[1.12] HyperEdit [v1.5.8, July 10, 2018] - Cheat, Teleporter, Orbit/Planet Editor, & More

Ezriilc

Downloader: 403 Forbidden! Sorry, no direct access.

Can't Download HyperEdit, it's on my 2nd device too, I'm from India.

Used a 3G and now 4G mobile device will try the PC, If got, A ton of thanks , If not a request for backup or Temporary Link for many others too.

1 hour ago, PrathamK said:

Downloader: 403 Forbidden! Sorry, no direct access.

Can't Download HyperEdit, it's on my 2nd device too, I'm from India.

Used a 3G and now 4G mobile device will try the PC, If got, A ton of thanks , If not a request for backup or Temporary Link for many others too.

If you continue to have trouble, please contact me directly from my site.  http://www.Kerbaltek.com/contact

By The Way, why would you download to a mobile device, does KSP run on them?

On 25/10/2017 at 9:16 PM, Ezriilc said:

If you continue to have trouble, please contact me directly from my site.  http://www.Kerbaltek.com/contact

By The Way, why would you download to a mobile device, does KSP run on them?

Well very Thanks, for your Help, I will in a few days (have some legal works)

No, KSP is just on PC, but Why to waste Data Threatening To PC while I can Download it on less data usage in Mobile and then Transfer it, Internet on PC can let Virus get in.

I can confirm that the coordinate system is messed up somehow.

Just a simple pod on the launchpad, click 'Current" and it sets the coordinates to Lat -0.0972077436785764  Lon -74.5576771458921.  Click the Land button and you are teleported far to the West onto the other continent.  The actual coordinates are Lat -0.0972 Lon -0.9805 so it looks like the Latitude is okay but the Longitude is messed up somehow.  Maybe 1.3.1 changed how the coordinates are determined?

As for ships exploding when teleporting, always ALWAYS set your initial altitude to 10000 or something very high because if you teleport under the terrain layer you will explode.  Always start high and work your way down once you know you are in the right location.

EDIT:  I'll also add that ScanSAT shows the coordinates of KSC as Lat -0.09  Lon -74.56 so I'm not sure if that helps.  Punching those coords into Hyperedit most certainly doesn't get you to KSC...

Edited by ThirdHorseman

2 minutes ago, ThirdHorseman said:

Maybe 1.3.1 changed how the coordinates are determined?

I'm 99% sure this is the problem.

2 minutes ago, ThirdHorseman said:

As for ships exploding when teleporting, always ALWAYS set your initial altitude to 10000 or something very high because if you teleport under the terrain layer you will explode.  Always start high and work your way down once you know you are in the right location.

I've never had this problem.  The lander almost always works as expected with "normal" altitude settings.

Thanks for your input!  Every bit helps.

3 hours ago, Ezriilc said:

I'm 99% sure this is the problem.

Thanks for your input!  Every bit helps.

It looks like it's even worse.  It isn't even a straight conversion because the location shifts constantly.

I launch a pod, click Current and the display on the Hyperedit Ship Lander shows Lat -0.0972077954019497 Lon -74.5576764832357.  I set the altitude to 2000 and click Land. Actual coords of where I end up, as determined by using the readout on a Surface Scanning Module is Lat 0.097S Lon 49.115E.

I revert to Launch, click Current (display shows Lat -0.0972077780393612 Lon -74.5576764451128), set the altitude to 2000 and click Land.  The actual coords are now Lat 0.097S Lon 51.524E.

I revert to launch again and fast-forward time 2 days.  Click Current and the display shows Lat -0.0972077788185693 Lon -74.5576764536629.  Set the altitude, click Land and now my coords according to the Surface Scanning Module readout are Lat 0.097S Lon 52.486E.

The latitude seems constant but the longitude shifts as time passes, or during each revert, or something.  There isn't a nice conversion rate to easily calculate the longitude where you will actually end up based on what appears in the Hyperedit field.

Hope that helps you find where to look in the code...

3 hours ago, Ezriilc said:

I've never had this problem.  The lander almost always works as expected with "normal" altitude settings.

This is pretty easy to replicate.  Just used the lander to put your ship in the mountains, or anyplace where the altitude of the terrain above sea level is high like 4000m, and set the altitude to 3000 or something.  You will appear below the terrain and explode.  If the ship lander teleports you somewhere and you have the altitude set below what the terrain altitude is at those coords you will always explode.  The alt field, at least for me, is not the altitude I appear above the terrain...it is the actual altitude above sea level I will appear at.

2kwv3Pj.png

NP0Y0xY.png

4 hours ago, Ezriilc said:

Not trying to come across badly, but usually there is always a problem with the lander.

As I said, it's worth landing the ship after forcing the game to load the planet's scaled and PQS. Can be easily done by automatically setting the ship's altitude to (scaledVersion fadeEnd - 100), then quickly teleporting the ship to the correct altitude above the terrain.

As I said before, the problem when the ship lands under the terrain is because as far as the game is concerned, no PQS is loaded for that planet and so it remains a perfect sphere. 

(With the above pictures, this isn't the case. But it will help iron out landing on other planets)

Edited by Gameslinx

2 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

Not trying to come across badly, but usually there is always a problem with the lander.

Absolutely true.  You don't come across badly - I appreciate your candor.  The lander has always been jenky, and I'm sure my own experience doesn't include all possibilities.

As for the rest, I just can't translate it into C# code.  Is there any chance I could get you to comment on this issue in our repo?  https://github.com/Ezriilc/HyperEdit/issues/29  Any description you may offer is fine.

Or, I/you could create a new issue with your input in it.

Thanks again!  :)

1 minute ago, Ezriilc said:

Absolutely true.  You don't come across badly - I appreciate your candor.  The lander has always been jenky, and I'm sure my own experience doesn't include all possibilities.

As for the rest, I just can't translate it into C# code.  Is there any chance I could get you to comment on this issue in our repo?  https://github.com/Ezriilc/HyperEdit/issues/29  Any description you may offer is fine.

Or, I/you could create a new issue with your input in it.

Thanks again!  :)

Hey, haven't seen you 'round recently... :D

I don't know if this is the appropriate thread to post my problem, but the problem arose while using Hyper Edit. I sent up a 3 communication satellites in a geo sync orbit of Kerbin. While I was flipping back and forth between comm sats, perfecting the positions with Hyper Edit, I noticed that the part models of 2 of those 3 satellites had warped and got distorted. I have tried restarting KSP and that didn't help. One of the 3 satellites is unaffected. My other satellites around the Mun and Kerbin are also unaffected. Here is a link to my Output_Log:

https://1drv.ms/t/s!AvUWxjgM4SuQhc5xdR3DYGahlxF00A

The things sticking out of the satellites in the pictures are the tiny little ENGINES!! LOL

67lI4FS.png

v4LtRZy.png

Just now, Voodoo8648 said:

I don't know if this is the appropriate thread to post my problem, but the problem arose while using Hyper Edit. I sent up a 3 communication satellites in a geo sync orbit of Kerbin. While I was flipping back and forth between comm sats, perfecting the positions with Hyper Edit, I noticed that the part models of 2 of those 3 satellites had warped and got distorted. I have tried restarting KSP and that didn't help. One of the 3 satellites is unaffected. My other satellites around the Mun and Kerbin are also unaffected. Here is a link to my Output_Log:

The things sticking out of the satellites in the pictures are the tiny little ENGINES!! LOL

67lI4FS.png

v4LtRZy.png

Kraken? :/

2 minutes ago, Voodoo8648 said:

Yes, this is the right place.  However, I'm afraid I can't give you anything solid, and I cannot be sure HyperEdit didn't cause this.  It may have, and/or it may not have.  I'm sorry that I'm not much help.  Perhaps someone else here has more insight.

Generally, I would advise that you try it again, if that's an option.  :/

Just now, Ezriilc said:

Yes, this is the right place.  However, I'm afraid I can't give you anything solid, and I cannot be sure HyperEdit didn't cause this.  It may have, and/or it may not have.  I'm sorry that I'm not much help.  Perhaps someone else here has more insight.

Generally, I would advise that you try it again, if that's an option.  :/

yea, I can terminate them and just throw them back up with...... hyper edit, was just concerned it might be a regular problem in the future... I'm pretty early on in a new career.

2 minutes ago, Voodoo8648 said:

yea, I can terminate them and just throw them back up with...... hyper edit, was just concerned it might be a regular problem in the future... I'm pretty early on in a new career.

There is a new issue with the release of KSP 1.3.1, so you may wish to read back a page or so in this thread to see if it applies to you.  And as always, save often, and with unique names.  :wink:

12 minutes ago, Ezriilc said:

There is a new issue with the release of KSP 1.3.1, so you may wish to read back a page or so in this thread to see if it applies to you.  And as always, save often, and with unique names.  :wink:

Thanks, I was reading on page 65 where people are having exploding issues when landing... My problem is that the part's 3d models are distorted. I am also using KSP 1.3.0

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/31/2017 at 9:19 PM, Voodoo8648 said:

Thanks, I was reading on page 65 where people are having exploding issues when landing... My problem is that the part's 3d models are distorted. I am also using KSP 1.3.0

i ahve that issue. with exploding

4 hours ago, Commissar said:

i ahve that issue. with exploding

Yeah I tried to restored my satellites.....with hyper edit.. And I couldn't Successfully place all my satellites at the same altitude cuz they would crash into each other..  even after I changed the position of the longitude of the ascending node. :(

53 minutes ago, Voodoo8648 said:

Yeah I tried to restored my satellites.....with hyper edit.. And I couldn't Successfully place all my satellites at the same altitude cuz they would crash into each other..  even after I changed the position of the longitude of the ascending node. :(

Why don't you edit save file directly then?

3 hours ago, Voodoo8648 said:

I guess I could.... I just can't go back to the loading screen without it breaking the clouds and it takes about 20 minutes to restart KSP with all the mod I have installed

Quicksave - back it up - edit SMA, ECC and INC of a vessel - quickload

19 hours ago, Antelyon said:

I have an issue with Hyperedit - The button on the side has disappeared, even though the usual "Lander" menu always pops up! What can i do to fix this?

Welcome to the KSP forum!  :D

There is a checkbox to turn the "H" button on/off in the main view, and there is an "Auto Open" checkbox at the top of the Lander view.  The "Auto Open" option currently defaults to the ON setting, but that has been fixed for the next release.

@Geschosskopf started two threads reporting another symptom of using Hyperedit to go directly to orbit around another body.

Launch a vessel comprising a Pod, Decoupler, and Tank.
Using Hyperedit's Orbit Editor to go directly to Mun orbit at 100km above the surface, then decoupling, zeros the orbital velocity of the Tank.  A quicksave at that point writes a quicksave.sfs showing the Tank as "landed=true".  

Workarounds:
1) Use Hyperedit's Orbit Editor to go into Kerbin Orbit, then use Orbit Editor again to go to the desired orbit.
(Quicksave at this point shows no obvious clues to what went differently, but the workaround results in  "rTrf = mk1pod (Untitled Space Craft)" in quicksave.sfs while the quicksave after going directly to orbit around the other body has  "rTrf = mk1pod" )

2) Use the built-in Alt-F12 Set Orbit
(quicksave.sfs after Set Orbit has the longer   "rTrf = mk1pod (Untitled Space Craft)"  and has an empty "displaylandedAt = "  where the quicksaves after HyperEdit show "displaylandedAt = #autoLOC_6002112" with the autoLOC symbol is the dictionary entry for "Launch Pad"

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.