[1.12] HyperEdit [v1.5.8, July 10, 2018] - Cheat, Teleporter, Orbit/Planet Editor, & More

Ezriilc

10 hours ago, OHara said:

2) Use the built-in Alt-F12 Set Orbit
(quicksave.sfs after Set Orbit has the longer   "rTrf = mk1pod (Untitled Space Craft)"  and has an empty "displaylandedAt = "  where the quicksaves after HyperEdit show "displaylandedAt = #autoLOC_6002112" with the autoLOC symbol is the dictionary entry for "Launch Pad"

Thanks for looking into this.  Also for making me aware the game now has this feature built-in :) 

22 hours ago, Kerbital said:

Yup. To confirm. Any landing puts my vessel under the surface of the body and results immediate explosion.

Yes, this is a known issue that can be found here:  https://github.com/Ezriilc/HyperEdit/issues/29

Everyone, I'm sorry that this hasn't been fixed yet.  :blush:  I still don't know enough to really do anything useful, except try to manage information and recruit help from others.  I appreciate any and all input on this, and I'm sure we will eventually get it sorted.

1 minute ago, Ezriilc said:

Yes, this is a known issue that can be found here:  https://github.com/Ezriilc/HyperEdit/issues/29

Everyone, I'm sorry that this hasn't been fixed yet.  :blush:  I still don't know enough to really do anything useful, except try to manage information and recruit help from others.  I appreciate any and all input on this, and I'm sure we will eventually get it sorted.

No worries. You do what you can and it's appreciated.

What someone mentioned before, this may have something to do with the way 1.3.1. handles coordinates. I noticed that even with the same coordinates, the ship spawns over different spots each time, it doesn't go always to the same spot. Then the ship hangs in space above the ground for a split second and gets teleported below the surface and explodes.

I was actually able to land successfully couple of times though, but again, not where I wanted. MechJeb showed different coordinates than those selected in Hyperedit. The way I was able to land was to disable damage and drop the vessel.

16 minutes ago, TheBritishEmpire said:

How do I make this work? I press Alt + H, and nothing happens.

I'm sorry that you're having a problem, and I promise to do all I can to help.

First, make sure you are following the installation instructions:  http://www.Kerbaltek.com/hyperedit  Make sure you see the Kerbaltek folder inside KSP's GameData folder after installation.  There are no known issues with HyperEdit starting when properly installed.

Second, make sure you have the proper version of HyperEdit for your version of KSP.  The current version of HyperEdit (1.5.4) is best with KSP v1.3.0.  There is a problem with HyperEdit's Lander in KSP v1.3.1, but it will still start - read back on this thread to learn about that.

Third, try it without any other mods, and/or describe step-by-step exactly how you're installing and using HyperEdit.

Finally, if you still have trouble, please feel free to contact me directly via a PM here, or on my site.
http://www.Kerbaltek.com/contact

Looks like it's not just HyperEdit. Mech Jeb also lands at wrong coordinates in 1.3.1. I can't have it land reliably as it used to. I wanted to land on the Mun at 0:0:0 N and 0:0:0 E. the ship ended up at 0:0:0 N and 179:54:30 E. And the blue and red lading marks are on the opposite side of the Mun. Something is different about coordinates in 1.3.1.

6 minutes ago, Kerbital said:

Looks like it's not just HyperEdit. Mech Jeb also lands at wrong coordinates in 1.3.1. I can't have it land reliably as it used to. I wanted to land on the Mun at 0:0:0 N and 0:0:0 E. the ship ended up at 0:0:0 N and 179:54:30 E. And the blue and red lading marks are on the opposite side of the Mun. Something is different about coordinates in 1.3.1.

Oh?  Well, that's not good either, but it does make me feel less inadequate for not being able to fix HyperEdit yet.  Thanks for the input!  Every bit helps.

21 minutes ago, Kerbital said:

This was fixed in the latest dev version of MJ

1 minute ago, Fireheart318 said:

Suggestion - Make an option to set the orbit to the orbit described by a maneuver node. Also, let us type in the desired apoapsis, periapsis, inclination, etc.. It's surprisingly difficult to hyperedit a contract orbit

Added to our issues on GitHub:

https://github.com/Ezriilc/HyperEdit/issues/30

hi! i got hyperedit and it's pretty cool, but i would like to address an issue: if i edit the orbit of a body, let's say the mun, i can add or subtract the number, press apply and it's fine, but if i edit it again, KSP goes unresponsive. no matter what i do, editing something twice makes the game unresponsive. just wanted to let you know so you could fix the issue! it may just be my laptop though, but it's pretty good. i'm not sure, look in to it! 

EDIT: whoops! it was only because i set the target object and the reference objet to the same body over and over... how silly! great mod though!

Edited by Bluecrafter07

3 hours ago, Bluecrafter07 said:

hi! i got hyperedit and it's pretty cool, but i would like to address an issue: if i edit the orbit of a body, let's say the mun, i can add or subtract the number, press apply and it's fine, but if i edit it again, KSP goes unresponsive. no matter what i do, editing something twice makes the game unresponsive. just wanted to let you know so you could fix the issue! it may just be my laptop though, but it's pretty good. i'm not sure, look in to it! 

EDIT: whoops! it was only because i set the target object and the reference objet to the same body over and over... how silly! great mod though!

Well, I'm glad it's working, and thanks for the follow up.  :)

re: landing problems

Is it possible, that the coordinate system has changed it's reference from a specific surface meridian to kerbal center of mass with a certain direction in space for angular 0? This would mean, that due to planetary body rotation any coordinate on the surface would also be a function of time... Would be consistent with people experiencing different results for same coords at different times (all equally fatal, though)

Just a thought

1 minute ago, Mike Mars said:

Having Hyperedit's landing problem solved would be the most amazing Christmas gift ever.

MM

Oh, thanks.  I appreciate your enthusiasm, but I fear it won't be fixed by then.

I'll admit that my attention has been drawn away from HyperEdit lately, but please don't think I've abandoned you.  :blush:

1 hour ago, Ezriilc said:

Oh, thanks.  I appreciate your enthusiasm, but I fear it won't be fixed by then.

I'll admit that my attention has been drawn away from HyperEdit lately, but please don't think I've abandoned you.  :blush:

Ezriilc,

Please don't think I was being pushy in any way.  I understand you and all the other developers who create and maintain these great mods have a real life.

I love this mod and look forward to it being updated whenever you can find the time.

Happy flying to all.

MM

13 hours ago, Fyrem said:

my version checker says there is a 1.5.4.2 out... but nothing shows on the download page.... ?

We are working on an update that should fix the problems with the Lander in KSP 1.3.1.  I've updated the GitHub repo, but not yet published the binary.

:blush:  I am sorry for the mixed signals, and I hope to have a new BETA to publish today or very soon.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.