[1.12] HyperEdit [v1.5.8, July 10, 2018] - Cheat, Teleporter, Orbit/Planet Editor, & More

Ezriilc

Is your rocketship out of fuel and on a collision course with an asteroid?

Has your space station lost its orbit?

Do you need to test a lander for Eve without all the tediousness of actually launching and traveling there?

Then you need... HYPER EDIT!

Buy now! Buy today!

But wait! There's more!

- - - Updated - - -

Hyper edit is the best if your testing landers and re-entry makes life very easy

Agreed. It's the tool-set every flight director wishes for.

• 2 weeks later...
how do i install this? i looked at the FAQ bust the instructions don't work because i cannot unzip the files because they are folders. help please?

The official downloads from our site are .zip files - use those.

If you have a Windows system, your .zip files may be shown as a folder. If so, just copy the contents to the root of your game folder.

EDIT: For more information on zips, read this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zip_%28file_format%29

For a great, free and open source zip program, go here:

http://www.7-zip.org/

Edited by Ezriilc
Added more info.

• 1 month later...

Ezrillic, I request you to help try and fix StrahmDude's bug with Hyperedit, he is part of the team making Kerbal Corp. Wars, and they've had a horrendhous bug with Hyperedit meaning they can't get their ships into orbit to actually make the videos, and they have no time at all for launching them manually, as it's the school year, and I really want to see the series go on, so could you please contact StrahmDude either through PM or the Kerbal Corp. Wars page in the Live from mission control sub-forum? Out of anyone I think you can help, being the creator of HyperEdit. Thank you, and I hope you can help.

Ezrillic, I request you to help try and fix StrahmDude's bug with Hyperedit, he is part of the team making Kerbal Corp. Wars, and they've had a horrendhous bug with Hyperedit meaning they can't get their ships into orbit to actually make the videos, and they have no time at all for launching them manually, as it's the school year, and I really want to see the series go on, so could you please contact StrahmDude either through PM or the Kerbal Corp. Wars page in the Live from mission control sub-forum? Out of anyone I think you can help, being the creator of HyperEdit. Thank you, and I hope you can help.

Actually, I didn't create HyperEdit, khyperia did.

Regardless, we aren't aware of any bugs in HyperEdit, "horrendhous" or otherwise. :wink:

Please have StrahmDude contact us directly for assistance.

EDIT: I've made contact in that thread.

Edited by Ezriilc

I've been trying to use HyperEdit to land a ship at the Mohole for a video I'm recording, but for some reason I keep getting Hell Krakens. You know, when all the numbers say NaN, the screen goes black and you have to restart KSP to fix it. What I'm doing is this:

1) Launch the stock Two-Stage Lander with two kerbals (I used Valentina and Alice).

2) Open the Ship Lander Tool

3) Set target body to Moho. Type in 89 for latitude. I left longitude at 0 and set the altitude to 200 because of the planet change.

4) Click the button to land.

5) I'm not close enough. Try 89.5 latitude. Uncheck and recheck landing button.

6) A couple more iterations of step 5 getting adding 0.1 to the latitude each time.

7) Hell kraken?

The only other mods I'm using are Kerbal Engineer and Distant Object Enhancement, and my own custom flag. I can't think why they would be causing this.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

[Orbit Targeter]: Target is null

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

Packing Two-Stage Lander for orbit

Unpacking Two-Stage Lander

[Orbit Targeter]: Target is null

Packing Two-Stage Lander for orbit

Look rotation viewing vector is zero

(Filename: Line: 70)

Invalid parameter because it was infinity or nan.

(Filename: Line: 251)

Occlusion area test is NAN! Args 0.562306247156386 0.163343865993121 NaN

part1: NaN

part2: NaN

part3: NaN

Occlusion area test is NAN! Args 0.562306247156386 0.101415630366171 NaN

with the last bit repeating until I close the game

EDIT: wait, no it doesn't. This happens a few hundred lines down:

Actor::setAngularDamping: The angular damping must be nonnegative!

(Filename: ..\..\Physics\src\NpActor.cpp Line: 223)

recalculating orbit for mk2LanderCabin: Moho
rPos: [NaN, NaN, NaN] rVel: [NaN, NaN, NaN] |NaN|

recalculated orbit for mk2LanderCabin: the Sun
rPos: [NaN, NaN, NaN] rVel: [NaN, NaN, NaN] |NaN|

[Progress Node Reached]: Escape

[Progress Node Complete]: Escape

setting new dominant body: the Sun
FlightGlobals.mainBody: Moho

Vessel mk2LanderCabin velocity resumed. Reference body: Sun vel: [NaN, NaN, NaN]

Occlusion area test is NAN! Args 0.562306247156386 0.163343865993121 NaN

Occlusion area test is NAN! Args 0.562306247156386 0.101415630366171 NaN

Then it repeats again until I close the game

EDIT: KSP 1.0.4 running on Windows 8.1

Seems to be working fine when I just enter random coordinates.

Is this just a stock KSP bug which for some reason is more common at the poles?

YET ANOTHER EDIT: Workaround found. It seems to work if I jump to Moho orbit between every landing attempt.

Edited by TheMoonRover
more detail

First attempt at using HyperEdit to transport my Mun Base from the KSP runway to Mun surface. First I put the base in Mun Orbit. Then selected landing site. Focused on base and clicked landing. The problem is the base is now upside down. Oops. What did I do wrong?

First attempt at using HyperEdit to transport my Mun Base from the KSP runway to Mun surface. First I put the base in Mun Orbit. Then selected landing site. Focused on base and clicked landing. The problem is the base is now upside down. Oops. What did I do wrong?

HyperEdit doesn't change the orientation of the craft, just the location. You'll need some SAS/RCS to spin it around so that it is in a surface-up orientation.

~M~

Any chance we can get a curl or wget friendly download link? I try and automate things for fresh KSP installs, but Hyperedit says "DOWNLOADER: Sorry, no direct access." :(

Just go to the website and click the link to download.

- - - Updated - - -

The hell kraken also turns up if you try to rendezvous with a craft which is landed on kerbin using the orbit menu but the best solution there is probably just not to do it.

I'm not sure what you're attempting, but you would use the Lander part to land, not the Orbit Editor.

Hi i'm having trouble with the Ship Lander function, it just doesn't do anything when i press it. Any ideas why that might be? I'm using KAS, KIS & Mechjeb. V1.0.4

When you press what, exactly?

We'll need much more information. Please provide a step-by-step description of exactly what you're doing (clicking, typing, etc.), and at what point you run into trouble (what you expected vs what you get).

Sorry, the problem's a lot more basic than you'd probably expect, sorry if it turns out i'm just being stupid, it feels like i am, but there isn't much more to say. I press Alth + H to bring up the menu. I press Ship Lander and then nothing happens. When i had this installed on 1.0 it brought up the Ship Lander menu.

Sorry, the problem's a lot more basic than you'd probably expect, sorry if it turns out i'm just being stupid, it feels like i am, but there isn't much more to say. I press Alth + H to bring up the menu. I press Ship Lander and then nothing happens. When i had this installed on 1.0 it brought up the Ship Lander menu.

Try a fresh download and install of KSP and HyperEdit without any other mods.

Are you using a multiple monitor setup?

Hi, thanks for the help, i reinstalled both ksp and hyperedit and it worked fine. Trail and error showed it was the fact i had 3 versions of module manager installed, probably not the best idea. It's now working again with all my mods.

Thanks for your awesome input to the community! Keep it up :cool:

Hi, thanks for the help, i reinstalled both ksp and hyperedit and it worked fine. Trail and error showed it was the fact i had 3 versions of module manager installed, probably not the best idea. It's now working again with all my mods.

Thanks for your awesome input to the community! Keep it up :cool:

My pleasure! :) I'm glad that worked for you.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to add velocity along the forward axis? As in I want to complete a manoeuvre node by adding the velocity using hyper edit. I tried but ended up going completely the wrong way, the choices that make sense to me are normal and prograde, is it one of the others like up?

Also to complete a project I want to hyper edit a ship into a duna flyby with kerbin return (think The Martian), so far my best thinking (my brain hurts) has got me 14,400,000m orbit around Duna, change the periapsis to 100km of Duna, Create another node that tries to do a Kerbin return while retaining the periapsis. Use Hyperedit to add the velocity and then save the game when the periapsis is the required time away. Is it easier to do? Can someone help me do it?

Is it possible to add velocity along the forward axis? As in I want to complete a manoeuvre node by adding the velocity using hyper edit. I tried but ended up going completely the wrong way, the choices that make sense to me are normal and prograde, is it one of the others like up?

How exactly did you try?

Also to complete a project I want to hyper edit a ship into a duna flyby with kerbin return (think The Martian), so far my best thinking (my brain hurts) has got me 14,400,000m orbit around Duna, change the periapsis to 100km of Duna, Create another node that tries to do a Kerbin return while retaining the periapsis. Use Hyperedit to add the velocity and then save the game when the periapsis is the required time away. Is it easier to do? Can someone help me do it?

I don't really understand what you're asking in either case, but then I'm not really an expert. Perhaps someone else does and can answer? If not, then I'll need much greater detail to determine what you're trying to do (I've not seen the movie).

How exactly did you try?

I don't really understand what you're asking in either case, but then I'm not really an expert. Perhaps someone else does and can answer? If not, then I'll need much greater detail to determine what you're trying to do (I've not seen the movie).

That's OK the movie is not out yet, the book is very good. I was using the prbit editor, you can add or subtract velocity there

It looks like all the really smart folks are busy, so I'll do my best.

There is no "forward axis" in the Orbit Editor, as the directions provided are in relation to the orbital path. However, by using the listed directions and negative numbers if needed, one can change the ship's velocity in any direction. I've tested and it behaves as expected. If you can provide more detail of what you're trying to accomplish, I can perhaps give some tips on a procedure.

I'm sorry, but you've lost me here. I can't picture what you're trying to do overall.

Here's what I think you want to do: Create a save file with an orbital path that starts at 14.4Mm from Duna, and then flys by at 100km (oblong-ish orbit, sorta), and then escapes for Kerbin.

If so, I can't think of any way to setup such a scenario ahead of time and save it. I (read: MechJeb) would need to calc the escape from a stable-ish orbit around Duna. However, I'm sure an orbit expert and/or some fancy computing could figure that, but I can't picture what mod or method you'd use. It's an interesting question though, and I find myself thinking there must be a "easy/er" way to set that up.

If I've misunderstood, I apologize - feel free to elaborate for me. I'm a little slow sometimes, but I almost never give up, and I'm willing to keep trying.

Maybe you can use PLADs flyby finder, or one of the Kerbin-Duna-Kerbin flybys that are quoted in the forums. Hyper edit to LKO then either use velocity orbit editor to apply the Duna injection deltaV or make the burn with a disposable stage. Then warp to the save point you want. That save game would then have a ship on course to flyby Duna and return to Kerbin. One of the 'found' flybys probably wouldn't have the Pe you want but I think the flyby finder tool lets you set constraints like Pe at Duna so you might be able to fund exactly what you want.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.