[1.12] HyperEdit [v1.5.8, July 10, 2018] - Cheat, Teleporter, Orbit/Planet Editor, & More

Ezriilc

When I change the planet's atmospheric properties (ex. give the Mun an atmosphere), it doesn't affect anything. It shows in the knowledge base for the Mun that it has an atmosphere, and all the other stuff except: Scale Height: 3km (like Duna); Atmosphere Height: 0km ... Is it supposed to be like this?

When I change the planet's atmospheric properties (ex. give the Mun an atmosphere), it doesn't affect anything. It shows in the knowledge base for the Mun that it has an atmosphere, and all the other stuff except: Scale Height: 3km (like Duna); Atmosphere Height: 0km ... Is it supposed to be like this?

I'm not sure what you mean by "knowledge base". Are you looking at the Planet Editor component of HyperEdit or something else?

- What settings have you changed in HyperEdit's Planet Editor and for what planet?

- What were the results?

- Have you tried other planets and/or other setting changes? What happened?

Oh, good. I see they finally fixed the forum here. Awesome.

When I change the planet's atmospheric properties (ex. give the Mun an atmosphere), it doesn't affect anything.

I just did a test and I was able to modify Kerbin's atmosphere to make it more/less dense, change the color, height, etc.. It seems to work fine, but I'm not sure if I'm understanding the problem you're having.

I cant seem to get hyper edit to activate on my MAC. Im pressing (fn + option + H) to give the (alt + H) command but nothing happens. Any help?

I'm sorry you're having trouble. I promise to do all I can to help.

I need some more information.

- What versions of everything are you using?

- Where did you download HyperEdit from?

- How/where did you install HyperEdit?

- Has it ever worked on that machine?

- Do you use other plugins for KSP? Which ones?

- Have you tried a reinstall of KSP and HyperEdit without any other add-ons?

Once I get all that info, I'll know where to start.

Its plain alt-h no need for the Fn key. I have Mac too.

That may be my fault. I've been telling people this:

http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Key_Bindings

Because KSP can run on different operating systems the modifier key (Mod) differs between then. In the table above the generic “Mod†key is mapped to the following keys:

• Windows: Alt (e. g. Alt + L)
  • Mac OS: Option (⌥) (e. g. Opt + L)
  • Linux: Right Shift (e. g. Right Shift + L)

As an example Mod + L locks the current stage. The different key combinations in brackets after the text show the OS's depending key combination.

Since I've never had a Mac as an adult, I honestly have no idea.

Is there a way to save modified parameters for a given planet, and have them loaded on the next game run? Perhaps through a cfg file?

I am very much interested in that as well. I have spent a lot of time, modifying Kerbol system to maximise the ammount of FUN produced, and was really disappointed to see all my efforts disappearing on the next run of the game. And all my ships flying on random trajectories without the celestial bodies to hold them in orbit as they returned to their original spots.

Updated: I'v red the thread backwards a bit more and found this topic being discussed. I would also ask to put persistence of planet changes on the top of the priority. That would make HyperEdit way more awesome - and it'd also be nice to be able to share edited systems, in a form of .cfg file, maybe. Thank you for all your hard work, you are grand.

Edited by AtilaElari

I'm not sure what you mean by "knowledge base". Are you looking at the Planet Editor component of HyperEdit or something else?

- What settings have you changed in HyperEdit's Planet Editor and for what planet?

- What were the results?

The knowledge base of the moon or planet in the solar system map (the small 'I' icon on the right side of the screen), it tells me the atmospheric properties; I tried to give the Mun an atmosphere, and also edit Kerbin to have a thicker atmosphere, but it didn't work for either one. In the planet editor of HyperEdit, there is the atmosphere height option, and so what happens is that it changes the 'Scale Height:' in the Atmosphere section of the info of the planet/moon (within the map), but doesn't give me an atmosphere. Changing the atmosphere color doesn't work, but I hope that will get fixed in the next update.

Is there a way to save modified parameters for a given planet, and have them loaded on the next game run? Perhaps through a cfg file?
I am very much interested in that as well. I have spent a lot of time, modifying Kerbol system to maximise the ammount of FUN produced, and was really disappointed to see all my efforts disappearing on the next run of the game. And all my ships flying on random trajectories without the celestial bodies to hold them in orbit as they returned to their original spots.

Updated: I'v red the thread backwards a bit more and found this topic being discussed. I would also ask to put persistence of planet changes on the top of the priority. That would make HyperEdit way more awesome - and it'd also be nice to be able to share edited systems, in a form of .cfg file, maybe. Thank you for all your hard work, you are grand.

Yes. Persistence for everything is a goal on our list of possible future features. If anyone wishes to contribute code, please feel free to contact me, and we greatly appreciate it.

First, let me apologize if I sound like I don't have a clue, because I kinda don't. I haven't used all the features of HyperEdit, so I'm not completely familiar with what they all do, or how it should act. So, I'll be asking you a lot of questions so I can replicate what you're doing. If you'd like to do this via direct email or IRC, just lemme know.

I tried to give the Mun an atmosphere, and also edit Kerbin to have a thicker atmosphere, but it didn't work for either one.
How did you test it? What did you expect vs. what did you experience in each case? I haven't tried to create an atmosphere on the Mun yet, but I will test that and get back to you.
...the atmosphere height option... ...doesn't give me an atmosphere.
I wouldn't expect changing the scale to create an atmosphere, but again I will do some more testing to see what you mean. Perhaps if you could describe each step you're taking and include the specifics of what you're doing, expecting, and experiencing at each step.

I realize I'm not much help... yet, but we'll figure it out. :)

- What were the results?

I really need to know the exact and specific answers to each of these in order to know exactly what you're doing, and what you're experiencing. Please quote all windows, input boxes, buttons, and messages word-for-word, so there can be no question what you mean. That will save us all a lot of time.

I've confirmed that adding an atmosphere to Mun doesn't work as expected. Specifically, setting "has atmosphere" and "has o2" to True, has no effect that I can see. Meaning that Jets flameout with no air, and MechJeb reports zero atmospheric pressure and density.

At this point, I have no idea if I even understand the Planet Editor's settings, and what they represent. We may need to get Payo's input here to know for sure.

If anyone has done more testing of HyperEdit's Planet Editor with other planets and/or in other ways, please let us know here. If the problem is only on Mun, then maybe it's just a bad variable in the code or something. Or maybe we're not operating it properly.

I will do more investigation and report back.

As wolfie pointed out, changing the "atmosphere height" setting in HyperEdit's Planet Editor actually just changes the "scale height" value as seen in the Knowledge Base (exit and re-enter Map View to see changes), and has no observable effect.

HyperEdit_Planet-Editor_Atmos-Height.jpg

Is anyone able to explain this Wiki entry to me?

The atmospheric height depend on the scale height of the celestial body and is where 0.000001th (0.0001 %) of the surface pressure is remaining so the atmospheric pressure at the border isn't constant. Technically a craft in Jool's orbit can get lower into the atmosphere (or the atmosphere starts from a higher pressure).

4791c594e9e599b0b813125e8a001569.png

db9c051dea30580bca594054b7b303a6.png

Kerbin's atmosphere ends at 0.000001 atm and to calculate where the other celestial bodies should have the atmospheric height:

085c3f551c72fbae7f720048b8416942.png

• What do "alt", "p", and "ln" represent exactly?
  • How does KSP calculate the "atmos height" figure that appears in the Knowledge Base?

Edited by Ezriilc

Add this use to hyperedit: Fixing missions that you were doing but got erased Via quicksave.

Sorry, but I'm not sure what you mean. As far as I know, quicksaves don't have any effect on anything else, and I've never lost anything by using it.

• By "mission" do you mean a flight, or a whole saved game?

Ezriilc, there are many of us that have lost hours of gameplay because of hitting F5 instead of F9 or vice-versa. Hyperedit can be a very useful tool in recovering from such a blunder. I believe that's what Tangle is referring to. Good luck on keeping this plugin up to date as KSP evolves. I'm glad to see someone with the want-to and the energy to take this on.

Please please PLEASE readd the letters after the numbers to shorten them.

I can only assume you mean the metric multiplier suffixes.

Absolutely not. No way. Nevas.

At least... not until someone shows me a way to make that work sensibly, or convince me of why it should be put back. Since I removed them, the Ship Lander is now accurate, and things are much simpler.

Ezriilc, there are many of us that have lost hours of gameplay because of hitting F5 instead of F9 or vice-versa. Hyperedit can be a very useful tool in recovering from such a blunder. I believe that's what Tangle is referring to. Good luck on keeping this plugin up to date as KSP evolves. I'm glad to see someone with the want-to and the energy to take this on.

Oh yes, now I get it! Very good point. Thank you for explaining that. This is on my list, and that brings up another thing...

I've been dreaming of an app... "The KSP Kompanion" , even before "briansun1" suggested the name in this other thread. It will include...:

• KSP game version manager that handles multiple installs, settings and updates.
  • A settings configurator and manager with custom presets.
  • A save file editor and manager with named saves, better auto-saves, backup/restore, etc..
  • A craft file editor and manager, with in-game editor improvements (remove mod parts, etc.).
  • A fully integrated mod manager with a SpacePort downloader, updater, de-/activator, etc.. HyperEdit can be auto-included in the mod list.
  • Ship editor improvements, like better sub-assembly management, calculating stats, etc.
  • Programmable hot-keys (this is what started this idea, and is already done).
  • I think I've even thought of a way to edit ships live, while in mid-flight!

This is a very ambitious project, especially for me, but if successful, it would fill in the parts of KSP that are lacking for all of us. Perhaps even as an example for Squad to emulate. :cool:

Anyone that has ideas, designs or code to contribute, as always, feel free to let me know!

Edited by Ezriilc

Is there any approximate date of the new version of HyperEdit release? I am being impatient and want to know if I may hope to have my tar system permanently re-arranged in a few weeks or should I just bite myself and be patient:)

I'd say the latter, unless you'd like you contribute the code to do that... ;)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.