[1.12] HyperEdit [v1.5.8, July 10, 2018] - Cheat, Teleporter, Orbit/Planet Editor, & More

Ezriilc

1 hour ago, SuperBuilder said:

This may have already been asked, but I'm not quite in the mood to scroll through 62 pages of Q&A. :P

I'm running 1.3, and I added the unzipped folder to my "Kerbal Space Program" folder. I opened the game, and tried Alt+H, but it didn't seem to be doing anything. I didn't notice an "H", so I'm not sure whether it was there or not. Anyways, I then manually moved the "Kerbdata" folder into the "Gamedata" folder alongside "Squad". I can now see the "H", but when I click it or do Alt+H, it doesn't do anything. I have tried this in the Space Center view, The VAB view, and when flying an actual vessel, all three of which times neither action seemed to trigger anything. Thanks! -Super

HyperEdit is not updated for 1.3

52 minutes ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

HyperEdit is not updated for 1.3

Actually, the current BETA-1 version of HyperEdit should work with KSP 1.3, as it did for the KSP 1.2.9 pre-release.  If not, please let me know.
http://www.Kerbaltek.com/hyperedit

Unless any other problems pop up, I will be publishing that BETA as a full release of HyperEdit for KSP 1.3 in the next 24 hours or so.

@SuperBuilder: I don't blame you for not wishing to read through 60+ pages of a forum thread.  :wink:  Feel free to contact me directly, either here or on my site if you need any further help.

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, grafdog1138 said:

Hey, quick question. I've got HyperEdit installed correctly, and the "H" button is there, but when I click it, nothing happens! What's up?

You have to be in flight/map mode or in the tracking station. It won't work in the KSC scene. Have you tried alt+H?

Edited by Galileo

1 hour ago, grafdog1138 said:

Yes, neither the button or the alt+H ways work. The Kerbaltek folder is inside the GameData folder next to the Squad one. When will the issue be fixed?

Then reinstall and make sure you have latest version for whatever ksp version you are using. Works fine for on 1.2.2 and 1.3

Edited by Galileo

1 hour ago, grafdog1138 said:

Yes, neither the button or the alt+H ways work. The Kerbaltek folder is inside the GameData folder next to the Squad one. When will the issue be fixed?

It sounds like you have the wrong version.  Double check which of each you're using - KSP and HyperEdit.  You will find that the correct version of HyperEdit will work with the version of KSP that it's meant for.  :wink:

i love this! but there's one bug: when i go teleport to a planet the surface and the loading glitches. I have a screenshots here

Spoiler

Spoiler

SSzkBMC.png

Spoiler

81pLJ8l.png

Spoiler

sFiw3B8.png also it might have done this. I really want help. Also nothing's wrong with my graphics and on steam i use Opt out of all beta programs.

Also it glitched and i accidently put 2 of the same pics.

Edited by iiDogeWave

On 6/10/2017 at 0:14 PM, iiDogeWave said:
  Reveal hidden contents

wktGiRs.png

does something in the scripts do something with the surface or delete some ksp files, orif not, can you make it have more time to generate the WHOLE planet?

No.  HyperEdit does not modify your KSP files in any way.  Whatever issue you are having does not sound like anything to do with HyperEdit.

7 minutes ago, Ezriilc said:

No.  HyperEdit does not modify your KSP files in any way.  Whatever issue you are having does not sound like anything to do with HyperEdit.

That is something that only happens with hyperedit. 

My guess is hyperedit is too fast, and the celestial bodies do not have time to fully load the planet. It doesn't break anything and a quick trip to the tracking station and back to the vessel fixes the issue, but it happens quite often and can sometimes destroy a vessel if you run into one of the not-so-fully-loaded sections of the body. It indeed has something to do with hyperedit though. It been like that since 1.2 

Edited by Galileo

15 hours ago, Galileo said:

My guess is hyperedit is too fast, and the celestial bodies do not have time to fully load the planet. It doesn't break anything and a quick trip to the tracking station and back to the vessel fixes the issue, but it happens quite often and can sometimes destroy a vessel if you run into one of the not-so-fully-loaded sections of the body. It indeed has something to do with hyperedit though. It been like that since 1.2 

Thats my problem, exactly that, mine is too fast.I just did not have a way of explaining it

This has only started happening when i started using this mod.

Even Kerbin is glitched when im in space.

Edited by iiDogeWave

16 hours ago, Galileo said:

Fair enough.  I will do some testing.

16 minutes ago, Ezriilc said:

Fair enough.  I will do some testing.

I am unable to reproduce this.  I will try some other ships and circumstances, but so far I don't see any glitches.

Has anyone tested this with ONLY HyperEdit installed?

5 minutes ago, Ezriilc said:

I am unable to reproduce this.  I will try some other ships and circumstances, but so far I don't see any glitches.

Has anyone tested this with ONLY HyperEdit installed?

I guess it may be good to mention that I pretty much exclusively use hyperedit along side kopernicus. As hyperedit is invaluable while editing bodies

2 minutes ago, Galileo said:

I guess it may be good to mention that I pretty much exclusively use hyperedit along side kopernicus. As hyperedit is invaluable while editing bodies

I would ask that you test again without any other mods.  I've tried hard to reproduce this, but I cannot.

9 minutes ago, Ezriilc said:

I would ask that you test again without any other mods.  I've tried hard to reproduce this, but I cannot.

It may not happen with the stock system. It may be an conflict between hyperedit and kopernicus. 

The best way for you to replicate the issue is to install kopernicus and hyperedit to anywhere. Sometimes it does it, other times it does not, but most of the time it does. 

With how popular kopernicus and planet packs are, I'd say it's definitely worth looking into.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.