[1.12] HyperEdit [v1.5.8, July 10, 2018] - Cheat, Teleporter, Orbit/Planet Editor, & More

Ezriilc

how to use HyperEdit in Linux? Alt+h do nothing.

Same as all others. If it's installed properly - according to the instructions - it will work, I promise. If you keep having trouble, you can try the BETA version which has a GUI button too.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone assist me with using HyperEdit to get dead on teleporting to the surface of Eve?

I’ve got the coordinates to get exactly where I want to be, but I haven’t figured how to input the coordinates into the HE Ship Lander.

24° 54' 08" S

57° 20' 09" W

Alt 442mm

The closest I seem to be able to get is a LAT of -25, a LON of -57, and an altitude of 1.

Is there a way to get a more refined landing spot?

Thanks!

*** UPDATE ***

I figured it out. I needed to convert my MechJeb coordinates into Decimal Degrees. If you need to do it yourself, here’s the website I used:

http://www.fcc.gov/encyclopedia/degrees-minutes-seconds-tofrom-decimal-degrees

South latitude and West longitude coordinates are entered as a negative number. So the above MechJeb coordianates become the following decimal degree coordinates:

Lat: -24.902222

Lon: -57.335833

Edited by rochieren

Can anyone assist me with using HyperEdit to get dead on teleporting to the surface of Eve?

I’ve got the coordinates to get exactly where I want to be, but I haven’t figured how to input the coordinates into the HE Ship Lander.

24° 54' 08" S

57° 20' 09" W

Alt 442mm

The closest I seem to be able to get is a LAT of -25, a LON of -57, and an altitude of 1.

Is there a way to get a more refined landing spot?

Thanks!

*** UPDATE ***

I figured it out. I needed to convert my MechJeb coordinates into Decimal Degrees. If you need to do it yourself, here’s the website I used:

http://www.fcc.gov/encyclopedia/degrees-minutes-seconds-tofrom-decimal-degrees

South latitude and West longitude coordinates are entered as a negative number. So the above MechJeb coordianates become the following decimal degree coordinates:

Lat: -24.902222

Lon: -57.335833

Excellent! Thanks very much for returning here to tell us how you did it.

No worries. I was scouring the forums for two days trying to figure it out. Glad I can help anyone else who might be stuck as well...

Now I'm just trying to figure out how to set my craft attitude before I touch down on the surface. No luck so far & my ship keeps breaking apart when I hit the surface because I'm landing at the orientation my ship was at while I was in orbit. =/

No worries. I was scouring the forums for two days trying to figure it out. Glad I can help anyone else who might be stuck as well...

Now I'm just trying to figure out how to set my craft attitude before I touch down on the surface. No luck so far & my ship keeps breaking apart when I hit the surface because I'm landing at the orientation my ship was at while I was in orbit. =/

Try setting your altitude MUCH higher than you need, and then as HyperEdit slowly lowers you to the surface, you can use torque or thrusters to rotate the ship as needed. Remember that you're not subject to gravity until you touch something, but you still have flight controls.

Arghhhh... Trying that now. Dropping in from 100 meters, but due to the ENORMOUS mass of my vessel (140 tons) she's super sluggish and keeps rolling toward her heavy side even with RCS & SAS set to keep her oriented right side up.

*** UPDATED ***

Ok. Beat that issue too... I had to set her orientation in orbit to make sure it was set the way I wanted, then I used Ship Lander to teleport her. I did the opposite & set the altitude for 5 meters & by the time the roll started it didn't matter because I only had to travel 1 meter to the surface. =)

Edited by rochieren

Arghhhh... Trying that now. Dropping in from 100 meters, but due to the ENORMOUS mass of my vessel (140 tons) she's super sluggish and keeps rolling toward her heavy side even with RCS & SAS set to keep her oriented right side up.

*** UPDATED ***

Ok. Beat that issue too... I had to set her orientation in orbit to make sure it was set the way I wanted, then I used Ship Lander to teleport her. I did the opposite & set the altitude for 5 meters & by the time the roll started it didn't matter because I only had to travel 1 meter to the surface. =)

It sounds like you'd need more control authority (more torque and/or thrusters) to teleport gracefully - and that may or may not make sense on your ship.

If you care to send me a copy of your ship - assuming it's all stock - I'd be glad to try it out and see if I can manage it.

It's not stock. I was having an issue with MKS modules popping off of their bases, so I made one HUUUUUUUUUUUGE base using the core MKS components that I teleported from the launchpad, to orbit, then to the surface of Eve. Trying to do multiple launches/dockings/flights to Eve was too much of a pain. I'll upload a screenshot tomorrow so you can get a view of it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pt5os8eiaxzsf5h/screenshot20.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c6g6s8mksgjnn3y/screenshot21.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1vvb8rdzgt4p8zo/screenshot22.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jdsipp6h5e6sz9c/screenshot23.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b2vnzu94v085hnj/screenshot24.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/idb43e1jwfclh4f/screenshot25.png?dl=0

Edited by rochieren

I'm having a problem with Hyperedit: modifications to planetary orbits aren't persistent; restarting the game will reset everything to default. Is there a fix? Has anyone else had this issue?

I'm having a problem with Hyperedit: modifications to planetary orbits aren't persistent; restarting the game will reset everything to default. Is there a fix? Has anyone else had this issue?

EvanCJ,

Welcome to the forum! We're glad to meet you, and look forward to seeing you around. :D

There IS a fix. After you modify a planet's orbit, go back to the Planet Editor view, select the planet you changed, and click Save planet to config file. Then, if you ever want to reset it back to stock, just delete the planet file in the KSP_win/GameData/Kerbaltek/PluginData/HyperEdit folder, and restart KSP.

NOTE: In the experimental BETA version of HyperEdit - currently 1.3.1-BETA, there is also a Save planet to config file button in the Orbit Editor view, for convenience. It will also be included in the next release. To use the experimental, you'll need to download that .dll and put it in your KSP_win/GameData/Kerbaltek folder manually - be sure to remove the stock HyperEdit.dll too.

Thanks for dropping in, and good luck!

- - - Updated - - -

It's not stock. I was having an issue with MKS modules popping off of their bases, so I made one HUUUUUUUUUUUGE base using the core MKS components that I teleported from the launchpad, to orbit, then to the surface of Eve. Trying to do multiple launches/dockings/flights to Eve was too much of a pain. I'll upload a screenshot tomorrow so you can get a view of it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pt5os8eiaxzsf5h/screenshot20.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c6g6s8mksgjnn3y/screenshot21.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1vvb8rdzgt4p8zo/screenshot22.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jdsipp6h5e6sz9c/screenshot23.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b2vnzu94v085hnj/screenshot24.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/idb43e1jwfclh4f/screenshot25.png?dl=0

Gnarly!

Edited by Ezriilc

*** UPDATED ***

Just a quick note, the reason that I made it this way (allow one to teleport high above the surface and slowly lower down) is because there's no good, easy way to rotate a vessel with KSP's API. Anything that I could hack together would likely be fairly explodey. Also, there's not really a good way to get the "up" of a ship - what if it's a rocket, then forwards on the cockpit is up, but if it's a spaceplane, then up on the cockpit is up!

So sorry about the inconvenience, if you have suggestions on how to make it better I'd be happy to listen, but that's as good as I could come up with.

• 2 weeks later...
I do wish there was a slightly easier / better way to put something into the orbit you want - especially if it's a suborbital orbit. I have absolutely zero understanding of how to determine where a ship will end up on an established orbit, and when I make orbits of high eccentricity almost always without fail it spawns my ship inside the ****ing planet instead of in space. Even when I do make my orbit, I then have to sit there and just screw with the epoch until it ends up where I want. A slider-based system would make things much easier.

I found this comment on a Scott Manley video concerning savefile editing: "Semi-major axis is the equal to your periapsis and apoapsis divided by 2, minus the radius of the planet. This should help with any mock ups you're having with either being inside the planet or being too far away". I'm a KSP rookie...can anyone confirm the accuracy of this statement, and verify whether or not it helps with this plugin?

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

My kerbaltek folder is inside my Gamedatefolder.

I run KSP.90 on iMac. I got last version of module manager.

I don't see Hyperedit on my toolbar and I can't make it appear it with Alt h and I can't configure my toolbar to see it.

Please help

Thank's

EDIT:

super

I can only assume from your edit that you've figured it out on your own. If so, could you please tell us what the issue was?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, all!

I've added some email subscription options to our site. Now Kerbaltek members can choose to get email alerts for HyperEdit Updates and/or Kerbaltek News.

Just go to our User page to Register and Login to make your selections.

The system had a few bugs, but I seem to have it working well now. Apologies to anyone who got multiple copies of outgoing messages. :blush:

As always, please let me know if you have any comments, questions, problems, or just want to say "Hi!".

THANKS!

Hello,

First, thank you for the work

I have a problem with KSP 0.90 and HyperEdit 1.3 : when I put a ship into orbit all the crew disappears !

Someone has a rational explanation ?

It's working fine for me. Perhaps if you give us some more details.

Are you using any other mods? If so, please remove them and try again.

If you keep having trouble, please submit a copy of your .craft file so I can do a test.

I uninstalled all the mods then I reinstalled them one by one

the incorrect mod was BobCat soviet pack (Soviet-Pack-ver2.06) , more precisely RealTimeModules.dll in LifeSupport.

hyperedit works fine now,

Thanks

I'm glad you figured it out. Thanks for the report back! It helps everyone.

Ezriilc, I think it would be a good idea to edit (and update) the thread title with the current version number and release date, so that people know if and when they need to update at a glance.

Huh? Everything looks right to me, both here and on our site.

I see "[0.90+] HyperEdit [NEW VERSION]..." (title) and "Works with KSP v0.90+" (OP body).

Sorry, what is out of date or inaccurate?

EDIT: Oh, you mean the version of HyperEdit (currently 1.3)! Great idea - thanks for the input!

Edited by Ezriilc

Huh? Everything looks right to me, both here and on our site.

I see "[0.90+] HyperEdit [NEW VERSION]..." (title) and "Works with KSP v0.90+" (OP body).

Sorry, what is out of date or inaccurate?

I think I made my remark on the concern that you may have made multiple releases during the lifetime of KSP 0.90 - a user could have an earlier 0.90+ compatible release and not know that they need to update to a "later" 0.90+ compatible release.

This is why explicitly stating the version number itself (and the release date) would be good practice.

I think I made my remark on the concern that you may have made multiple releases during the lifetime of KSP 0.90 - a user could have an earlier 0.90+ compatible release and not know that they need to update to a "later" 0.90+ compatible release.

This is why explicitly stating the version number itself (and the release date) would be good practice.

Right, got it.

Done.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.