Jump to content

[1.12] HyperEdit [v1.5.8, July 10, 2018] - Cheat, Teleporter, Orbit/Planet Editor, & More


Ezriilc
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just tried out the "go via the Tracking Station" work around and that works.

Weird though that I've been using Hypedit for years with all sort of vehicles, always going straight from the pad to the planet I want to test around, with no problems. Just been lucky so far I guess.

Thanks for the info @Ezriilc

Edited by purpleivan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
On 11/23/2019 at 9:21 AM, purpleivan said:

Regarding issues with Hyperedit in 1.8.1 I have something to report. I'm seeing a problem with decoupling after using Hyperedit to reach bodies other than Kerbin.

When decoupling a section of a vehicle on the launch pad, the behaviour is normal, as it is when I Hyperedit to Kerbin orbit. However if I use Hyperedit to reach the orbit of any other body, the decoupled part freezes in its orbital path (stationary above the planet surface). I've had this with both the Eve vehicle I first encountered the problem on, as well as a simple test vehicle (Mk1 capsule, fuel tank and a decoupler).

At first I thought this was an issue with the Beta version of Hyperedit that I was using, but the behaviour was the same when I used te 1.5.8 version. Just in case I ran the test again with all other mods removed and the problem with decouplers persisted. Additionally, just to make sure, I flew My Eve lander to the Mun for a quick test of decoupling it without Hyperediting, and the decouple worked properly, but if I Hyperedited that test vehicle (booster and all) to the Mun and decoupled, the problem occured.

Is there a more suitable version for use with 1.8.1?

BTW... this only seems to be a problem when in orbit. If I Hyperedit to for example Eve orbit, then use the Ship Lander to put it on a vertical decent path, then Drop the vehicle, decoupling works fine.

Best regards!
I am a recent user of the mod, and I find it excellent to simulate final stages of some mission, avoiding losing hair after hours of simulation.
I noticed the same problem mentioned, besides that there are problems with rendering the surface textures of the celestial object being orbited.
I guess, the problem is due to the "tele transport" that "salteuates or avoids" certain operations necessary to make everything look good.
That's why it's solved by means of the "Tracking Station"
I hope I've been helpful. 
It's an excellent mod!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Natokerbal said:

I can't download hyperedit, the website says 429 too many requests

You're EDIT: You may be clicking too fast and/or using a download manager.

Please disable any browser add-ons and try again.  Then let us know if that helped.

Edited by Ezriilc
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
Just now, nascarlaser1 said:

Is this still functional for 1.9? last update appears to be a beta for 1.8

I haven't tested it yet, but it might.  Could I get you to try it and report back here?  Thanks in advance!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Ezriilc said:

I haven't tested it yet, but it might.  Could I get you to try it and report back here?  Thanks in advance!

Yes sir! I may not test *every* feature,but I'll test atleast 2 (teleportation and the magic refilling ability). Would installing it off CKAN be ok or would you prefer me use the beta off the forums?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, nascarlaser1 said:

Yes sir! I may not test *every* feature,but I'll test atleast 2 (teleportation and the magic refilling ability). Would installing it off CKAN be ok or would you prefer me use the beta off the forums?

I would appreciate you testing the latest BETA, but the only authorized place to get any version is my site:  http://www.Kerbaltek.com/hyperedit

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Ezriilc said:

I would appreciate you testing the latest BETA, but the only authorized place to get any version is my site:  http://www.Kerbaltek.com/hyperedit

Ok!

13 minutes ago, Ezriilc said:

I would appreciate you testing the latest BETA, but the only authorized place to get any version is my site:  http://www.Kerbaltek.com/hyperedit

To avoid me screwing this up,I just drop the .dll into GameData right? (using KSP straight from the store,not steam if that matters). I unzipped the download file and thats all that was in the extraction

nvm figured it out :D

Edited by nascarlaser1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Ezriilc said:

I haven't tested it yet, but it might.  Could I get you to try it and report back here?  Thanks in advance!

I have tested nearly all the features!!

orbit editor
Simple and graphical work great! No clue how to use complex or rendevous,let alone how to test them

Planet editor
Everything above "Use atmospheric pressure curve" seems to work fine, but I'm not 100% sure what everything does. Everything below that setting I didn't go near,because its all a foreign language to me. Also i only edited Kerbin, so not sure if that affected testing at all

Ship lander
Works like a charm on Kerbin,Minimus,Mun, and Duna. 

Misc tools
Absolutely perfect! 

Other info:

Using KSP 1.9,not 1.9.1 due to internet issues not allowing me to update rn. All tests were done using Jeb Kerman and the Stock Vessel AeroEquus, in various states of movement or rest.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, nascarlaser1 said:

I have tested nearly all the features!!

orbit editor
Simple and graphical work great! No clue how to use complex or rendevous,let alone how to test them

Planet editor
Everything above "Use atmospheric pressure curve" seems to work fine, but I'm not 100% sure what everything does. Everything below that setting I didn't go near,because its all a foreign language to me. Also i only edited Kerbin, so not sure if that affected testing at all

Ship lander
Works like a charm on Kerbin,Minimus,Mun, and Duna. 

Misc tools
Absolutely perfect! 

Other info:

Using KSP 1.9,not 1.9.1 due to internet issues not allowing me to update rn. All tests were done using Jeb Kerman and the Stock Vessel AeroEquus, in various states of movement or rest.

Excellent work!  Thanks for your help.  I'll update this thread and the CKAN file.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Ezriilc said:

Excellent work!  Thanks for your help.  I'll update this thread and the CKAN file.

Yay! 
Also with your permission, either later or tomorrow I'll test out Graphotron as well :D. That and HyperEdit are some of fav mods for torturing D-class kerbals testing new designs!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, nascarlaser1 said:

Yay! 
Also with your permission, either later or tomorrow I'll test out Graphotron as well :D. That and HyperEdit are some of fav mods for torturing D-class kerbals testing new designs!

:D

You certainly don't need my permission to user and/or test Graphotron or HyperEdit.  :wink:

I look forward to your results.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, I'm not a fluent C# coder, but I do try to muddle my way through things as best I can, and now I'm stuck.  While trying to build HyperEdit for KSP v1.9, I get several errors including this one in Core.cs, on line 140.

Quote

The name 'Input' does not exist in the current context

I'm working in VS 2019 Community, and I've changed the Target Framework to .NET 4.5.

On the above error I've tried adding "using static GameEvents;", but each thing from there seems to change the error to something new, and I wonder if I'm even on the right track.

I expect that ultimately I'll need help with the other errors as well.  Could someone please take a look at the code and either tell me what to do or maybe even provide a pull request?  I'd be very grateful for any input.

Thanks in advance!

https://github.com/Ezriilc/HyperEdit

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Ezriilc said:

So, I'm not a fluent C# coder, but I do try to muddle my way through things as best I can, and now I'm stuck.  While trying to build HyperEdit for KSP v1.9, I get several errors including this one in Core.cs, on line 140.

I'm working in VS 2019 Community, and I've changed the Target Framework to .NET 4.5.

On the above error I've tried adding "using static GameEvents;", but each thing from there seems to change the error to something new, and I wonder if I'm even on the right track.

I expect that ultimately I'll need help with the other errors as well.  Could someone please take a look at the code and either tell me what to do or maybe even provide a pull request?  I'd be very grateful for any input.

Thanks in advance!

https://github.com/Ezriilc/HyperEdit

sounds like a job bested suited for: @linuxgurugamer!

you probably need to update you .csproj to reflect changes in 1.8+. the * will come in handy. :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, zer0Kerbal said:

sounds like a job bested suited for: @linuxgurugamer!

you probably need to update you .csproj to reflect changes in 1.8+. the * will come in handy. :D

Yes, LGG has been most helpful to me over the years.

Thanks for the input!  I think I have the .csproj file where it needs to be set up properly, but any specific details are certainly welcome.

Edited by Ezriilc
Not being acurate with my wording.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Ezriilc said:

Yes, LGG has been most helpful to me over the years.

Thanks for the input!  I think I have the .csproj file where it needs to be, but any specific details are certainly welcome.

its the contents of the .csproj

with the update to Unity several includes/references changed. Might be that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, zer0Kerbal said:

its the contents of the .csproj

with the update to Unity several includes/references changed. Might be that.

Yep, my bad.  I wasn't being very clear.  I too meant the contents.  I've studied it pretty well, I think, and it does what I want it to do.  Plus, VS makes changes to it automagically when the properties of the project are changed, and I've looked at it quite a lot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Willoizcitron said:

IN kerbaltek website idownloading too many request

It means you're downloading too many files too fast.  Please slow down, or try a different browser, and/or disable any browser extensions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I also have noticed some problems when teleporting in 1.9.1 using 1.5.8, like some crafts with robotic parts from the dlc having there parts mangled out of position and planets terrain not loading correctly. The new stock teleport feature doesn't have these issues, but it's a pain to use.

 

Will using the beta version fix any of these problems?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Space Nerd said:

I used 1.5.8 with ksp 1.9.1, but the game freezed whenever I landed in ocean (happened on Kerbin and Eve), and when I teleported my ship to Eve surface, the music still plays, should I use the beta version instead?

 

5 hours ago, The Space Man said:

I also have noticed some problems when teleporting in 1.9.1 using 1.5.8, like some crafts with robotic parts from the dlc having there parts mangled out of position and planets terrain not loading correctly. The new stock teleport feature doesn't have these issues, but it's a pain to use.

 

Will using the beta version fix any of these problems?

I honestly don't know, but I would give it a try.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...