[1.12] HyperEdit [v1.5.8, July 10, 2018] - Cheat, Teleporter, Orbit/Planet Editor, & More

Ezriilc

Just a quick note to say what is my current workaround to the problem of hyperediting a craft to orbit of another planet causing all kinds of weird stuff...

I use the now in-built Alt-F12 function to get to orbit and then just use HE for landing. 

I have given up on the HE orbit change function now because not only was it causing graphics glitches and weird orbital behaviour, it also caused KSP to crash and even BSODs. 

8 hours ago, Ciko said:

teleport rocket  to other planet orbit with mechjab on board  =  freeze all of rocket control. It is unplayble

If you want help, you'll need to provide more information, but it sounds like you're out of power or lack a pilot or command pod.

What versions of everything are you running?
Any other mods?
What exact and specific steps are needed to reproduce this?

1 minute ago, Ciko said:

Latest version of KSP and mods

be2908286bf4.jpg

I`m use cheats -ifinite fuel and electric (alt F12)

Please try it without any other mods, and make sure you have the correct version of HyperEdit for your version of KSP.

If you still have a problem, please list the specific steps required to cause this.

1 hour ago, Ezriilc said:

Please try it without any other mods, and make sure you have the correct version of HyperEdit for your version of KSP.

If you still have a problem, please list the specific steps required to cause this.

I actually just noticed something similar last night. Now I am not asking for support just yet as I have over 100 mods currently. But something I did notice is this only happened to me (once so far) on a probe not a manned ship. I was able to teleport several manned vessels to Duna with no issues. But the very first time I tried a probe. It locked everything up like it had no power (it was fully charged on the resource screen)

I will dig a little deeper before I start pointing any fingers. I just wanted to add my 2 cents worth - So far it looks like an issue with Probe cores / procedural probe cores.

Thanks @Ezriilc for all your help around here!

Edited by V8jester

More on the non functional probe core after warp - If there is a command chair on the craft and you enter / leave the seat with a kerbal. It looks like control is restored. This behavior is also seen on a mother ship hyper edited to another planet with a docked rover. At first, rover controlled by a probe core won't work when undocked. Then enter / leave the seat on the rover with a kerbal and now it works again.

18 hours ago, zanie420 said:

For some reason, whenever I switch to a new craft, the lander submenu appears automatically. What am I missing? This even happen when visiting the tracking center.

Just uncheck the box labeled "Auto Open".

On 14/12/2016 at 10:37 AM, LastStarDust said:

As expected in a vanilla install the problem is not occurring. It could be caused by the interaction with an another mod

Actually today I performed a quick test in a vanilla install and the problem occurred again while fiddling with the Hyperhedit Ship Lander default locations.

Step to reproduce:

• Launch a craft (I used only the Mk1 Command Pod)
  • Load a location from the Ship Lander Load menu
  • Land the craft there
  • Load another location
  • Land the craft there (and this is the moment that the issue presented itself again)
  • The craft will be teleported under the planet surface exploding.

These are the logs:

KSP.log

output_log.txt

6 minutes ago, LastStarDust said:

Actually today I performed a quick test in a vanilla install and the problem occurred again while fiddling with the Hyperhedit Ship Lander default locations.

Step to reproduce:

• Launch a craft (I used only the Mk1 Command Pod)
  • Load a location from the Ship Lander Load menu
  • Land the craft there
  • Load another location
  • Land the craft there (and this is the moment that the issue presented itself again)
  • The craft will be teleported under the planet surface exploding.

These are the logs:

KSP.log

output_log.txt

Please try a higher altitude.

On 12/10/2016 at 1:42 PM, Foxster said:

Just a quick note to say what is my current workaround to the problem of hyperediting a craft to orbit of another planet causing all kinds of weird stuff...

I use the now in-built Alt-F12 function to get to orbit and then just use HE for landing. 

I have given up on the HE orbit change function now because not only was it causing graphics glitches and weird orbital behaviour, it also caused KSP to crash and even BSODs. 

I just used HyperEdit to complete an otherwise impossible contract.  I don't see how to move things to another SOI with Alt-F12 and doing it with HyperEdit just went boom but I accomplished it with HyperEdit's velocity editor.  I kicked the ship into an escape orbit so it was in the right SOI.

1 minute ago, Loren Pechtel said:

I just had an interesting failure I would like to understand:

Rescuing another Kerbal, the guy was trapped so I used Hyperedit to land him--and he started sinking into the depths at 11.1 m/s, eventually going boom.  Huh?

Bringing him down on land worked.

I'm sorry, but I can't figure what you mean.  If you can, please describe the steps needed to reproduce this.

3 hours ago, Ezriilc said:

I'm sorry, but I can't figure what you mean.  If you can, please describe the steps needed to reproduce this.

It happened to me again but I don't know what the trigger is.

Necessary is using Hyperedit to land it in Kerbin's ocean but beyond that I'm not sure.

Perhaps it's some sort of buoyancy calculation?  Does the game destroy an object that goes too deep into the water?  (I'm thinking Hyperedit might only be involved because it would be awfully hard to do it by any other means.)

24 minutes ago, Loren Pechtel said:

It happened to me again but I don't know what the trigger is.

Necessary is using Hyperedit to land it in Kerbin's ocean but beyond that I'm not sure.

Perhaps it's some sort of buoyancy calculation?  Does the game destroy an object that goes too deep into the water?  (I'm thinking Hyperedit might only be involved because it would be awfully hard to do it by any other means.)

If you can give more (any?) details, I may be able to help.  What type of game?  What ship?  What did you do before it happened?

EDIT:  Additional; I am unable to reproduce this with an EVA Kerb.

Edited by Ezriilc

49 minutes ago, Ezriilc said:

If you can give more (any?) details, I may be able to help.  What type of game?  What ship?  What did you do before it happened?

EDIT:  Additional; I am unable to reproduce this with an EVA Kerb.

It was a rescue, the Kerbal was in something without an airlock.  IIRC a science lab.

So as to come off as not complaining, let me start by saying I love hyperedit and appreciate immensely what modders do for their community's on their own time. That being said I have a bug that makes me want to faceplant my keyboard. Never had the issue with any other version of ksp/hyperedit.

So I landed a lander on Mun then realized I wanted to try out the new surface experiment mod. So I did what I usually do and walked a Kerbal about 15 meters away from the lander and used the "Ship Lander" Button and hit "Current", then I saved it as LZ1. Next goto the spaceport hanger and prep a cargo container. Launch it and put it first in kerbins orbit then muns. Then open the "Ship Lander" again and load up my saved LZ position. Usually I just hit "Land" and all is well but now when I do it I end up 500 or more meters from the lander. Plus my altitude is always reading like 4400 meters on my lander?

I tried quite afew times. I did notice that when I kept hitting "current" the lon and lat would change every time? I do not know if that is normal or not. Sometimes I would even end up in a random place or under the mun exploding  If anyone else has had this problem and might know a fix I would greatly appreciate any feedback.   

14 hours ago, Eric2013 said:

So as to come off as not complaining, let me start by saying I love hyperedit and appreciate immensely what modders do for their community's on their own time. That being said I have a bug that makes me want to faceplant my keyboard. Never had the issue with any other version of ksp/hyperedit.

So I landed a lander on Mun then realized I wanted to try out the new surface experiment mod. So I did what I usually do and walked a Kerbal about 15 meters away from the lander and used the "Ship Lander" Button and hit "Current", then I saved it as LZ1. Next goto the spaceport hanger and prep a cargo container. Launch it and put it first in kerbins orbit then muns. Then open the "Ship Lander" again and load up my saved LZ position. Usually I just hit "Land" and all is well but now when I do it I end up 500 or more meters from the lander. Plus my altitude is always reading like 4400 meters on my lander?

I tried quite afew times. I did notice that when I kept hitting "current" the lon and lat would change every time? I do not know if that is normal or not. Sometimes I would even end up in a random place or under the mun exploding  If anyone else has had this problem and might know a fix I would greatly appreciate any feedback.   

Firstly, welcome to the forum!  We're all glad you're here.

Secondly, thank you very much for your kind words - they matter.

Thirdly, complaining is quite alright, especially since you've already been so nice.

About the bug you reported (BTW, good report - lots of detail), I haven't gotten such a report yet, so I will go do some testing.  I know the altitude is usually off, and I'm not really sure why, but the location should be good.

Please understand that I did not write most of HyperEdit's current code, and I'm no C# expert by far, so I may at times give silly answers like "I have no idea".  However, you've joined the best game community that there ever was, so I'm pretty sure someone will be able to help us get to the bottom of your issue.

I've created an issue for the Lander's altitude problem - it reads correctly, but gets set incorrectly.  https://github.com/Ezriilc/HyperEdit/issues/15

We already have an issue for the Lander's location problem(s), and I think @Eric2013's reported bug is related.  https://github.com/Ezriilc/HyperEdit/issues/13

Both of these issues seem somehow intertwined with this other one.  https://github.com/Ezriilc/HyperEdit/issues/11

If anyone has input on this, I'd appreciate it.  Regardless, I will begin banging my head against it - I may get lucky.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.