks! 

I'm sorry, but I'm not a coder.  However, maybe someone else will see this and offer help.

1 minute ago, Lindy said:

Need some help please! I keep getting a 403 when I try to DL...

Need some help please! I keep getting a 403 when I try to DL...

Try disabling any plugins, a different browser, etc..  If none of that works, then please provide lots more information.

What web page are you on?
What file(s) are you trying to download?
What buttons/links are you clicking?

12 hours ago, Lindy said:

Shudda known... Your server doesn't like my VPN :P

Thanks for the follow-up!

Really?  I've not done anything to block any VPNs or IP ranges.  That seems odd.

Are you sure it's not also doing something jenky with the request, like hiding or messing with the referrer?

Any other details you can give me would be greatly appreciated.  Feel free to contact me privately.  :)

3 hours ago, Ezriilc said:

Thanks for the follow-up!

Really?  I've not done anything to block any VPNs or IP ranges.  That seems odd.

Are you sure it's not also doing something jenky with the request, like hiding or messing with the referrer?

I don't know if any thing else was going on, but when I turned off the VPN the file DL'ed just fine. I'm using Mozilla VPN if that provides any clues :)

1 minute ago, Lindy said:

I don't know if any thing else was going on, but when I turned off the VPN the file DL'ed just fine. I'm using Mozilla VPN if that provides any clues :)

Well, I'm glad it worked!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I wish I could set a flag to hyperedit autoland a base N meters above the surface just prior to it loading the flight scene for that base.  It would be one more tool to alleviate kraken attacks on bases at flight scene load.  Ideally it would just keep the same orientation to the terrain as in the savefile.  It this theoretically doable?  I gather that KSP devs have tried to solve the issue by loading the craft a bit above where they think the surface will generate, but I think their ballpark guess of that safety margin is not enough given the number of exploding bases I've encountered on scene load

Edited by darthgently

1 hour ago, darthgently said:

I wish I could set a flag to hyperedit autoland a base N meters above the surface just prior to it loading the flight scene for that base.  It would be one more tool to alleviate kraken attacks on bases at flight scene load.  Ideally it would just keep the same orientation to the terrain as in the savefile.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you mean.  Can you describe a sequence of steps that would let you do what you're wanting?

24 minutes ago, Ezriilc said:

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you mean.  Can you describe a sequence of steps that would let you do what you're wanting?

In Hyperedit, you can land a craft at any lat/lng at a given starting altitude on any body.  I can manually do what I described in my OP by using the hyperedit landing functionality by using some craft other than the base as the active vessel then in hyperedit selecting the base I want to load without the kraken getting it.  Then hyperedit land it on its normal spot a few meters above the terrain.  I was hoping to automate that process by having a sticky flag such that hyperedit would intervene any time I went into the flight scene for that base.  So instead of just loading up the base and making it active (and watching the kraken destroy it), the base would be hyperedit landed from a very low altitude to its same lat/lng coordinates.  This is based on what I understand about why landed bases and craft are vulnerable to the kraken.  When the flight scene loads for a craft becoming active that is landed, sometimes the terrain generator in KSP overlaps/clips the terrain into parts of of the craft, which causes the physics engine to repel them from each other.  I don't claim to fully understand the problem though

Edited by darthgently

I'm sorry, but I just don't understand what you mean.  I realize that you're probably talking about landing some craft (you say "base"?) on a planet without it exploding, but I don't get any of the rest of it.

If you would post a specific and exact sequence of steps (what buttons you might click and values you would enter) to achieve what you want, it might help me to understand what you're trying to do.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.