[1.12] HyperEdit [v1.5.8, July 10, 2018] - Cheat, Teleporter, Orbit/Planet Editor, & More

Ezriilc

3 hours ago, Ezriilc said:

All my tests work properly.

Please tell us step by step what you're doing to the planets - what you're clicking and entering into each box.

I'm making all the stock kerbin planets inclined to 23.5 degrees to create the realistic seasons. I then click "save planet" to fix it to the config file but when i restart the game, for some reason it reverts all the orbit inclination of the planets to their default position; even after repeated times to re-do the inclination. Could you kindly tell me what this problem is, as this has never happened before prior to 1.1.3 update? thanks

3 minutes ago, Aluminum Oxide said:

I'm making all the stock kerbin planets inclined to 23.5 degrees to create the realistic seasons. I then click "save planet" to fix it to the config file but when i restart the game, for some reason it reverts all the orbit inclination of the planets to their default position; even after repeated times to re-do the inclination. Could you kindly tell me what this problem is, as this has never happened before prior to 1.1.3 update? thanks

I cannot reproduce this.  It must be something at your end.

Try it without any other mods, and provide more details - literally what you're clicking/entering where, and in what order.

40 minutes ago, Ezriilc said:

I cannot reproduce this.  It must be something at your end.

Try it without any other mods, and provide more details - literally what you're clicking/entering where, and in what order.

The mods i've installed is the updated version of Kopernicus and KSP 64k (along with sigma).

The buttons i press to set the orbit inclination are in the following order: Tracking station -> Hyperedit -> Orbit Editor -> (selected e.g. Kerbin) -> (tab brings up options of orbital inclination) -> set orbit inclination from 0 degrees to 23.5 degrees -> save planet (also comes up with a message sating "saves planet to config file, so it stays even after a restart...." -> restart game -> reload KSP 1.1.3 -> gone to resume saved - NASA -> tracking station -> observed planets reverted back to their default position. This problem still persists!

Edited by Aluminum Oxide
added few sentences and corrections

hi...i'm running 1.1.3 all my mods are updated...to the lastest available...however my updated hyperedit "lander" 1.1.3 is not functioning.....it selects the coordinates and when i hit land...nothing happens. the light comes on but thats it...i downloaded it 3 times..removing the old folder first. i am playing on a clean install..26 mods....HELPPPPPP!

Edited by SGTSLADAK

1 hour ago, SGTSLADAK said:

hi...i'm running 1.1.3 all my mods are updated...to the lastest available...however my updated hyperedit "lander" 1.1.3 is not functioning.....it selects the coordinates and when i hit land...nothing happens. the light comes on but thats it...i downloaded it 3 times..removing the old folder first. i am playing on a clean install..26 mods....HELPPPPPP!

HyperEdit 1.5.2.1 is working properly with KSP-1.1.3, so it must be one or more of the other mods you're using.

You'll need to remove all the other mods and then add them back 1 at a time to determine which one is conflicting.  If you tell us here which one it is, then we can look into it.

hi...i'm running 1.1.3 all my mods are updated...to the lastest available...however my update hyperedit "lander" is not functioning.....it selects the coordinates and when i hit land...nothing happens. the light comes on but thats it...i downloaded 3 times..remove=ing the old folder first. i am playing on a clean install..26 mods....HELPPPPPP! (UPDATE...I DID JUST FINISHED DOING EXACTLY THAT...I CAME BACK TO TELL YOU...IT WORKED!!! THANK YOU!!!!!! GREAT MOD!!!!

10 hours ago, Adam Kerman said:

just got the mod it doesn't show the tab on the runway or launch pad

Then it's either not installed properly, or it's the wrong version.  But without any details, there's no way for anyone to know.  :sealed:

23 minutes ago, Pappy100 said:

I don't get an H at the the corner of my screen and it won't work if I press ALT+H.

10 hours ago, Ezriilc said:

Then it's either not installed properly, or it's the wrong version.  But without any details, there's no way for anyone to know.  :sealed:

I seem to be having a problem with HE, the Ship Lander function doesn't seem to work. It tells me how to fine-tune the landing coordinates, but past that, nothing. I thought it may have been a mod conflict, so I stripped down everything and ran the game vanilla save for Hyperedit, and still no dice. Perhaps it's a bug with the latest version?

27 minutes ago, generalprower said:

I seem to be having a problem with HE, the Ship Lander function doesn't seem to work. It tells me how to fine-tune the landing coordinates, but past that, nothing. I thought it may have been a mod conflict, so I stripped down everything and ran the game vanilla save for Hyperedit, and still no dice. Perhaps it's a bug with the latest version?

Nope.

The latest version of HyperEdit works with the latest version of KSP.

I can concur on the problem of the new version not working, but I may have found the reason. Because you keep changing the .dll name, old dlls remain in the game folder, and may be given precedence over newer versions. I found an old one from the 1.1.0 beta in my GameData, which I think was loading first. This is why other mods don't change their dll name, so it's automatically overwritten by new versions and these problems don't emerge.

2 hours ago, Iskierka said:

I can concur on the problem of the new version not working, but I may have found the reason. Because you keep changing the .dll name, old dlls remain in the game folder, and may be given precedence over newer versions. I found an old one from the 1.1.0 beta in my GameData, which I think was loading first. This is why other mods don't change their dll name, so it's automatically overwritten by new versions and these problems don't emerge.

That helps.  This was the first (or second?) time I named the .dll anything other than just HyperEdit.dll, so I've put it back and re-uploaded.

My apologies to anyone having trouble because of this.  It's been fixed now, so you'll want to delete HyperEdit, then re-download and reinstall it (or rename your files manually).

:blush:

Edited by Ezriilc

On 26/04/2016 at 0:41 AM, DarkGod said:

Heya Ezriilc

First, much thanks for making hyperedit, couldnt live without it :wink:

Now for the bug, I'm experiencing it too. I first saw it in 1.1 beta and thought it was kerbal joint reinforcement's fault, but actually it's hyperedit's :/

How to reproduce it:

When undocking ships, one of the ship will become "moving over the surface", preventing timewarp, making it wobble weirdly. If control switches to an unaffected ship and timewarps the affected ship will be send kilometers away instantly.

Test craft: http://te4.org/images/tmp/TEST.craft

Simply hyperedit it in orbit, undock one of the RCS tugs and the main body will go all wobble. This happens reliably on latest 1.1 (and all 1.1 before really) on linux 64b.

Hope this can help!

I have this moving over the surface bug as well! Mods indicated in signature.

3 minutes ago, THX1138 said:

I have this moving over the surface bug as well! Mods indicated in signature.

What versions of everything are you using?
Does it still happen without any other mods installed?

EDIT:  I see your versions, but I thought we had this bug worked out.  I'll do a test.

Edited by Ezriilc

29 minutes ago, Thatguywholikesionengines said:

How do i make the planet editor function on Hyperedit give a body a gradual atmosphere?

I'm going to leave that to someone else, since I don't actually know the specifics.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.