[1.12] HyperEdit [v1.5.8, July 10, 2018] - Cheat, Teleporter, Orbit/Planet Editor, & More

Ezriilc

2 hours ago, Ezriilc said:

I am unable to reproduce this.  I will try some other ships and circumstances, but so far I don't see any glitches.

Has anyone tested this with ONLY HyperEdit installed?

I have ONLY hyperedit installed. No visual mods. Just hyperedit.

Just now, iiDogeWave said:

I have ONLY hyperedit installed. No visual mods. Just hyperedit.

Every test I've done works perfectly, but I do appreciate your patience and continued efforts.

Please post a copy of your ship and/or save file, along with a step-by-step sequence to reproduce the issue.  You can upload a file with your message on our Contact page, but any method is fine, such as PasteBin or similar.

Thanks for all your help!

Two more things, does it delete any files, because steam said i have 1 file missing  and only happended when i got hyperedit. 

Last: is any of my graphics doing this:

http://i.imgur.com/1YyBK9h.png

http://i.imgur.com/fL41R9M.png

nvm, it has nothing to do with missing files either. well i think you should make it have more time to load when u orbit and land.

1 minute ago, iiDogeWave said:

Two more things, does it delete any files, because steam said i have 1 file missing  and only happended when i got hyperedit. 

Last: is any of my graphics doing this:

http://i.imgur.com/1YyBK9h.png

http://i.imgur.com/fL41R9M.png

Again, HyperEdit does NOT alter any KSP files - of this I am absolutely sure.

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you're asking, with regard to the images of your settings.  I highly recommend you keep your settings at their defaults - at least while testing this issue.

I would need the requested file(s) and information to help any further.

Just now, Ezriilc said:

Again, HyperEdit does NOT alter any KSP files - of this I am absolutely sure.

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you're asking, with regard to the images of your settings.  I highly recommend you keep your settings at their defaults - at least while testing this issue.

I would need the requested file(s) and information to help any further.

I dont know what the default settings are

Just now, iiDogeWave said:

I dont know what the default settings are

To reset your settings to their defaults, there are a number of ways.

• While in-game, before loading any save, click "Settings" and then click the "Reset Settings" button at the bottom-left of the Settings view.
  • Or, before starting the game, you can delete, move, or rename the "settings.cfg" file from the game folder.
  • Or, completely delete and reinstall the game.
2 hours ago, Galileo said:

It may not happen with the stock system. It may be an conflict between hyperedit and kopernicus. 

The best way for you to replicate the issue is to install kopernicus and hyperedit to anywhere. Sometimes it does it, other times it does not, but most of the time it does. 

With how popular kopernicus and planet packs are, I'd say it's definitely worth looking into.

I do appreciate your input, but I'm afraid that I just don't have the know-how to troubleshoot this interaction.  Perhaps the developers of Kopernicus can be of more help.  I am sorry.  :blush:

16 minutes ago, Ezriilc said:

I do appreciate your input, but I'm afraid that I just don't have the know-how to troubleshoot this interaction.  Perhaps the developers of Kopernicus can be of more help.  I am sorry.  :blush:

No biggie! it doesn't bother me that it happens and its really to fix, just a little inconvenient is all. I just thought I would help try to get to the bottom of it.

I  got it fixed!!!!, i just had to reinstall the game

But I have one more bug: When i try and orbit, sometimes/mostly it shakes and starts to fall and i cant warp time because it says Cannot warp faster then 1x while moving over terrain, but im shaking in space.

21 minutes ago, iiDogeWave said:

never mind... gilly is glitched and probably other stuff. I think you should like, make it take longeer to teleport, so the planets have time to load.

I think this is why Hyperedit warns you about trying to land on something other than the current body.  I've gotten near-perfect success by porting in high and falling but even that went badly wrong once.

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Targa said:

Just a quick note to all the mentions of not being able to download and getting an error. If you have cookies disabled, you can't download the file.

I don't recall any such mentions recently.  But yes, like most sites, mine does require a session cookie, and, if no session cookie is found/accepted, it will clearly display a large, red error message saying so.  :wink:

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for making this mod! This helps me so much when testing different ship configurations. Instead of going out to Duna and discovering there that I forgot a parachute or something, I can just edit my ship there in a Sandbox and try it before I actually send the ship in Career.

Why does the ship jump sometimes when I press . (timewarp)? I uninstalled and reinstalled and it was all good, but it was a bit weird.

Edited by Exevium

19 hours ago, Exevium said:

Thank you for making this mod! This helps me so much when testing different ship configurations. Instead of going out to Duna and discovering there that I forgot a parachute or something, I can just edit my ship there in a Sandbox and try it before I actually send the ship in Career.

Why does the ship jump sometimes when I press . (timewarp)? I uninstalled and reinstalled and it was all good, but it was a bit weird.

Welcome to the forum!  :)

I'm glad you find HyperEdit useful.  It was built by The Creator, and I happily care for it as best I can.  I like to change Kerbin's stats to match whatever planet I'm headed for, that makes testing even easier.

Sadly, the jumping in time warp is somewhat common, and I don't have a fix for it, but all my tests work if you simply change scenes (such as to the Space Center) and then back to flight.

• 1 month later...

The Landing window always opens whenever I switch to a ship or go to the tracking station.  I can close it, but the next time I switch to a ship or go to the tracking station, it opens again.  I'm using the latest version on KSP 1.3 and it also did this with the 1.2 versions in both Windows and Linux.

Also, anytime I click on the "H" in the bar, or press ALT+H, the main window opens, but so does the Landing window.

How do I get rid of this?  I don't even ever use it...

7 minutes ago, xtoro said:

The Landing window always opens whenever I switch to a ship or go to the tracking station.  I can close it, but the next time I switch to a ship or go to the tracking station, it opens again.  I'm using the latest version on KSP 1.3 and it also did this with the 1.2 versions in both Windows and Linux.

Also, anytime I click on the "H" in the bar, or press ALT+H, the main window opens, but so does the Landing window.

How do I get rid of this?  I don't even ever use it...

You have selected the "Auto Open" option in the Lander.  Just click it again to turn it back off.  :wink:

You have selected the "Auto Open" option in the Lander.  Just click it again to turn it back off.  :wink:

Gah! Yep, that was it.  I feel dumb now.  It's been staring at me in the face every time lol

Why is that option there? I can't see why you would want that window to pop up every time...

Thanks

Edited by xtoro

Gah! Yep, that was it.  I feel dumb now.  It's been staring at me in the face every time lol

Why is that option there? I can't see why you would want that window to pop up every time...

Thanks

That's a perfectly good question.  I added that feature so that I - and I assume others - can easily move my craft to wherever I'm doing my testing, without all the extra mouse clicks.  For instance, I like to build water craft, and I use HyperEdit to put them in the water immediately after launching to the pad or runway.  Having it pop up right away, and remember my previous coords, is very convenient for that kind of repeated use.

That's a perfectly good question.  I added that feature so that I - and I assume others - can easily move my craft to wherever I'm doing my testing, without all the extra mouse clicks.  For instance, I like to build water craft, and I use HyperEdit to put them in the water immediately after launching to the pad or runway.  Having it pop up right away, and remember my previous coords, is very convenient for that kind of repeated use.

The problem with it is that it seems to default to auto-open, which is very annoying.  Would be better to have it default to off, and make it something the user would have to turn on .

The problem with it is that it seems to default to auto-open, which is very annoying.  Would be better to have it default to off, and make it something the user would have to turn on .

I thought I had coded it to do just that.  Hmmm...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.