[1.12] HyperEdit [v1.5.8, July 10, 2018] - Cheat, Teleporter, Orbit/Planet Editor, & More

Ezriilc

Hi, I'm playing KSP on Linux (due the 64 bits thing, unless Steam is cheating on me and it's also playing 32 bits), with the Spanish localization which inverts the commas and dots in regards to numbers - the decimal point is a comma while the group separator is a dot instead of a comma like in English. So, I guess related to that, Hyperedit can't display nor save the landing locations. Can that be fixed?

Oh boy... I've heard stories of this type of problem in the coding world, never actually encountered them myself. Kind of amazed I haven't run into something until now.

However, I think the problem might not be related to your localization - in particular, there was a nasty bug related to saving and loading landing coordinates in the main release. Could you try out the "HyperEdit_hotfix.dll" linked at the bottom of this page? http://www.kerbaltek.com/hyperedit Simply rename it to "HyperEdit.dll" and replace the other downloaded dll with it.

If you've already done that, then... hmm. I think I might know the problem, but I'm not sure. I'll look into it. In the meantime, could you make sure you're using the hotfix?

Hi, I'm playing KSP on Linux (due the 64 bits thing, unless Steam is cheating on me and it's also playing 32 bits), with the Spanish localization which inverts the commas and dots in regards to numbers - the decimal point is a comma while the group separator is a dot instead of a comma like in English. So, I guess related to that, Hyperedit can't display nor save the landing locations. Can that be fixed?

khyperia is uber-busy today, so I thought I'd drop by to mention that he's added a fix for this that is included in the latest hotfix version found at the bottom of our HyperEdit page.

http://www.Kerbaltek.com/hyperedit

Those who used the Spanish localization prior to this hotfix may not be able to migrate/upgrade their saved locations normally, but that should work fine from this point forward.

Big thanks to juanml82 for pointing this out. It's something that we might never have discovered otherwise.

khyperia is uber-busy today, so I thought I'd drop by to mention that he's added a fix for this that is included in the latest hotfix version found at the bottom of our HyperEdit page.

Those who used the Spanish localization prior to this hotfix may not be able to migrate/upgrade their saved locations normally, but that should work fine from this point forward.

Big thanks to juanml82 for pointing this out. It's something that we might never have discovered otherwise.

I tried it, and it's still happening

I tried it, and it's still happening

Please be more specific.

Have you downloaded our latest hotfix since yesterday? Have you tried deleting your landcoords file?

Are you able to load any locations? EDIT: What happens when you try?

Are you able to save any locations? When you do, does it create a new landcoords file? Can you paste its contents here?

Sorry for all the questions, and thanks for your help.

Please be more specific.

Have you downloaded our latest hotfix since yesterday? Have you tried deleting your landcoords file?

Are you able to load any locations? EDIT: What happens when you try?

Are you able to save any locations? When you do, does it create a new landcoords file? Can you paste its contents here?

Sorry for all the questions, and thanks for your help.

I deleted the kerbaltek folder, unzipped the latest version from the site again, put the hotfix and renamed it to hyperedit.dll

The landcoords file is the one that comes in the latest version. If I click on "load", nothing is listed. If I set it to current and save, the dialog box to save it appears, but nothing gets saved - the landcoords file remains just as it was. I tried manually editing it with gedit to check if there was some issue with the OS being unable to write it, but I can edit it (and save the changes) if I use gedit. The coordinates don't appear on KSP, though.

What does work is the option to set it to a vessel, say, the flag I have by the runway to mark the KSC location

I deleted the kerbaltek folder, unzipped the latest version from the site again, put the hotfix and renamed it to hyperedit.dll

The landcoords file is the one that comes in the latest version. If I click on "load", nothing is listed. If I set it to current and save, the dialog box to save it appears, but nothing gets saved - the landcoords file remains just as it was. I tried manually editing it with gedit to check if there was some issue with the OS being unable to write it, but I can edit it (and save the changes) if I use gedit. The coordinates don't appear on KSP, though.

What does work is the option to set it to a vessel, say, the flag I have by the runway to mark the KSC location

Try this:

Delete the old landcoords file and then re/start KSP.

The new hotfix includes the default locations internally, and only writes them to a new file when you save a custom location.

These steps should not be necessary with the next release.

Thanks for all your help.

I've tried that, and it still doesn't show anything, and doesn't save anything

I'm sorry you're still having trouble, but I've tested this and it's working fine.

Even with KSP running, you can delete the landcoords file and the load button will show the list of default locations.

If you save a location, a new landcoords.cfg is then created with the new location added.

Since I can't reproduce your issue, I can only recommend that you start over with fresh downloads of KSP v1.0.2 and the HyperEdit hotfix version. There's no need to install the regular version first, just create a Kerbaltek folder inside GameData, and put the hotfix in it.

I am attempting to land a test object on Mun (anywhere). First I put it into a 100k orbit and then choose "Set to current", and then "Land Here". The orbital velocity stops, but the altitude does not jump to 20, but rather stays at 100,000 and starts slowly lowering. (Note time, 30 seconds later and I've dropped 52m).

I'm using Linux, and have duplicated this behavior with Hyperedit being the only mod installed.

Wondering if anyone else is seeing this behavior?

Ot9lrLU.jpg

I am attempting to land a test object on Mun (anywhere). First I put it into a 100k orbit and then choose "Set to current", and then "Land Here". The orbital velocity stops, but the altitude does not jump to 20, but rather stays at 100,000 and starts slowly lowering ... anyone else is seeing this behavior?

Verified on Windows, but then hitting the 'Landing' button/indicator twice sets the altitude to the desired 20. I actually can't remember for certain if it always worked this way, but it may have done.

Verified on Windows, but then hitting the 'Landing' button/indicator twice sets the altitude to the desired 20. I actually can't remember for certain if it always worked this way, but it may have done.

Thanks. Your reply was the key. I was forgetting to press the "Landing" green light. I was forgetting that this was actually a button, too.

Thanks. Your reply was the key. I was forgetting to press the "Landing" green light. I was forgetting that this was actually a button, too.

Yea, it's kinda strange for a button. Maybe we can make that better.

I'm glad you got it figured out. :)

Please be more specific.

In KSP .90, HE's Coord Save/Load worked fine for me. Always used the latest HE Release.

In 1.x KSP, HE's Coord Save/Load is borked.

Some observations I haven't seen mentioned yet by others having Save/Load Coord issues:

-KSP Install Location. Does the user have Full/Unrestricted access to write to the KSP Install HDD, KSP Folder, and all subfolders?

Mine is 'D:\Kerbal Space Program' and iirc, my D: HDD required me to take ownership a long while back for some other unrelated thing prior to me discovering KSP. (As KSP Stock runs fine outside of 'default install path', this should not need to be specific for HE to work)

-After Saving Coords with HE, looking in my KSP Folder, I see an odd file: 'KSC Pad,549,743327,Kerbin' with no file extension/association (filename.ext). Clearly, HE is trying to do the Save, but it is not opening/writing to the "D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Kerbaltek\PluginData\HyperEdit\landcoords.txt". (It is writing a new file in D:\KSP so it is not write restricted)

-The file being generated is not landcoords.txt. Is HE only appending to a file it assumes exists? Can HE be made to Find-In-Path: KSP\GameData\... > exists > append. Or, Find-In-Path: KSP\GameData\... > noexist > create '(PATH)\landcoords.txt (with default coords)> append? Will this alleviate the blank Load/Delete windows, as HE will be creating a new .txt instead of a blank file. And it will be in a spot HE can access, as it is writing a blank file there now with the info in the filename.

-The new file being written has all the info (Save Name/cord) in the File Name. The newly written file has no contents when opened in NP++. The landcoords.txt exists, but it is not being read/written to. HE seems to not know where this file should be. Or, the HE folder structure/addressing is derp'd in the .dll and/or the .zip. The "D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Kerbaltek\PluginData\HyperEdit\landcoords.txt" contents:

Airstrip Island Beach - Wet,-1.498,-72.088
KSC Launch Pad,-.1027,-74.574
KSC Runway,-.0403,-74.717
KSC Beach - Wet,-.0435,-74.39

These are just a few observations around this issue on my machine that may/not help with sorting this into a new update (not Hot-Fix, just update it!).

Oh yeah, almost forgot! If you do feel the need to push Hot-Fixes, please consider adding them to CKAN as a [suggested] in HE's metadata. EX: CKAN > mark HyperEdit > Apply > 'Suggested by HyperEdit' > mark HyperEdit Save/Load Hot-Fix > Apply > ?? > Profit!

Edited by Shaggygoblin
Spelling/Additional info

In KSP .90, HE's Coord Save/Load worked fine for me. Always used the latest HE Release.

In 1.x KSP, HE's Coord Save/Load is borked.

...snip

The latest hotfix release fixes these issues.

As for CKAN, it currently can't automatically update from our site, but we are investigating possible work-arounds - at least for major releases.

+1 for the Save/Load coordinates not saving or loading.

Also, is it possible to get the coordinates for Hyperedit to be in standard form? Degrees, Minutes, Seconds? I've always found the straight numbers to be a bit hard to maneuver, especially if you're trying to land in a specific spot.

The latest hotfix release fixes these issues.

As for CKAN, it currently can't automatically update from our site, but we are investigating possible work-arounds - at least for major releases.

Using the Hotfix, Save/Load works now. Please make an update to the main install to minimze fuss with Install > broken > scratch head reading hours of posts > find hot-fix > install > profit.

Also, is it possible to get the coordinates for Hyperedit to be in standard form? Degrees, Minutes, Seconds? I've always found the straight numbers to be a bit hard to maneuver, especially if you're trying to land in a specific spot.

Until they sort it:

Decimal Degrees = Degrees + minutes/60 + seconds/3600

N/S and E/W will flip the decimal +/- (positive/negative value)

Found Here:

http://andrew.hedges.name/experiments/convert_lat_long/

It should be noted, in MechJeb and Engineer, converting the coords given in both tools ended me up opposite KSC on the planet...

I am having trouble downloading the .zip file...

Maybe an issue due to some download browser add-on at your end, or possibly a temporary problem ? I just re-checked and both the main file and the needed patch are downloading fine.

...you hope, as there is no guarantee that it will not remain on 'unique' instances.

You all have done fine works. Hiccups are expected.

No. It's been tested and is working.

- - - Updated - - -

Please see above.

There are no plans to do this.

- - - Updated - - -

Do I put the hotfix dll in along with the original or do I rename it and replace the original?

Replace the original.

- - - Updated - - -

I am having trouble downloading the .zip file. When I click the link I'm redirected to a page that says "downloader: no direct access" anyone know what the problem is?

Our site requires a "clean" request including all normal HTTP headers, as well as a valid session, to prevent external, direct downloads.

If I install the Kerbaltek Folder into my GameData Folder, I can use HyperEdit but all parts, stock and mod, are disapeard! Anyone how can help? Thx.

I don't think that was caused by HyperEdit.

Try reinstalling KSP and then HyperEdit without any other mods.

- - - Updated - - -

Good news everyone!

HyperEdit has been updated to version 1.4.1 for KSP 1.0 to correct some bugs.

Please download and use this new version.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.