[1.12] HyperEdit [v1.5.8, July 10, 2018] - Cheat, Teleporter, Orbit/Planet Editor, & More

Ezriilc

For having mirror(s) available if one location is down due to network troubles, naturally.

Edit: After clicking refresh several times and trying the link again and again, it suddenly decided to work! I do wonder what the issue was, perhaps http referer...

Edited by Supercheese

1 minute ago, Supercheese said:

For having mirror(s) available if one location is down due to network troubles, naturally.

I'm sorry if you're having trouble, and I promise to do my best to fix it.  :)

The error you've reported is not caused by network issues, and my hosting provider hasn't suffered any significant outage since I started the Kerbaltek site in 2013.

If you continue to have problems, please contact me directly, so I can help.  You can PM me here, on my site, and in IRC via EsperNet (#KSPofficial & #KSPmodding) and FreeNode.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been doing some messing around with HyperEdit v1.5.8, and the new Making History expansion with KSP 1.4.4, and the results are... not ideal.  In fact, the Lander seems to be totally borked.  It doesn't move the ship, and just makes view shake and confuses me.

I will do more testing soon, and I would appreciate any input from everyone here.  Thanks in advance!

12 hours ago, Ezriilc said:

I've been doing some messing around with HyperEdit v1.5.8, and the new Making History expansion with KSP 1.4.4, and the results are... not ideal.  In fact, the Lander seems to be totally borked.  It doesn't move the ship, and just makes view shake and confuses me.

I will do more testing soon, and I would appreciate any input from everyone here.  Thanks in advance!

On further study, it appears the problem I had was with auto-strut and/or rigid attachment on the bottom set of engines (KE-1 Mastadon) touching the pad.

So far, I'm not using any launch clamps, but I will do more testing to determine if using clamps fixes it.

EDIT:  I've learned that using clamps to keep the ship well off the pad seems to avoid the problem.  I believe that auto-strut and rigid attachment were somehow attaching the ship to the pad.

I'm very relieved about this, as I thought it was something with the Making History expansion.

Edited by Ezriilc

EDIT:  I've learned that using clamps to keep the ship well off the pad seems to avoid the problem.  I believe that auto-strut and rigid attachment were somehow attaching the ship to the pad.

I'm very relieved about this, as I thought it was something with the Making History expansion.

Edited by Ezriilc

Hello!

I've encountered a bug: When I've been playing for a while (3 Hours) with Hyperedit installed I can't access the menu for it. I have tried going to the main menu and back but it still wont work

Please help!

(I've re launched my craft several times and it still doesn't work)

5 hours ago, Hoff said:

Hello!

I've encountered a bug: When I've been playing for a while (3 Hours) with Hyperedit installed I can't access the menu for it. I have tried going to the main menu and back but it still wont work

Please help!

(I've re launched my craft several times and it still doesn't work)

Firstly, welcome to the forums!

I'm sorry you're having trouble, and I'm here to help.  Also, you may find this thread useful: 

We've not had any other reports like yours, and all my tests work fine.  To figure this out, I'll need more information.  Please try all these things and let me know if anything fixes it.

• Which version of KSP are you using?  Which version of HyperEdit?  Where did you get each?
  • Try holding the ALT key while pressing H.
  • Try running KSP with only HyperEdit installed and no other mods.
  • Try looking in the log files for references to HyperEdit.

I hope this helps, but if not, then please contact me again - here or on my site.

41 minutes ago, Hoff said:

Thanks,

Thats sorted the problem!

I've also landed my first Eve mission thanks to Hyperedit!  :D

That's great, and congrats!  Even though using HyperEdit is the epitome of ... ahem... cheating;)

I wonder, though, what actually fixed your issue?  If you can describe it here, it may help someone else down the line.

Regardless, thanks for coming back here to follow up with us!  Feel free to let us know about any other adventures you have.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi, have people been using this successfully in 1.4.5?

The Lander - Land at specify Lat/Lon does nothing. I'm new to this mod so I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong. Is there anything special to know when using that feature besides entering Lat/Lon in decimal degreess and pushing LAND?

1 minute ago, Nightside said:

Hi, have people been using this successfully in 1.4.5?

The Lander - Land at specify Lat/Lon does nothing. I'm new to this mod so I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong. Is there anything special to know when using that feature besides entering Lat/Lon in decimal degreess and pushing LAND?

Yes, I believe so.  I will do a test and then post back here and update the note on my site.

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Klapaucius said:

Just as an FYI.  If I have Hyperedit installed, the relay tower in the mountains above Woomerang vanishes from the game.  I'm curious if this has happened to others?

I've not heard anyone report this issue yet, and I cannot imagine how that could be related to HyperEdit, as it doesn't make any changes whatsoever to the terrain or buildings.  That doesn't mean it's not happening, just that I can't see how.

I recommend that you try a fresh install of KSP and HyperEdit, without any other mods.  If you still have the same problem, I'd be happy to do some more testing, so please let us know what you find out.

:D

53 minutes ago, Ezriilc said:

I've not heard anyone report this issue yet, and I cannot imagine how that could be related to HyperEdit, as it doesn't make any changes whatsoever to the terrain or buildings.  That doesn't mean it's not happening, just that I can't see how.

I recommend that you try a fresh install of KSP and HyperEdit, without any other mods.  If you still have the same problem, I'd be happy to do some more testing, so please let us know what you find out.

:D

Typical :confused: , I now cannot reproduce it, but this happened to me before, and I removed a whole bunch of stuff (I'd also been having problems with Module Manager).  At any rate, it happened again the other day, so I uninstalled Hyperedit (which I had reinstalled solely for a rover challenge.)  Again, no radar dish, and uninstalling it fixed the issue. But now today, the dish seems to be appearing as normal. Weird.

30 minutes ago, Klapaucius said:

Typical :confused: , I now cannot reproduce it, but this happened to me before, and I removed a whole bunch of stuff (I'd also been having problems with Module Manager).  At any rate, it happened again the other day, so I uninstalled Hyperedit (which I had reinstalled solely for a rover challenge.)  Again, no radar dish, and uninstalling it fixed the issue. But now today, the dish seems to be appearing as normal. Weird.

Thanks for the follow-up.  I feel your pain, but I'm glad it's working again.  :blink:

By all means, if you learn anything new, feel free to contact us again here, or on my site.

Good luck!  :unsure:

On 8/25/2018 at 2:33 PM, Nightside said:

[snip]

@Nightside, I just realized that I failed to answer your other question.  :blush:  I'm sorry for that, I must have been moving too fast that day.  Please know that I don't intend to ignore you.

It sounds like you're doing things properly, but if the Lander does nothing, then something is up, as it does work for me and other testers.  I would need to know some more specific information about your setup and what steps you've taken.

It's probably too late now, but if you still need help and/or have any questions, please let me know.  I'm happy to help.

I have the same problem as @Nightside

Whenever I set landing location to "current" and then land it lands at the desired spot. When I then try to fine tune either by manually entering longitude/latitude or by using i,j,k,l it kind of hovers the vessel eastwards but then pops back in the same spot and never moved.

These are my other mods.

wsUJmDw.jpg

Maybe one of them doesn't work together well. I'm going to test but perhaps anyone facing the same issue has any of the other mods installed as that may be the problem.

This does annoy me enormously but I'm sure @Ezriilc does his best to have it working for everyone. I do hope this gets nailed down and eventually fleshed out.

Edited by Aeroboi

4 hours ago, Aeroboi said:

I have the same problem as @Nightside

Whenever I set landing location to "current" and then land it lands at the desired spot. When I then try to fine tune either by manually entering longitude/latitude or by using i,j,k,l it kind of hovers the vessel eastwards but then pops back in the same spot and never moved.

These are my other mods.

wsUJmDw.jpg

Maybe one of them doesn't work together well. I'm going to test but perhaps anyone facing the same issue has any of the other mods installed as that may be the problem.

This does annoy me enormously but I'm sure @Ezriilc does his best to have it working for everyone. I do hope this gets nailed down and eventually fleshed out.

Please try it without any other mods.  You may need to install one mod at a time to determine which if any is the problem.

Good luck and please let us know if you learn anything new.

@Ezriilc It is none of the mods.

I copied a fresh install of KSP 1.4.5.2243 (64bit) on Windows and also removed Making history just be sure to rule out it's conflicting also.
I also downloaded Hyperedit again and the problem has remained.

Whenever I set a current landing location which is then valid I save that location but that location becomes invalid when I want to load it.

I tried to save a location on Eve with a latitude close to 0 or somewhere in between -2 and +2.
When I load that saved location the latitude box is red and shows a invalid number of 359.999xxx and it refuses to load that location obviously. No matter where I save my landing location it always changes latitude to 359.999xxx when trying to load it.
I tried this on Kerbin and Eve. AFAIK this problem is everywhere.
When I try to change that latitude close to 0 I can use I,J,K,L but the ship animation behaves erratically and the movement is very slow. Manually editing Longitude doesn't work then, only manually changing latitude works in that circumstance. But that only works after changing latitude from 359.999xxx back to a valid number.

Also, when I load a saved landing spot and the latitude changes to 359.999xxx I find 2 scenarios. I'm not sure what triggers either of them in that case. One of them is that I,J,K,L don't work at all. The other case is that all I,J,K,L commands work but the ship only goes eastwards regardless of any of the 4 key presses used.

This is what ship lander looks like after I load a landing spot that was formerly valid to land at.

cFPc2Z3.jpg

When pressing I,J,K,L thereafter this happens.

mUrIskc.png

When changing Lat to a valid number I can only edit lat but not lon and every landing location I try to save reloads with the invalid lat number.

@Aeroboi, thank you for the excellent report and details.    It does appear you're on to an issue that we've had in the past, but that I thought was at least partly fixed.  https://github.com/Ezriilc/HyperEdit/issues/44  I have updated that issue with regard to the fact that the problem still exists.

I realize this doesn't help you at all, and I'm sorry for that.  I'm not an expert with KSP modding, so I don't know if I can actually fix it, but perhaps we can figure out a way around it.  Also, someone seeing this may be able to help with the programming.  I have been saved by this community many times so far.  :wink:

I plan to do some more testing of the specifics, and I will report back here in the next day or two.  Please feel free to add any more input you may have at any time, here and/or in the GitHub issue.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.