[1.12] HyperEdit [v1.5.8, July 10, 2018] - Cheat, Teleporter, Orbit/Planet Editor, & More

Ezriilc

Well if you tell me what you need I will see what I can do for you.

I need a visual design scheme, including concept, layout and colors. I can build to an example or description, and I can even make the graphic elements, but I just don't have the creative spark to invent the design.

Ok. I do have one request. It's kind of inconvenient having the altitude of the Orbit Editor's 'Simple' window when I put the same vehicle on the launchpad, reset on me.

Could it be possible to have an option to lock in your last settings?

Ok. I do have one request. It's kind of inconvenient having the altitude of the Orbit Editor's 'Simple' window when I put the same vehicle on the launchpad, reset on me.

Could it be possible to have an option to lock in your last settings?

Added to the list as "make all settings and fields persistent".

I need a visual design scheme, including concept, layout and colors. I can build to an example or description, and I can even make the graphic elements, but I just don't have the creative spark to invent the design.

Alright then. I'll see what I can do.

JewelShisen said:
Alright then. I'll see what I can do.

OK! I look forward to your ideas.

Maybe we'll have a design contest and offer something cool as a prize.

I do have a fallback idea (a site to mimic), but I was hoping for user input so I don't have to go there.

Please contact us from our site on this subject so this thread isn't blown out too much.

Edited by Ezriilc
Fixed URL

I was wondering could you make a second version of the mod that uses the old hyperedit GUI?

Actually, I don't see why we can't make it an option to change the GUI to either of them, or even more layouts, and/or a custom layout configurator, like MechJeb has.

Added to the list.

would it be possible to add a option for instant docking? you would lets say select two ports and hit the button and they would dock to each other instantly?

would be usefull when you have 1000+part station.

would it be possible to add a option for instant docking? you would lets say select two ports and hit the button and they would dock to each other instantly?

Oh god, I'd love that. It would make building Space Stations easy.

Also, this is a "bug", but I think it's more "Ok, I'm definitely not doing that again!".

Say you're on the Mun with your manned rover (the rover uses a seat), and you flip your rover over and have nothing to un-flip it.

If you go and "Land" your rover while the Kerbal is still in his seat, and get the rover on its wheels again, the Kerbal will be "glued" in the seat, and the seat will not be selectable anymore. Your Kerbal pretty much dances in his seat, as the rover moves.

Again, not sure if this is a bug. It's more of a "don't do what I did" thing. If it's a bug, it would be great to see it fixed in a future version.

By the way, love this mod. Now if only it would build a professionally-done rocket for me that never has a problem, and I can legitimately fly it.

*scratches head*

New to HyperEdit but thought it'd be useful to put up large stations. I dropped it into GameData but....nothing. I can't see any parts in the mod that I need to add, so can someone explain what it is I'm doing wrong?

The only thing that hyperedit is is a plugin, so drop it in the legacy plugins directory. Or youcould do as I've done and make a folder in gamedata for extraneous plugins that don't fit in with their respective mods or mods that only add plugins.

You can use it already for space stations, just not for docking. Just build whole station in SPH or VBA and then press launch and before physic kicks in, just press SET in edit orbit and boom you have whole station on stable orbit.

That sounds mathematically difficult, but I love a challenge, so it's on the list.

Also, this is a "bug", but I think it's more "Ok, I'm definitely not doing that again!".

Say you're on the Mun with your manned rover (the rover uses a seat), and you flip your rover over and have nothing to un-flip it.

If you go and "Land" your rover while the Kerbal is still in his seat, and get the rover on its wheels again, the Kerbal will be "glued" in the seat, and the seat will not be selectable anymore. Your Kerbal pretty much dances in his seat, as the rover moves.

Again, not sure if this is a bug. It's more of a "don't do what I did" thing. If it's a bug, it would be great to see it fixed in a future version.

By the way, love this mod. Now if only it would build a professionally-done rocket for me that never has a problem, and I can legitimately fly it.

I am familiar with that bug, and I've added it to the list. I think the Kerbal that's in the seat just gets abandoned by the simulation somehow.

Where is the license, and more importantly the original license?

The license is GPL, and I need to add a copy of that to the package. I believe the ReadMe.txt does say that. EDIT: It doesn't - I fixy.

What do you mean by "original" license?

Edited by Ezriilc

*scratches head*

New to HyperEdit but thought it'd be useful to put up large stations. I dropped it into GameData but....nothing. I can't see any parts in the mod that I need to add, so can someone explain what it is I'm doing wrong?

I've updated the package to include the new folder structure, so just unzip the .zip file into your KSP game folder - the one with KSP.exe in it.

I just noticed that the ReadMe.txt didn't make it into the final package. I'll fix that right away.

Original license = The one that was on the original hyperedit. AKA before this one came up.

Why do you care? This is the only official HyperEdit plugin for KSP, so why would a license from its past matter?

EDIT: That was rude, and I'm sorry. :blush:

The license is GPL, and I've added that to the readme ("HyperEdit_ReadMe.txt") along with basic unzipping instructions, added the readme to the .zip file, and uploaded the new .zip to the SpacePort and our site.

Sorry for any confusion this may have caused.

Edited by Ezriilc

I can't see any parts in the mod that I need to add, so can someone explain what it is I'm doing wrong?

No parts added -> Expected, HyperEdit is a non-part plugin. What you have to do is ALT+H in the flight scene, ??? and then profit !

If anyone experienced with HyperEdit would like to punch up a FAQ, I'd be very grateful. I'm working on our website at the moment, and the FAQ is on my todo list, but there are folks here that are more familiar with it than I.

I'll start it here, then each of us can add whatever we think of to it.

Q: How do I install HyperEdit?

A: Just unzip the file into your KSP game folder, alongside KSP.exe and outside of Plugins and GameData. There is no part associated with HyperEdit.

Q: How do I operate HyperEdit?

A: Press ALT + h while the game is running.

Q: Who owns and maintains HyperEdit?

A: Kerbaltek Aerospace is the proud new owner and copyright holder of HyperEdit. Please direct all communications to us at http://www.KerbaltekAerospace.com.

Q: What license is HyperEdit release under?

A: HyperEdit is covered by the GPL, and a copy of it is inside the .zip archive.

how do I use this with WinRAR? I would get winzip but I'm getting some sort of error whenever I try to install it ("not enough space on C: drive", actually 334gb free)

how do I use this with WinRAR? I would get winzip but I'm getting some sort of error whenever I try to install it ("not enough space on C: drive", actually 334gb free)

Questions about WinRAR should be directed to them.

The .zip file provided is no different than most. Just follow the directions for whichever software you use to handle .zip files, or use the Windows explorer to copy the contents into your KSP game folder.

But I recommend 7-zip instead. Free is always better, and 7-zip is better for other reasons too.

But I recommend 7-zip instead. Free is always better, and 7-zip is better for other reasons too.

ohhh okay, it's 7-zip I was supposed to be using. See, I knew it was "something-zip", but I totally forgot what it was actually called. Many thanks

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.