[1.12] HyperEdit [v1.5.8, July 10, 2018] - Cheat, Teleporter, Orbit/Planet Editor, & More

Ezriilc

@Thatguywholikesionengines Here's what I've learned.

atmosphereMolarMass has to do with the  general density of the atmosphere.
atmosphereAdiabaticIndex has to do with the general thermal properties of the atmosphere.
Both of these properties are pretty complex and I suspect go beyond what you're trying to do.

That leaves us with atmosphereDepth and atmospherePressureSeaLevel, which I think could be manipulated to achieve what you want - which I admit I don't fully understand.

I would suggest making changes and then testing with a launch to see if it's doing what you want.  Trial and error is my favorite M.O. in KSP.  You can always put things back at any time.

Good luck and please let us know if you learn anything new to add here.  I will include everything in the next version of HyperEdit's help tooltips.

On 7/1/2016 at 1:43 PM, generalprower said:

I seem to be having a problem with HE, the Ship Lander function doesn't seem to work. It tells me how to fine-tune the landing coordinates, but past that, nothing. I thought it may have been a mod conflict, so I stripped down everything and ran the game vanilla save for Hyperedit, and still no dice. Perhaps it's a bug with the latest version?

I had this exact problem. I fixed it by deleting Hyperedit from GameData before re-installing. If you don't do that I guess it uses one of the older versions. If that doesn't fix it then I got nothing

2 minutes ago, Brownhair2 said:

I had this exact problem. I fixed it by deleting Hyperedit from GameData before re-installing. If you don't do that I guess it uses one of the older versions. If that doesn't fix it then I got nothing

It's been fixed.  This was the problem:

On 7/2/2016 at 9:56 AM, Iskierka said:

I can concur on the problem of the new version not working, but I may have found the reason. Because you keep changing the .dll name, old dlls remain in the game folder, and may be given precedence over newer versions. I found an old one from the 1.1.0 beta in my GameData, which I think was loading first. This is why other mods don't change their dll name, so it's automatically overwritten by new versions and these problems don't emerge.

On 7/2/2016 at 0:47 PM, Ezriilc said:

That helps.  This was the first (or second?) time I named the .dll anything other than just HyperEdit.dll, so I've put it back and re-uploaded.

My apologies to anyone having trouble because of this.  It's been fixed now, so you'll want to delete HyperEdit, then re-download and reinstall it (or rename your files manually).

:blush:

8 hours ago, Brownhair2 said:

I run most of my stuff through a mod loader, and turns out it was just having trouble finding my KSP directory.

HyperEdit-BETA-1 is ready for testing.

This BETA release is to test some new features.  Namely, I've added to the Lander a "Most Recent" auto-save for when you need to test and retest, and added altitude to all saved coordinates, just in case it matters.  There are a couple of minor bugs that haven't been addressed yet, but I hope to get to them soon.

http://www.Kerbaltek.com/hyperedit

As always, please report any issues, suggestions and comments to us, and we thank you in advance for helping.

This version has been coded by none other than yours truly (Ezriilc), a KSP modding rookie (still!).  So far, I've relied almost entirely on some brilliant and generous folks (thanks to @khyperia, and @linuxgurugamer and others) to maintain our mods, but now I'm doing the work myself - to learn the craft and better serve the KSP community.  If you have any input or interest, please feel free to contact me.

1 hour ago, Adam Kerman said:

just got the mod and I am not seeing the H Tab on the runway or launch pad and Alt H doesn't work either

Then it's installed wrong or the wrong version. Please provide more information so that someone can help you.

5 minutes ago, Ezriilc said:

Then it's installed wrong or the wrong version. Please provide more information so that someone can help you.

Well I got the mod and then copied the gamedata folder into gamedata and then I had hoped it would work which it didn't and I got it from the Kerbal tek website and 1.1.3 version 

46 minutes ago, Adam Kerman said:

Well I got the mod and then copied the gamedata folder into gamedata and then I had hoped it would work which it didn't and I got it from the Kerbal tek website and 1.1.3 version 

To clarify, Does the folder look like:

>Gamedata

>Kerbaltek

Or

>Gamedata

>Gamedata

Because it should be the first one.

Then it should work.  If the install is correct and it still doesn't work, then something else is wrong.

If you have other mods, try removing them all except HyperEdit, make sure it works, then add one back at a time to see which is conflicting.

And/or, you might want to try re-downloading both KSP 1.1.3, and "HyperEdit-1.5.2.1_for-KSP-1.1.3.zip" found here: http://www.Kerbaltek.com/hyperedit

2 hours ago, gerishnakov said:

Quick question; can this be used to recover a vessel in flight? Stage Recovery recently failed to recover one of my Mun probes as it was passing through Kerbin's atmosphere, leaving it to head straight back out into space.

Yes.  You could use HyperEdit to put the craft into orbit around Kerbin, and then land it at the KSC, where you can then recover it.

I also have a web-based tool called the Craft Extractor, which takes any .sfs save file, and will copy all your inflight ships into a zip file for download.
http://www.Kerbaltek.com/craftkitchen

Is there a way to remove the money and reputation penalty? I want to use this to be able to compensate for not being able to quicksave. I can't quicksave because a mod permanently disabled it somehow. Adjusting the quick save option in the options menu does nothing. 

EDIT: I've noticed that some things don't hurt my money or rep, while others, like using hyperedit to help land, do.

Edited by killbotvii

15 minutes ago, killbotvii said:

Is there a way to remove the money and reputation penalty? I want to use this to be able to compensate for not being able to quicksave. I can't quicksave because a mod permanently disabled it somehow. Adjusting the quick save option in the options menu does nothing. 

EDIT: I've noticed that some things don't hurt my money or rep, while others, like using hyperedit to help land, do.

what mod?

16 minutes ago, killbotvii said:

I never play career mode, so I wasn't even aware that HyperEdit costs funds.  I agree that it shouldn't since using it is pure cheating.  I'll add that to my list of ToDo.

As for your issue with quick saving, reinstalling KSP should fix that.

1 hour ago, Ezriilc said:

I never play career mode, so I wasn't even aware that HyperEdit costs funds.  I agree that it shouldn't since using it is pure cheating.  I'll add that to my list of ToDo.

As for your issue with quick saving, reinstalling KSP should fix that.

I would suggest making the funds an option

Just now, Ezriilc said:

I'd like to hear arguments both ways.

For those who are used to playing with the funds being used, it will maintain continuity.  For those who don't, it gives them an ability to disable it.

I can see people wanting to use it, rather than calling it a cheat, they may just be using it to speed up the game

Just now, linuxgurugamer said:

For those who are used to playing with the funds being used, it will maintain continuity.  For those who don't, it gives them an ability to disable it.

I can see people wanting to use it, rather than calling it a cheat, they may just be using it to speed up the game

Good points.  How much should be used for each action?

I don't recall any code in HyperEdit to take money, or is it something automatic that I need to counteract by re-adding them back?

Upon further checking, I still see nothing in my code with any relation to currency or reputation.  I can only suspect that KSP is somehow automatically deducting based on the results of using HyperEdit, such as SOI or orbit change, from landed to orbiting, etc..

It's doable, but I cannot say when I might get to it.  I'm still researching the API to see what my options are.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.