[1.12] HyperEdit [v1.5.8, July 10, 2018] - Cheat, Teleporter, Orbit/Planet Editor, & More

Ezriilc

@Aeroboi, this is what I've found while testing my Windows 10 rig with 64-bit KSP 1.4.5, including the Making History expansion, and HyperEdit 1.5.8, in sandbox mode.

EDIT:  Oops!  I had the issue numbers backwards, so I corrected them here and in the repo.

18 hours ago, Aeroboi said:

Whenever I set a current landing location which is then valid I save that location but that location becomes invalid when I want to load it. 
[more details above snipped]

I've confirmed this and commented created the issue on GitHub, with some detail.  Please let me know if I'm off the mark (so to speak :cool:), or if I've left anything out.  https://github.com/Ezriilc/HyperEdit/issues/62

As for the "moving only East" problem with IJKL, I think that may be due to using the Lander to land on a different body.  The user should orbit the body first with the Orbit Editor, then land on the body with the Lander.  I noticed your screenie of the Lander has the warning:  "Landing on a different body is not recommended.", which indicates this condition.  This may be the work-around for the East-only problem.  I've created commented the other issue for this.  https://github.com/Ezriilc/HyperEdit/issues/44  Please also take a look at that and tell me if it feels right.

I look forward to any and all input on this issue from anyone and everyone.  Especially any code geniuses such as @Thunderous Echo, @linuxgurugamer, and @fronbow.  But seriously, all input is welcome, from suggestions to pull requests.

I hope this helps!  :unsure:

Edited by Ezriilc
Corrected the issue numbers.

@Ezriilc Reading both issues at a quick glance they both seem identical to what I'm getting. I'm not at home now but if I haven't edited this post 6 hours from now I confirm. Furthermore, I may have been to quick in one of the test where I forgot to orbit the body first. I do know about this being a recommendation. But I also know I did orbit the body first during a few tests yesterday. It may explain why the eastward behavior happens only 'sometimes' as I already pointed out.

The other times the movement was very slow while the ship animation behaved erratically. Maybe there's nothing really serious with that going on after all. This I probably should test to be sure when I get home.

2 hours ago, Sup3rn0va said:

So ut works putting one ship in orbit, but i revert flight the game crash, and if i resume to the buildings i cant access t h e buildings, anyone know why this happens? Active mods with this: x science, tweak scale, engineer redux

Welcome to the forum!

There is no way to tell what's happening without complete details of what you're doing and how.

First, remove all mods except HyperEdit and try it again.  If you still have the same problem, please provide more information.

What versions of everything you are using?  Tell us exactly, step-by-step what you're doing and in what order.  Include anything necessary for anyone else to reproduce the problem.

• 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, BlueVapor1234 said:

Can you please update to KSP 1.5? BTW I love the mod!:kiss:

I've actually been meaning to post about a report I got saying that HyperEdit 1.5.8 (latest as of this post) works (at least partly) with KSP 1.5.

So, my question is did you try it?

Just now, BlueVapor1234 said:

No, I deleted all my mods after my KSP said the Mods weren't compatable.

Sorry, I'm not fully understanding.  Are you saying that KSP v1.5 reports that HyperEdit v1.5.8 is not compatible?

40 minutes ago, BlueVapor1234 said:

No, I deleted all my mods after my KSP said the Mods weren't compatable.

Quite often, mods *are* perfectly compatible with a new version of KSP, but simply give a warning to let you know they've not been officially updated to the new version. This version change has been pretty easy on a lot of mods.

I have a few tests to run within the Jool system and want to stay as close as possible to a real transfer regarding speed, angles, etc. so my idea is to perform the transfer once to get the orbital parameters and the UT and use these values in HyperEdit for different variations of the vessel.

Can I use HyperEdit for this or does it require an elliptical/circular orbit to work?

3 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

I have a few tests to run within the Jool system and want to stay as close as possible to a real transfer regarding speed, angles, etc. so my idea is to perform the transfer once to get the orbital parameters and the UT and use these values in HyperEdit for different variations of the vessel.

Can I use HyperEdit for this or does it require an elliptical/circular orbit to work?

To be honest, I just don't know.  I don't actually use that feature of HyperEdit, and I'm no expert in that area.  I've inherited the mod from The Creator, and I didn't write that part of it.

Sorry I'm of no help.  :blush:  Hopefully, some of the real experts will chime in here and help - they usually do.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Ezriilc, I wanted to provide you with some more information regarding a bug I ran into a few months back that I was unable to provide any useful information about when it would or would not work.

I finally figured out the pattern, (quite obvious in retrospect) it seems that Hyperedit does not work to land a vessel at a specified Lat/Lon on Earth in RSS, but works fine for me on Kerbin.

Is anyone else noticing this issue with planet packs that have a different planet? I recollect that there may have been a change in the way Kopernicus changes the name of home planet sometime in the last few versions. I guess that this could have an affect on Hyperedit's ability to target the planet. 

Please let me know if I can provide more useful info for you. Thank you!

Edited by Nightside

2 hours ago, Nightside said:

Hi @Ezriilc, I wanted to provide you with some more information regarding a bug I ran into a few months back that I was unable to provide any useful information about when it would or would not work.

I finally figured out the pattern, (quite obvious in retrospect) it seems that Hyperedit does not work to land a vessel at a specified Lat/Lon on Earth in RSS, but works fine for me on Kerbin.

Is anyone else noticing this issue with planet packs that have a different planet? I recollect that there may have been a change in the way Kopernicus changes the name of home planet sometime in the last few versions. I guess that this could have an affect on Hyperedit's ability to target the planet. 

Please let me know if I can provide more useful info for you. Thank you!

I'm sorry, but I don't know what to make of that.  :blush:  I'd need someone with more KSP API experience than I have, and possibly with experience on RSS and other planet packs.  Hopefully someone here will have more insight.

1 hour ago, Ezriilc said:

I'm sorry, but I don't know what to make of that.  :blush:  I'd need someone with more KSP API experience than I have, and possibly with experience on RSS and other planet packs.  Hopefully someone here will have more insight.

Thanks for the response. I'll poke around the forums.

Just dropping by to say that this tool has been very, very useful in play-testing Making History missions! Since cheats are disabled in mission testing, it is great to have a tool that allows me to teleport my vessels to their destination and refill resources at will. It takes a lot of the tedium and frustration out of the testing process.

3 hours ago, THEdragon said:

Just dropping by to say that this tool has been very, very useful in play-testing Making History missions! Since cheats are disabled in mission testing, it is great to have a tool that allows me to teleport my vessels to their destination and refill resources at will. It takes a lot of the tedium and frustration out of the testing process.

I'm glad you find it useful!  ;)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.