[1.12] HyperEdit [v1.5.8, July 10, 2018] - Cheat, Teleporter, Orbit/Planet Editor, & More

Ezriilc

Look at your G-force meter. it should hit past 15 G's.

That is the problem.

I don't understand. What's the point of Hyperedit if it causes crafts to sustain unmanagable G-forces and explode whenever you try to place them in a certain orbit?

I don't understand. What's the point of Hyperedit if it causes crafts to sustain unmanagable G-forces and explode whenever you try to place them in a certain orbit?

I am not sure. Ask ezriic. :)

Some of my parts explode too in prev versions.

I currently waiting for mods to update.

Edited by Joshwoo69

That's actually a great question, and something I think about a lot.

Here's why I'm still using my crappy, shared host - in order of importance.

1. The Space Port :mad:.
  2. Our site is much more than just a place to download HyperEdit. We also have the KSP Ribbons & Flag Generator and the Craft Kitchen.
  3. We need a custom PHP.ini, SQL, email, chron jobs, tracking, stats, etc., etc., etc..
  4. We now have hundreds(!) of registered users, whose info we must protect.
  5. We need absolute control over our DNS, URLs, and content.
  6. Our site is usually fine, and the slow/down periods are short-lived.
  7. It costs me only around $150 per year for "unlimited" everything.

I'm not arbitrarily against moving, it's just that I think we'd need a full-blown VPS or dedicated server to do any better than what we are now.

If I could find something like that for around what I spend now, then I might just jump at it.

I've always assumed that if we keep growing, then eventually I'll need to step up to something bigger and dedicated, and probably take donations or use site ads (eew) to fund it. But that's a huge and important step, and from a business point of view as well as the stability of our growing membership, it seems sensible to wait until we are forced to do so.

What does everyone else think?

Have a look at Site5.com and see what you think of the services they offer.

Levelord,

I agree that's frustrating, and I'm sorry you're having trouble, but I can say that it does work - mostly. KSP and Unity are rather touchy about violating the laws of physics, so teleporting is prone to interesting effects, but usually people manage to work around it one way or another.

There are some standard things to try whenever you get a ship 'splode on teleport. They are:

• Choose a different altitude - higher is usually better, and make sure it's well above all terrain and atmosphere.
  • Choose a different ship, or make your ship more rigid.
  • Make sure your ship doesn't have parts clipping deeply into each other.
  • Toggle all the various settings like SAS, RCS, and Brakes, at the moment when you make the orbit change.

Please let us know if you discover anything in particular that works. If you still have problems and/or want more help, you can send me your ship and I'll try to figure out what's up. Just use our Contact page or you can share it in the Craft Kitchen.

Thanks and good luck!

Have a look at Site5.com and see what you think of the services they offer.

Thanks! I need those recommendations (everyone). I have checked out Site5.com and they are quite similar to my current provider, which is Hostmonster.

Hostmonster is actually part of one of the largest hosting providers in the world, as are many brand names which appear to be separate entities, but aren't. Most well known brands are like that to some degree, and it's rare to find a company that is really much different than the rest.

The sad truth is that all shared hosting systems have similar problems - it's just the nature of being on a shared environment, which is what makes it so affordable.

However, another not-so-sad truth is that although we sometimes have slowdowns and genuine outages - that mysteriously don't show in the up-time logs - they are rare enough that it just isn't much of a problem. I'm pretty sure the next step will be the big one to a VPS or dedicated server, but either the price must be ultra-low, or we must have reliable new funding to support it. In the meantime, I think we can just muddle through, and your patience is appreciated.

I am still working on a new framework for the website that may or may not perform better and reduce the error rate. I've been a bit busy with some other stuff, but I hope to have that completed soon.

Well considering that if you set the alt to in atmo it puts you in a circular orbit at that alt. Which means lot of speed in a friction environment. Never tried it with FAR, but I'm pretty sure "High Dynamic Pressure" is the phrase ;)

Well considering that if you set the alt to in atmo it puts you in a circular orbit at that alt. Which means lot of speed in a friction environment. Never tried it with FAR, but I'm pretty sure "High Dynamic Pressure" is the phrase ;)

Yes, setting orbit to an altitude that's inside the atmosphere is a sure-fire recipe for Big Boomin' Salad.

• 2 weeks later...
When I try to install HyperEdit for 0.25, it won't work ingame. kerbal.log shows it loading HyperEdit, but Alt+H doesn't do anything. Is there a config file I have to edit?

No - there's no config or setup for HyperEdit, but here are some things to try.

• Make sure you're holding down the "ALT" key, and no others, while also pressing the "H" key.
  • Check to see if you're running any HotKey tools or other keyboard/mouse enhancements.
  • Re-download and re-install KSP and HyperEdit without any other mods and do a very short test.
  • If you continue to have trouble, please email me via our Contact page with that newest "KSP.log" file attached.

EDIT: And oh yea - welcome to the KSP forum, CompanionCubi!

Edited by Ezriilc

Version 0.25, Windows 7 64 bit w/ 64 bit KSP

.... Well, so im just trying to, ya know, teleport my ship to Eve just to look around and stuff. But everytime i TP to eve, at a altitude of 1000, and im completely not moving and on brakes at the runway, i press the edit orbit and i end up at Eve. Going at 3300 m/s, desintegrating most of my spaceplane INSTANTLY.

Also same thing happen when i quickloaded before installing Hyperedit..

Any ways to fix this ohter than just going into orbit instead of directly inside the planet? [Chances are ill end up on Kerbol escape.]

Version 0.25, Windows 7 64 bit w/ 64 bit KSP

.... Well, so im just trying to, ya know, teleport my ship to Eve just to look around and stuff. But everytime i TP to eve, at a altitude of 1000, and im completely not moving and on brakes at the runway, i press the edit orbit and i end up at Eve. Going at 3300 m/s, desintegrating most of my spaceplane INSTANTLY.

Also same thing happen when i quickloaded before installing Hyperedit..

Any ways to fix this ohter than just going into orbit instead of directly inside the planet? [Chances are ill end up on Kerbol escape.]

Enthalpy,

Galane is correct. Generally, if you're exploding on teleport to orbit, try a higher altitude first. Also, I've learned that leaving the brakes off sometimes helps.

Teleport to Eve at an altitude of 100000

I said OHTER than that.

Also i found the problem its just that the MK2 parts are extremly fragile, so...

Using MK2 parts on a plane:

2000+ speed = BOOOM EXPLOSIONS. X4 time warp = SPAGHETII, Quickloading = Summon the #!?/%(ing kraken.

Yeah. Thats how solid mk2 parts are. Soo im kinda NOT going to use them on Eve since the mere force of gravity ALONE almost bends my plane.

Sooo, i really just had to not use MK2 parts, soo yeah problem solved i guess? :confused:

[DERP]

... Except NOT going at supersonic speeds when quickloading or HyperEditing would be nice. xD

Edited by Enthalpy

HI only usually drop in to pick up my latest update , thought I'd just add my two cents, I've been using this since inception and the similar mod that preceded it. It's always done exactly what it says on the tin and I like that, my primary uses are for testing new mod projects in different environments, saves me many hours of repeating things I've been doing since 0.16. I really don't mind that it can disassemble a poorly constructed ship, can't remember the last thing I hyperedited to destruction, it was a long time ago, I've used it for all the normal stuff plus transporting ships and subs to laythe , I know whats gonna happen so am not suprised to find myself 100mtrs up doing 2kms.

If you manage to somehow negate the velocity I suppose that'll be good for some, but i'd rather have a stable orbit instead of a spawned ship dropping into the gravity well like a lead balloon. So my ten cents worth is leave it as it is, if it aint broke don't fix it!

Cheers

Spanner

HI only usually drop in to pick up my latest update , thought I'd just add my two cents, I've been using this since inception and the similar mod that preceded it. It's always done exactly what it says on the tin and I like that, my primary uses are for testing new mod projects in different environments, saves me many hours of repeating things I've been doing since 0.16. I really don't mind that it can disassemble a poorly constructed ship, can't remember the last thing I hyperedited to destruction, it was a long time ago, I've used it for all the normal stuff plus transporting ships and subs to laythe , I know whats gonna happen so am not suprised to find myself 100mtrs up doing 2kms.

If you manage to somehow negate the velocity I suppose that'll be good for some, but i'd rather have a stable orbit instead of a spawned ship dropping into the gravity well like a lead balloon. So my ten cents worth is leave it as it is, if it aint broke don't fix it!

Cheers

Spanner

The plan is to still have it match velocity to the desired action - Orbit or Landing, but do it more gently. And yes, a strong ship goes a very long way - to the point that using HyperEdit, like physics time-warp, is a type of test of a ship's strength.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you change the orbital tilt of planets? Like for example changing the Mun's orbit from equatorial to like 15 degrees tilt like Minmus? :P

I'm not sure - I haven't tested Planet editor much.

Yes, well... that's more or less the nature of the beast. Ships do need to be quite strong.

Figuring a way around the problem is on the top of my list.

My work-around is simple:

I teleport to Eve at 150000. Then I land at 150000 which zero's the velocity while still above the atmosphere. Then I change my landing to 50m or whatever. This works every time.

• 3 weeks later...
Whenever I try to rendezvous with anything in solar orbit, the object jumps away!

Help Please!

I'm not sure what you're describing.

Is the problem related to HyperEdit?

Please tell us the steps necessary to reproduce the problem.

Don't worry anymore. I fixed the problem (even thought I don't know how I did.)

The problem was if I used the hyper edit Rendezvous button and chose an object in Solar orbit, it would jump away from me.

Sorry

Edited by DMSP

I have a problem where an asteroid suddenly has changed its orbit without good reason. I want to put it back on the track where it rightfully ought to be. Old orbit data is available.

I guess that hyperedit could either do that directly, or at least it could be abused as a calculator that tells me how I need to edit the savegame. I can't figure out how, though.

The thread is in gameplay questions, http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/100378-How-to-restore-a-messed-up-orbit

If you could drop me a hint, that would be most kind.

I have a problem where an asteroid suddenly has changed its orbit without good reason. I want to put it back on the track where it rightfully ought to be. Old orbit data is available.

I guess that hyperedit could either do that directly, or at least it could be abused as a calculator that tells me how I need to edit the savegame. I can't figure out how, though.

The thread is in gameplay questions, http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/100378-How-to-restore-a-messed-up-orbit

If you could drop me a hint, that would be most kind.

I'm sorry, but I honestly don't know. Perhaps someone else does. Good luck, and if you figure it out, please come back and tell us!

I'm sorry, but I honestly don't know. Perhaps someone else does. Good luck, and if you figure it out, please come back and tell us!

Turns out that no calculation is necessary.

lat = -2.85486739353944
lon = -179.939158695502
alt = 14380117921.5151
[...]
ORBIT
{
SMA = 14111512322.1483
ECC = 0.054779078002812
INC = 3.10584764942517
LPE = 230.636284587422
LAN = 80.7326916084199
MNA = 5.56119065008062
EPH = 2188230.81413711
REF = 0
}

All necessary information is in the ORBIT{} block. MNA is mean anomaly at epoch, the game will recalculate the position according to this figure. Restoring the old orbit required no more than copy-pasting that block from an old save to the current one. Problem solved, rep goes to RedIronCrown.

I have no idea what lat/lon/alt are supposed to be; looking through my old saves, that figure has never changed. Maybe it serves no real purpose or only comes into play once I get into physics range, I don't know.

I have been playing around with hyper edit with the stanford Torus mod ( really large station parts) and I found a issue. Every time I use hyper edit to move a part into place so I can dock it, I go back to get another. But when I launch, hyper edit does nothing and I have to restart KSP. IS this ba bug?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.