[1.12] HyperEdit [v1.5.8, July 10, 2018] - Cheat, Teleporter, Orbit/Planet Editor, & More

Ezriilc

12 minutes ago, Ezriilc said:

I'm sorry, but I just don't understand what you mean.  I realize that you're probably talking about landing some craft (you say "base"?) on a planet without it exploding, but I don't get any of the rest of it.

If you would post a specific and exact sequence of steps (what buttons you might click and values you would enter) to achieve what you want, it might help me to understand what you're trying to do.

Are you the author/maintainer of Hyperedit?  I think I've been fairly clear and anyone who has played KSP for some time has had issues making landed craft the active vessel.  Bases in KSP are also craft.  Even asteroids are "craft".

Yes, I am the owner and maintainer of HyperEdit.

I've asked you for a specific and exact step-by-step sequence of the scenario you picture HyperEdit doing for you.  Without that, it seems that I won't be able to understand what you're trying to do.

5 hours ago, darthgently said:

I was hoping to automate that process by having a sticky flag

pretty sure this terminology is causing the confusion, especially since flags are an actual thing in KSP you can place on the ground

@Ezriilcmy interpretation of this is he wants an option in the Hyperedit settings menu that when enabled:

1. checks the type of vessel on scene load
  2. if the type == base then
  3. lift the vessel n (user defined amount in the settings) meters off the ground
  4. land it at the same coordinates

So, automatically uses the functionality of the vessel landing feature

1 hour ago, Drew Kerman said:

pretty sure this terminology is causing the confusion, especially since flags are an actual thing in KSP you can place on the ground

@Ezriilcmy interpretation of this is he wants an option in the Hyperedit settings menu that when enabled:

3. lift the vessel n (user defined amount in the settings) meters off the ground

Nice job narrowing down the miscommunication.  The double meaning didn't even occur to me

13 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

@Drew Kerman Thanks for your help!  @darthgently I am sorry for the confusion.

I didn't even realize there is a vessel type of "base", but I do think I get it now.  Basically the same as the Lander currently works, but making the change before the scene loads.  Yeah?

Sadly, after all that, I don't think I know enough to add that option to HyperEdit, but I will take a look at the code.  Although I am the owner, I'm not the original creator, and I'm not fluent in C#.  Lately, I haven't even been able to get the project to build, due to errors that I don't understand.  As per usual, I'm hoping that someone can jump in and help.  And again, I'm sorry that I'm no help.

Edited by Ezriilc
typos

1 hour ago, Ezriilc said:

@Drew Kerman Thanks for your help!  @darthgently I am sorry for the confusion.

I didn't even realize there is a vessel type of "base", but I do think I get it now.  Basically the same as the Lander currently works, but making the change before the scene loads.  Yeah?

Sadly, after all that, I don't think I know enough to add that option to HyperEdit, but I will take a look at the code.  Although I am the owner, I'm not the original creator, and I'm not fluent in C#.  Lately, I haven't even been able to get the project to build, due to errors that I don't understand.  As per usual, I'm hoping that someone can jump in and help.  And again, I'm sorry that I'm no help.

The "base" was just an example.  The option to set a flag on the vessel, so that any time it is made active while it is landed, this hyperedit landing will automatically happen is more what I was thinking.  It bothers me that you and I even have to think about this.  It seems in all the years that KSP has been going the devs at Squad could have found a solution that worked.  But that is on the outside looking in.  Another approach that occurred to me was for the terrain vertices and triangles where the ship touches the terrain would be saved with the ship in the savefile and when making that craft active, the terrain generator would incorporate those pre-existing vertices an triangles in the newly generated terrain so there could be no clipping between the generated terrain and the craft.  But that would be a KSP dev thing

Edited by darthgently

1 hour ago, Drew Kerman said:

@darthgently are you aware of this?

Yes.  I've used it before but couldn't tell that it made any difference.  Most of my ISRU bases have KAS/KIS connections between tanks and tankers and such and while that mod may be good, it apparently wasn't that good.  I could try it again.  I'm not sure that mod addresses the root cause I'm dealing with.  Thank you very much for the response, I do appreciate it

2 minutes ago, Mr.dobsonian said:

Hi there, I'm a little confused about this mod. It says that the latest release on kerbaltek works from 1.4 through 1.10 despite the forum saying it works on 1.12. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My bad!  It does work with versions up to at least 1.12.x.  I need to fix the text description.

• 4 weeks later...

Whatever you do, don't paste a paragraph into the Orbit Editor because you thought you copied '100000' to easily get into orbit but you didn't and the essay you wrote last night gets copied into the box, making it several screens in width and making it so you can't open the box again when you manually close it with the X button.

• 1 month later...

Is Hyperedit ever going to get any updates or is it basically feature complete?

I ask because for the longest time the only feature I've wanted is an option for the vessel list to exclude:

1) Planets/Asteroids

2) Things marked 'Debris'

As-is the vessel list gets very hard to use because it's kind of locked at a weird size, and if you're using certain planet mods or have lots of debris, it's just a mess to find actual vessels.

Besides that, always has been the most useful mod, primarily I use it to establish satellite constellations.

16 hours ago, Frostiken said:

Is Hyperedit ever going to get any updates or is it basically feature complete?

I ask because for the longest time the only feature I've wanted is an option for the vessel list to exclude:

1) Planets/Asteroids

2) Things marked 'Debris'

As-is the vessel list gets very hard to use because it's kind of locked at a weird size, and if you're using certain planet mods or have lots of debris, it's just a mess to find actual vessels.

Besides that, always has been the most useful mod, primarily I use it to establish satellite constellations.

Well, it's not quite feature complete, but I doubt there will be many updates from here on, as interest in it has dropped, and I'm not really able to do fixes as I'm not much of a C# coder..

8 minutes ago, Ezriilc said:

I didn't create it, but you're still very welcome.  :)

still the same. I might understand the time spent adopting/maintaining mods. :valwink:

9 minutes ago, Ezriilc said:

I have replied to your issue, but I don't think there's anything I can do.

there is now a reply to your reply. :D I will see if someone I know has the time to help fix this. 

2 hours ago, XbasmanX said:

Just curious, I have a 65" TV and all the windows of Hyper Edit are to small and I can barely read the text. Is there a way to scale the UI up?

I could be wrong, but doesn't the UI scaling setting in KSP work for HyperEdit?  If not, then I don't really know what to do.

• 2 months later...
Just now, JediRangerkendor said:

It is absolutely mind blowing that you have created a mod so resilient that it has needed little to no changes over so many game versions. Well done!

Although I'm very glad that you like it, I didn't actually create HyperEdit.  I took over the project long ago, and I've only been involved in updating, maintaining, and hosting it on my site.  Even so, most of the updates have come from other community members that stepped in when I was unable to determine a fix (nearly always).

By far, the thanks should go to The Creator (who no longer wishes to be involved) for making it, and this awesome community for their support of HyperEdit.  I mostly just sweep the floors and make coffee. :cool:

Thanks for your kind message!

2 hours ago, Ezriilc said:

Although I'm very glad that you like it, I didn't actually create HyperEdit.  I took over the project long ago, and I've only been involved in updating, maintaining, and hosting it on my site.  Even so, most of the updates have come from other community members that stepped in when I was unable to determine a fix (nearly always).

By far, the thanks should go to The Creator (who no longer wishes to be involved) for making it, and this awesome community for their support of HyperEdit.  I mostly just sweep the floors and make coffee. :cool:

Thanks for your kind message!

@Ezriilc is the most responsive non-coding mod author ever :V

Also, I want coffee. :P

Edited by etmoonshade

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.