[1.12] HyperEdit [v1.5.8, July 10, 2018] - Cheat, Teleporter, Orbit/Planet Editor, & More

Ezriilc

Good news everyone!  I've published a new BETA-2 version of HyperEdit for testing, in the "Experimentals" section.  We are still working on some annoying piddly stuff, but this one should work as expected with KSP 1.3.1.  Please try it and tell me if it works for you.

Big thanks go out to @eXigentCoder , @chrisverwey , and @fronbow for doing everything.  The conversation about this fix can be found in our GitHub repo.  https://github.com/Ezriilc/HyperEdit/issues/29

Downloads are here:  http://www.kerbaltek.com/hyperedit

@Ezriilc Thanks for the new release. I rans some quick tests on some placements and after repeatedly trying to "Land" in the same position, it's no longer drifting - so it looks like your fix works! :) (Mostly)

One thing though - the Saved/Load co-ordinates for landering aren't consistent. I can save a location (say KSC Runway) but those those co-ords are only good for that moment. If you warp forward a day after a location save, and hit "Land" again, I'd expect to to land in the same location... (with the time a day later).. the issue is that it lands you at somewhere else that happens to have those co-ordinates at that time.

I'd say it's just the loading of co-ords after hitting "Land" is the issue here.

Other issue I noticed, if selecting a location with say, 20mts above surface and that location is above the water, HyperEdit seems to want to put you at 20mtrs above the "planet" surface (ie underwater) and gives the error, "Destination position was below the surface".

Doing any landing above an actual "hard" surface works as expected with the set Altitude being correct upon loading.

While the error is understandable to prevent spawning the ship underwater, I thought I remembered that HyperEdit took into account sea level when above water? Or am I remembering that wrong?

Edited by wile1411

Hi @wile1411 yeah there's a few oddities happening at the moment, but we thought we'd release it as an interim release until we get it back to its former glory!

I would never think to check how it behaves at different time frames, so thanks for that.
Feel free to pitch in here https://github.com/Ezriilc/HyperEdit/issues/29:wink:

Cheers

7 minutes ago, fronbow said:

Hi @wile1411 yeah there's a few oddities happening at the moment, but we thought we'd release it as an interim release until we get it back to its former glory!

I would never think to check how it behaves at different time frames, so thanks for that.
Feel free to pitch in here https://github.com/Ezriilc/HyperEdit/issues/29:wink:

Cheers

Thanks - I've added my thoughts there now too.

10 hours ago, Ezriilc said:

Thanks for your participation and input, @wile1411.

Think I found one more edge case where the coords jump a bit over 90degress in Longitude each attempt.

replication step: 

HyperEdit a craft using the LANDing tool on Minmus Flats at about 4000M ALT (reason for high ALT: because I haven't built up my trust with this version yet)

while the craft is slowly descending, give it 1 tick of Time Warp (as there is no atmosphere like Kerbin, it won't be Phys-warp)
(Craft will jump a massive LON coordinate of at least -90 from current, if you are too low and a hill is in the way, craft will still collide with no check for surface collision from Hyperedit - most likely due to the timewarp being on)

Any additional tick of timewarp up or down the scale work fine. This only occurs when Time warp is first started.

Going back to normal time speed is also fine.

Is repeatable any time after warp has settled and the Hyperedit slow decent resumes.

Version being used: HyperEdit-BETA-3.dll but I doubt this is specific to that version.

As mentioned, I fully expect this issue to probably be self-inflicted with using Timewarp to get down from a stopidly high spawn location in the first place. But though I'd mentioned it as it does jump about a 1/4 rotation of the planet each go and other people might be doing the same silly thing.

Edited by wile1411

2 minutes ago, wile1411 said:

Think I found one more edge case where the coords jump a bit over 90degress in Longitude each attempt.

replication step: 

HyperEdit a craft using the LANDing tool on Minmus Flats at about 4000M ALT (reason for high ALT: because I haven't built up my trust with this version yet)

while the craft is slowly descending, give it 1 tick of Time Warp (as there is no atmosphere like Kerbin, it won't be Phys-warp)
(Craft will jump a massive LON coordinate of at least -90 from current)

immediately go back to normal time.

Is repeatable any time after warp has settled and the Hyperedit slow decent resumes.

Version being used: HyperEdit-BETA-3.dll

I don't mean to be dismissive, but I don't believe HyperEdit is intended to work with time warp at all.  I highly recommend you don't do that.  I don't recall anyone mentioning that before.

However, that doesn't mean you haven't found a bug.  I just can't think of what it might be.

1 minute ago, Ezriilc said:

I don't mean to be dismissive, but I don't believe HyperEdit is intended to work with time warp at all.  I highly recommend you don't do that.  I don't recall anyone mentioning that before.

However, that doesn't mean you haven't found a bug.  I just can't think of what it might be.

Yep - I edited my post with extra info - sorry - it usually take 2-3 attempt to get my post done with the information I intended.

13 hours ago, Ezriilc said:

Yeah I always thought of HyperEdit as a kind of God-mode. It's a tool to test ideas out, like building a base in some far off world, or setting up a satellite network.

In my current test build (not released) I'm killing Time Warp when doing the Land maneuver. It only does this while landing and seems to be working okay!

2 minutes ago, Ezriilc said:

I see that our current/latest BETA-3 has been downloaded 25 times, and I was about to ask if we are ready for a full release.

Then @fronbow started fixing things again.  :rep:  If you've got more fixy to mixy, then I guess I'll wait on the release.

Yeah, sorry, I was intending to play a bit of WoW for a break from space :wink: but then saw the problem with time warp so thought I might as well sort it out!

2 minutes ago, fronbow said:

Yeah, sorry, I was intending to play a bit of WoW for a break from space :wink: but then saw the problem with time warp so thought I might as well sort it out!

Well, by that logic, you'll never go back to WoW.  hehe  https://github.com/Ezriilc/HyperEdit/issues

EDIT:  Some of those are quite old now.

Edited by Ezriilc

Yeah we should probably go thru the issues to see what's been addressed.

I understand more of the logic of HyperEdit now, just want to get more and better understanding of it! And be able to alter the User Interface confidently!!

1 minute ago, fronbow said:

Yeah we should probably go thru the issues to see what's been addressed.

I understand more of the logic of HyperEdit now, just want to get more and better understanding of it! And be able to alter the User Interface confidently!!

I'm so relieved to have you all on-board.  Really, this is a giant load off my mind.

1 minute ago, Ezriilc said:

I'm so relieved to have you all on-board.  Really, this is a giant load off my mind.

I'm happy to help (I'm sure I've said that before?!) plus it gives me a break from other games and/or web development!

39 minutes ago, fronbow said:

Yeah I always thought of HyperEdit as a kind of God-mode. It's a tool to test ideas out, like building a base in some far off world, or setting up a satellite network.

In my current test build (not released) I'm killing Time Warp when doing the Land maneuver. It only does this while landing and seems to be working okay!

I also use it to deal with situations where the game doesn't do what it's supposed to.

For example, doing rescue contracts many times I've found kerbals who aren't willing to leave--they'll get out of their craft but they won't let go of it.  When that happens I hyperedit the capsule back to Kerbin.

I've also used it a couple of times when the mod that adds a decoupler to heat shields went astray.  (The mod works as designed but there's an extra attachment point that if you accidentally use it the decoupler fires for no effect.)

Edited by Loren Pechtel

Good news, everyone!

With the help of the excellent KSP community, yet again, I'm pleased to announce the long awaited HyperEdit 1.5.5 for KSP 1.3.1.  This stable release fixes the Lander's coordinates problem, and touches a couple other issues.
http://www.Kerbaltek.com/hyperedit

As always, please let me know if you have any issues.

3 hours ago, fronbow said:

Glad I'm not the only Kerbal that visits Azeroth from time to time. I've been on there forever, Vanilla (with a big raid 40man guild back in the day) - played every major XPac, with long breaks in between after Cata. I've been a filty casual since Warlords.

Edited by Murdabenne

5 hours ago, Ezriilc said:

Good news, everyone!

With the help of the excellent KSP community, yet again, I'm pleased to announce the long awaited HyperEdit 1.5.5 for KSP 1.3.1.  This stable release fixes the Lander's coordinates problem, and touches a couple other issues.
http://www.Kerbaltek.com/hyperedit

As always, please let me know if you have any issues.

Ezriilc,

Thank you for a wonderful Christmas gift.

Many thanks to you and all those who contributed.

Makes we wish I had the skills to help.

Happy travels to all.

MM

8 hours ago, selfish_meme said:

The plugindata directory in the zip seems to have migrated out from under GameData, is that intentional?

Yes.  This was done to keep our mods' data (text) files out of the GameData folder, where actual game components are kept.

EDIT: The relevant note for this version:  "Moved config and info files to [KSP_root]/PluginData."

Edited by Ezriilc

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.