[1.12] HyperEdit [v1.5.8, July 10, 2018] - Cheat, Teleporter, Orbit/Planet Editor, & More

Ezriilc

Hmmmm.... It happens EVERY time I land my craft.... Unfortunately, I AM running heavily modded right now... Not a lot of parts, tho...Just like 100-120 plugins... lol
I have another "test" install I use for troubleshooting...In the next couple days, I'll try a cleaner install and see if I get the same, and I'll post back with the results either way...

I just thought if it wasnt too difficult, it would be nice to "drop" bases or craft at the bottom, rather than having to dive all the way from the surface... I'm having issues with figuring out a way to adjust ballast quickly, before my craft end up vertical, or worse, rolling... At that point, its a PIB to get them righted...

Edited by Stone Blue

On 11/30/2015, 9:27:29, Ezriilc said:

That's only if you attempt to hotlink directly to our files - which is not allowed.

The site is fine.  Please try again.

I am also getting this error when clicking the link to download the newest version from your website.

EDIT: I was able to get the download through CKAN (I wasn't able to before; it would hang and crash on HyperEdit), but direct access to the download from your website didn't work for me at all.

Edited by SpacedInvader

15 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

Hmmmm.... It happens EVERY time I land my craft.... Unfortunately, I AM running heavily modded right now... Not a lot of parts, tho...Just like 100-120 plugins... lol
I have another "test" install I use for troubleshooting...In the next couple days, I'll try a cleaner install and see if I get the same, and I'll post back with the results either way...

I just thought if it wasnt too difficult, it would be nice to "drop" bases or craft at the bottom, rather than having to dive all the way from the surface... I'm having issues with figuring out a way to adjust ballast quickly, before my craft end up vertical, or worse, rolling... At that point, its a PIB to get them righted...

It is on our list to look into, but no guarantee.  Please do report back here - I look forward to the results.  Even better if you can figure out which mod is conflicting.

Good luck!

14 hours ago, SpacedInvader said:

I am also getting this error when clicking the link to download the newest version from your website.

EDIT: I was able to get the download through CKAN (I wasn't able to before; it would hang and crash on HyperEdit), but direct access to the download from your website didn't work for me at all.

I'm sorry you're still having trouble, but I've tested it every day this week, and it's working perfectly.  My counters show others downloading every day with no problems.  So, it must be something at your end.

What OS are you on?  What browser and version are you using?  What plugins do you have installed?  What is the exact URL you're on, and what link are you clicking?

6 hours ago, Ezriilc said:

It is on our list to look into, but no guarantee.  Please do report back here - I look forward to the results.  Even better if you can figure out which mod is conflicting.

Good luck!

I'm sorry you're still having trouble, but I've tested it every day this week, and it's working perfectly.  My counters show others downloading every day with no problems.  So, it must be something at your end.

What OS are you on?  What browser and version are you using?  What plugins do you have installed?  What is the exact URL you're on, and what link are you clicking?

Well, after writing a whole paragraph about my setup, I found that I had installed fixURL which is supposed to block redirects (can't remember why at this point), and that was where the problem was coming from.

26 minutes ago, SpacedInvader said:

Well, after writing a whole paragraph about my setup, I found that I had installed fixURL which is supposed to block redirects (can't remember why at this point), and that was where the problem was coming from.

Excellent!  I figured it was something like that, and I'm glad you found it.  Thanks for coming back to report.

I got the chance to try this in a clean, fresh, stock 1.0.5 install today... Still have the same behavior...
Also found out that if you land on the Runway, at an altitude at less than 3m, your craft explodes and leaves a crater in the runway...lol

I didnt try it with more than one craft, so I have no idea if craft mass factors into how hard (m/s) it hits the surface... ???... Maybe its just me, but it seemed my 180 part, heavy, sub hit faster, harder, and made a MUCH bigger splash than the seaplane I tried today...

As far as my issue with parts breaking off my craft during water "landings", I think its due to the parts' crash tolerence setting...So i guess I'll have to go thru several hundred parts and change all their .cfg files... ;)

So basically, I dont think theres anything abnormal happening with HyperEdit... I'll just live with and compensate for the "jumping" effect... :)

Edited by Stone Blue

14 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

I got the chance to try this in a clean, fresh, stock 1.0.5 install today... Still have the same behavior...
Also found out that if you land on the Runway, at an altitude at less than 3m, your craft explodes and leaves a crater in the runway...lol

I didnt try it with more than one craft, so I have no idea if craft mass factors into how hard (m/s) it hits the surface... ???... Maybe its just me, but it seemed my 180 part, heavy, sub hit faster, harder, and made a MUCH bigger splash than the seaplane I tried today...

As far as my issue with parts breaking off my craft during water "landings", I think its due to the parts' crash tolerence setting...So i guess I'll have to go thru several hundred parts and change all their .cfg files... ;)

So basically, I dont think theres anything abnormal happening with HyperEdit... I'll just live with and compensate for the "jumping" effect... :)

Hmmm...  It seems like something is off, I think.  I'd still like to try your craft.  Can you send me your .craft or .sfs file?  You can use our contact page.

On Monday, November 30, 2015 11:27:29, Ezriilc said:

That's only if you attempt to hotlink directly to our files - which is not allowed.

Same thing. I'm following links from http://www.kerbaltek.com/hyperedit

Clicking on the button for "HyperEdit-1.4.2_for-KSP-1.0.5" and still getting "Downloader: Sorry, no direct access."

Edited by MGCJerry

30 minutes ago, MGCJerry said:

Clicking on the button for "HyperEdit-1.4.2_for-KSP-1.0.5" and still getting "Downloader: Sorry, no direct access."

I've also just done a test and it's working perfectly.

I suspect that you may have a plugin or extension in your browser that is causing this.  Regardless, it appears our site is running as intended.

If you continue to have problems, please include the following information: your OS and version, your browser and version, and a list of all the plugins you're using.

On 12/5/2015, 12:00:05, Ezriilc said:

Hmmm...  It seems like something is off, I think.  I'd still like to try your craft.  Can you send me your .craft or .sfs file?  You can use our contact page.

Well, i dont want to unecessarily concern you if its NOT HE... My crafts are pretty modded, so I was hoping to build something similar (large), but all stock, and try those before making you look into a possible non-issue...

here they are:

Keptune Mk1

Keptune Mk2

And the Kolaris Mk1:

5 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

Well, i dont want to unecessarily concern you if its NOT HE... My crafts are pretty modded, so I was hoping to build something similar (large), but all stock, and try those before making you look into a possible non-issue...

Exactly.  Please let us know if you learn anything new.

Win7 Ultimate x64
Palemoon 24 (based on firefox)

Browser Extensions (got several):
Adblock Plus (0 items blocked on kerbaltek)
Cookie Manager
Form History Control
Greasemonkey (4 scripts, 0 active on kerbaltek)
Live HTTP headers
NoScript (scripts enabled for kerbaltek)
Nosquint (full zoom 150%)
Page Info Button
PlainOldFavorites
RemoveItPermanently (kerbaltek not filtered)
Saved Password Editor
Web Developer

Browser Plugins:
Flash (disabled)
Java (disabled)
Java Deployment Toolkit (disabled)

On Monday, November 30, 2015 11:27:29, Ezriilc said:
12 minutes ago, Ezriilc said:

I've also just done a test and it's working perfectly.

I suspect that you may have a plugin or extension in your browser that is causing this.  Regardless, it appears our site is running as intended.

If you continue to have problems, please include the following information: your OS and version, your browser and version, and a list of all the plugins you're using.

Clicking the link for

On 12/7/2015, 2:05:41, MGCJerry said:

Win7 Ultimate x64

Cookie Manager
Form History Control
Live HTTP headers
Page Info Button
PlainOldFavorites
Saved Password Editor
Web Developer

Browser Plugins:
Flash (disabled)
Java (disabled)

Clicking the link for

Something about the request your browser is sending is triggering our site's security.  I recommend trying Firefox or Chrome without any plugins.

Win7 Ultimate x64

Cookie Manager
Form History Control
Live HTTP headers
Page Info Button
PlainOldFavorites
Saved Password Editor
Web Developer

Browser Plugins:
Flash (disabled)
Java (disabled)

:o Wow...And I thought "I" was paranoid, with having just these: :)

Adblock Plus
Avast Browser plugin
NoScript
HTTPS Everywhere
Blur
Ghostery
Lightbeam

Browser Plugins:
Flash (disabled)
Java (disabled)

I suspect it could be the browser hiding the referer due to browser settings. Copy of my headers as sent from the browser on clicking the download link:

GET /_downloads/hyperedit/HyperEdit-1.4.2_for-KSP-1.0.5.zip HTTP/1.1
Host: www.kerbaltek.com
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:25.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/40.0
Accept: text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8
Accept-Language: en-US,en;q=0.5
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
Cookie: PHPSESSID=v27qdip3fj70m5uqcnuq935p13
Connection: keep-alive

I did manage to snag it with IE 6 in a fresh VM. We can consider this resolved for me.

@Stone Blue, not necessarily paranoia but strict system control. Most of those are development related but some are security related. IMO browsers are only that, browsers- not the complete client for everything internet. Plus it stops most nasties at the gate. This "paranoia" keeps me from having to screw with my machine and keep it from catching any internet STDs. Too many times I have fixed too many machines from an "oops" that was "mistakenly" sent through an advertiser. I was good money though. Sure this was a loooooooooong time ago when it was just so easy to do malicious stuff with ads, flash, & javascript. Old habits die hard, especially if they kept you clean.

Edit:
Wow, this extra newline reminds me of using Front Page Express 2.0 in Windows 95 with having to use shift+enter.

Edited by MGCJerry
What the heck is up with the formatting?

Re: Paranoia Plugins,

I do much the same, and just because we may be paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get us.  I do understand why you have all that stuff, and I don't blame you, and I am sorry if getting our mods is difficult for you.  Thanks for your patience and extra effort.  :)

Re: Front Page Express 2.0 on Windows 95,

I just verped in my mouth a little.

I recently had a failed mission in the Jool system, so I decided to get HyperEdit to test my craft there. I'm finding that my orbits and nodes after teleporting there seem very unstable. I didn't have these issues in my previous mission, just badly designed craft. I'm teleporting to a simple Jool orbit at 50,000,000m altitude. When I create a maneuver node, the node is actually in the wrong place along the orbital path, sometimes very wrong. I can zoom in and watch my ship pass the node on the map, while the arrival time still says the node is 20 minutes away. The target indicator is always way off as would be expected in such a situation, pointing radial when it should be pointing prograde for example.

If I try to maneuver without nodes, I find that my orbit indicators on the map change a great deal. I can burn to a Tylo intercept, and watch the path go crazy such that I can't really have any idea how the intercept will really happen. I also once intercepted Tylo without having any warning on the map other than crossing Tylo's orbital path.

The other mods I use are KER, PreciseNode and Docking Alignment Indicator. 

12 hours ago, cephalo said:

I recently had a failed mission in the Jool system, so I decided to get HyperEdit to test my craft there. I'm finding that my orbits and nodes after teleporting there seem very unstable. I didn't have these issues in my previous mission, just badly designed craft. I'm teleporting to a simple Jool orbit at 50,000,000m altitude. When I create a maneuver node, the node is actually in the wrong place along the orbital path, sometimes very wrong. I can zoom in and watch my ship pass the node on the map, while the arrival time still says the node is 20 minutes away. The target indicator is always way off as would be expected in such a situation, pointing radial when it should be pointing prograde for example.

If I try to maneuver without nodes, I find that my orbit indicators on the map change a great deal. I can burn to a Tylo intercept, and watch the path go crazy such that I can't really have any idea how the intercept will really happen. I also once intercepted Tylo without having any warning on the map other than crossing Tylo's orbital path.

The other mods I use are KER, PreciseNode and Docking Alignment Indicator. 

Please try it without any other mods, and/or one other mod at a time to see if/which one is conflicting.  If we can learn which one is conflicting, then we might be able to accommodate it, but no guarantees.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess this question has been discussed already, so please refer me there.
Why is interplanetary ship landing so unstable?

And one more question. Is it possible to turn the vessel bottom side toward the surface when teleporting in landing mode?

(If there is a problem to decide which side is the bottom one, one can consider the side facing toward the surface before the teleporting as the bottom side.)

Edited by Teilnehmer

4 hours ago, Teilnehmer said:

I guess this question has been discussed already, so please refer me there.
Why is interplanetary ship landing so unstable?

And one more question. Is it possible to turn the vessel bottom side toward the surface when teleporting in landing mode?

(If there is a problem to decide which side is the bottom one, one can consider the side facing toward the surface before the teleporting as the bottom side.)

What do you mean by "unstable"?  Please be more specific.  Describe what you're trying to do, step-by-step, and include what you expected vs. what happened.

To turn your vessel while landing, you can use your flight controls as if you were flying, so if you have torque wheels, the ship will rotate.  If you don't have any torque wheels, then you'll need to figure something else out.  HyperEdit does not have any built-in method of rotating the ship - perhaps it should.

I use Hyperedit 1.4.2.0.

When selecting another planet in the ‘Ship lander’ window, a warning message appears: “Landing on a body other than the current one is not recommended.” So I thought that was a known issue.

Approximately in 2/3 of cases when I press ‘Landing’, I find myself crashed somewhere beyond the Solar system. The ‘Flight results’ window shows that my vessel has crashed into the planet I wanted to teleport to.

In 1/3 of cases the teleportation works well.

Re: "When selecting another planet in the ‘Ship lander’ window, a warning message appears: “Landing on a body other than the current one is not recommended.” So I thought that was a known issue."

Just put your craft in orbit around the body, then land on it.

Re: "Approximately in 2/3 of cases when I press ‘Landing’, I find myself crashed somewhere beyond the Solar system. The ‘Flight results’ window shows that my vessel has crashed into the planet I wanted to teleport to.

In 1/3 of cases the teleportation works well."

Try a higher altitude.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.