[1.12] HyperEdit [v1.5.8, July 10, 2018] - Cheat, Teleporter, Orbit/Planet Editor, & More

Ezriilc

1 minute ago, Kulebron said:

Using 1.3.1.1891 and Hyperedit 1.5.6, still the landing coordinates drift on other planets. On Laythe, the "current" coordinate is different from the real one (seems like opposite). When I set coordinates, after some time they differ by 1-2 degrees (do they drift?)

I'm not sure, but more testing seems to be in order.  By my memory, the Lander has always been a little jenky with where it  puts you.  I would say that if it gets you anywhere near where you intended, then it's "working" but, that certainly doesn't mean there isn't room to improve it.

If we can get some more data about this through testing, I'll know better if we need a new issue for it.  Time to play some KSP!  :D

Yes we do need more test data, but being "out" by a couple of degrees is your best chance! The Lander does sometimes drift you if you've visited those coords before - as far as I can tell it's a safety feature (for times like when testing bases or when you want multiple vessels to be in the same vicinity.

If you can give us what you entered into the lander (either here or on github) then it will help with testing!
So, Body, Lat, Lon, Altitude should do it :wink:

Cheers

There does seem to be a time factor (still?), but the behavior is as I've come to understand the Lander.

By the time I had teleported and landed a 2nd ship on Moho, via Kerbin orbit, then Moho orbit, then using the Lander, I ended up roughly 2.1km away.

I don't think this behavior is at all intentional, nor do I think it should be, but it's been like that for some time, I think.  I've created a new issue to track it.  https://github.com/Ezriilc/HyperEdit/issues/41

3 hours ago, fronbow said:

Yes we do need more test data, but being "out" by a couple of degrees is your best chance! The Lander does sometimes drift you if you've visited those coords before - as far as I can tell it's a safety feature (for times like when testing bases or when you want multiple vessels to be in the same vicinity.

If you can give us what you entered into the lander (either here or on github) then it will help with testing!
So, Body, Lat, Lon, Altitude should do it :wink:

Cheers

Ok, will do.

What bothers me most is that "Current" button makes completely wrong coords.

Otherwise, great tool. I used it today to find the lowest possible trajectory for the low-fly challenge (just pulled the sliders of AN longitude & PE argument)

Edited by Kulebron

13 hours ago, Kulebron said:

Ok, will do.

What bothers me most is that "Current" button makes completely wrong coords.

I don't think it's a case of wrong coords, I think it's more to do with the precision of said coords.

But saying that, if you can give us some test data to work with it can make things easier to fix!

Cheers

Happy New Year everyone.

I've used the lander feature a bunch of times on both the Mun and Duna, and landings have been spot on.

I did not download the latest update, but the beta dll file that was posted a couple of days before the update came out.

Wonder if that makes a difference.

MM

I have been using the lander quite a bit recently, coordinates seem good to me now,

On the other hand I thought I would report some other behaviour I noticed. Not exactly bugs.

I was landing a craft on top of another craft I had landed so coordinates were exactly the same, the craft below instantly blew up, even though the second craft was a hundred meters above it. I did not try to replicate a second time. This was over water.

It would be nice if the orientation of the vessel with regards to the horizon would be respected, I only say because I am moving boats around and they are hard to pivot.

Oh. and the Save Landing Spots does not seem to work outside of a game, e.g it gets reset to default saved coordinates after a stop and start

Great job fellas keep up the good work!

Edited by selfish_meme

5 hours ago, selfish_meme said:

I have been using the lander quite a bit recently, coordinates seem good to me now,

On the other hand I thought I would report some other behaviour I noticed. Not exactly bugs.

I was landing a craft on top of another craft I had landed so coordinates were exactly the same, the craft below instantly blew up, even though the second craft was a hundred meters above it. I did not try to replicate a second time. This was over water.

It would be nice if the orientation of the vessel with regards to the horizon would be respected, I only say because I am moving boats around and they are hard to pivot.

Oh. and the Save Landing Spots does not seem to work outside of a game, e.g it gets reset to default saved coordinates after a stop and start

Great job fellas keep up the good work!

I feel ya - I'm a boat guy too.

Random explosions are generally accepted as "normal" for HyperEdit, so trying it again may help.

As for attitude on Landing, we have an issue that addresses that, and pointing at a specific compass bearing may be possible.  I'll add a note.  https://github.com/Ezriilc/HyperEdit/issues/11

7 hours ago, selfish_meme said:

I would probably need to know what you class your vessel as? (as I'm sure there isn't a stock way of saying it's a boat or a sub or whatever?!)
(BTW, what mod are you using for this cos I could check for this and provide a conditional fix for the vessels)

7 hours ago, selfish_meme said:

Yeah, what @Ezriilc said, it's a good idea to try again, and failing that you'll need to land them next to each other (or try the IJKL tweaking to see if that helps!)

As far as the settings saving goes, I haven't seen this behaviour so I'm curious which dll version you're running?

Cheers

4 hours ago, fronbow said:

I would probably need to know what you class your vessel as? (as I'm sure there isn't a stock way of saying it's a boat or a sub or whatever?!)
(BTW, what mod are you using for this cos I could check for this and provide a conditional fix for the vessels)

Yeah, what @Ezriilc said, it's a good idea to try again, and failing that you'll need to land them next to each other (or try the IJKL tweaking to see if that helps!)

As far as the settings saving goes, I haven't seen this behaviour so I'm curious which dll version you're running?

Cheers

I think the game classes them as rovers

These boats are mainly out of stock and structural parts, no special boat mods

I have version 1.5.6.0 compiled on 28/12/2017 at 6:58pm

I am guessing it should make a file or right to the config file, but neither happens

Ahhh, cheers, I'll add rovers to my checks.

And yes it should create a folder in the plugin folder, like

GameData -> KerbalTek -> HyperEdit -> PluginData -> hyperedit.cfg
---> windowpos.cfg
---> landcoords.cfg

(so that's 3 files in the PluginData directory).

If HyperEdit isn't creating any files then it could be a permission problem on one of the folders in the hierarchy.

2 minutes ago, fronbow said:

If HyperEdit isn't creating any files then it could be a permission problem on one of the folders in the hierarchy.

I've never seen permissions being an issue with HyperEdit saving files or anything.

1 minute ago, fronbow said:

I occasionally get permission problems in Windows 10 and it's usually folders that somehow forget it's my machine!!
(And yes, it's a long-shot but worth a check so we can rule it out)

You have a borked Winblows installation.  It happens.

Good news, everyone!

Our heroically enthusiastic contributor @fronbow has been working feverishly to improve and update HyperEdit, and chase down those nasty bugs.  This great effort can be seen in the BETA builds provided frequently for your testing pleasure.

Please test with our latest BETAs, and if you find something interesting (or even not), let us know by posting here, contacting me on the site, and/or commenting in our GitHub repo.  All relevant info can be found on our site.  Thanks in advance!

http://www.Kerbaltek.com/hyperedit

• 3 weeks later...

Hello there!

Just started to use HyperEdit, and must say, first of all, amazing job! I'm just curious about a few things:

• The "Resources" under the "Misc Tools" tab. I'm not sure whether anything should be there, but nothing is showing up for me. Maybe it's just me expecting something to be there?
  • The "H" button. Seems a bit buggy to me, it sometimes appears in the main menu, sometimes it doesn't; it sometimes appears when at KSC, sometimes it doesn't. (it works fine for the rest of the screens, though)
  • Last but not least, the "Orbit Editor" and "Planet Editor" don't seem to be working well: I saved a completely new Kerbol System, and clicked "save" in both orbit and planet editors, but when I restarted, my new Kerbol System was reset to default. However, the .cfg files for every single one of the planets and moons were still there. Clicked reload, nothing happened; restarted KSP, nothing happened; restarted the PC, nothing happened; uninstalled and reinstalled HyperEdit, nothing happened. Am I doing something wrong?

So, despite those up there, it's pretty useful to land vessels, destroy asteroids and pretty fun to mess with.

Thanks!!

4 hours ago, NovellonEntInc said:

Hello there!

Just started to use HyperEdit, and must say, first of all, amazing job! I'm just curious about a few things:

• The "Resources" under the "Misc Tools" tab. I'm not sure whether anything should be there, but nothing is showing up for me. Maybe it's just me expecting something to be there?
  • The "H" button. Seems a bit buggy to me, it sometimes appears in the main menu, sometimes it doesn't; it sometimes appears when at KSC, sometimes it doesn't. (it works fine for the rest of the screens, though)
  • Last but not least, the "Orbit Editor" and "Planet Editor" don't seem to be working well: I saved a completely new Kerbol System, and clicked "save" in both orbit and planet editors, but when I restarted, my new Kerbol System was reset to default. However, the .cfg files for every single one of the planets and moons were still there. Clicked reload, nothing happened; restarted KSP, nothing happened; restarted the PC, nothing happened; uninstalled and reinstalled HyperEdit, nothing happened. Am I doing something wrong?

So, despite those up there, it's pretty useful to land vessels, destroy asteroids and pretty fun to mess with.

Thanks!!

First, welcome to the forum!

Second, we need more information, like which versions of KSP and HyperEdit you're using.

Some of that is stuff that I think we worked out a few versions ago, but could have come back in recent changes.

28 minutes ago, Ezriilc said:

First, welcome to the forum!

Second, we need more information, like which versions of KSP and HyperEdit you're using.

Some of that is stuff that I think we worked out a few versions ago, but could have come back in recent changes.

Yeah, uh, I knew I was missing something.

Specs:

• Kerbal Space Program version: 1.3.1.1891 (32bit)
  • HyperEdit version: 1.5.6

Anything else I need to add, just let me know and I'll find out for you.

Hi NovellonEntInc
(Bit of a mouthful to spell and say!!)

9 hours ago, NovellonEntInc said:

The "Resources" under the "Misc Tools" tab. I'm not sure whether anything should be there, but nothing is showing up for me. Maybe it's just me expecting something to be there?

If your craft has any resources, then something should show up (monoprop, electric, ablator, fuel, etc).

It doesn't appear everywhere as it's only designed to work in certain screens. Though if you've noticed some inconsistencies, that could be interesting!

Last but not least, the "Orbit Editor" and "Planet Editor" don't seem to be working well

I can have a look at this, though I never use the Planet Editor and was under the impression it worked as intended.
Though if you seriously want to manipulate the celestial bodies, you should maybe have a look at Kopernicus-

as this does seem to be the standard way within the community!

Cheers

10 hours ago, Ezriilc said:

@NovellonEntInc, I am unable to reproduce any of these issues.

If you have any other mods in place, please try it again without them.

First of all, thank you all for the support and apologies for wasting your time.

Second, chances are that HyperEdit is acting as it should, along with KSP: several things started to misbehave recently, and after some investigation, my laptop seems to have a corrupt hard drive, along with some sectors being damaged.

So yeah. Sorry to have wasted everyone's time.

Thank you anyway for the support, and keep up the good job!

4 hours ago, NovellonEntInc said:

First of all, thank you all for the support and apologies for wasting your time.

Second, chances are that HyperEdit is acting as it should, along with KSP: several things started to misbehave recently, and after some investigation, my laptop seems to have a corrupt hard drive, along with some sectors being damaged.

So yeah. Sorry to have wasted everyone's time.

Thank you anyway for the support, and keep up the good job!

Helping is NEVER a waste of my time, be it for a new community member or otherwise.  I'm glad to have helped if I did.

I'm sorry to hear your PC is sick.  ;.;  I do that professionally, so if you need any assistance there, feel free to contact me.

Oh yea, and... good luck!

hi everybody !

Sorry to put this here (do please move to wherever it's best to appear in the forum).... but this is the HyperEdit topic right ?

Well I've been looking (probably badly)... but I didn't find a tuto on how to HyperEdit  a base (like, to mun or duna or everywhere else)  we would have pre assembled. 

Is that possible or does it work with vessels only ? Is it possible to send the whole VAB elsewhere ?

Thanks a lot and again : very sorry to ask a dumb question in here.... I didn't wanna create a topic for that

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.