[1.12] HyperEdit [v1.5.8, July 10, 2018] - Cheat, Teleporter, Orbit/Planet Editor, & More

Ezriilc

Sorry everyone! I didn't abandon you, I just wasn't getting notifications for some reason, and I've been busy working on the Ribbon Generator and website stuff.

If anyone is still having problems with HyperEdit, please PM me, or re-post, or contact me on our site. I have a never-fail fix for when nothing else has worked. :wink:

put the hyperedit dll in the root folder, "plugin folder", NOT in gamedata.

website loads fine for me.

That is NOT how HyperEdit or most other mods are designed to work. I don't recommend doing this.

Woo, I'm super excited this mod is still alive! <3 all you Kerballers!

... now only if I could get 0.24 to download...

Word from The Creator. Thanks khyperia. To be honest it's mostly the work of others that has kept it going. I get to just play with the website.

I'm having a similar problem as daawgees.

Extracted hyperedit to the KSP folder. A Kerbaltek folder appears in the gamedata folder. Run KSP and alt + h doesn't bring up the hyperedit menu.

I've manually added the kerbaltek folder to gamedata and no luck. I've started new flights and new campaigns and still no luck. After reverifying the KSP local files, the hyperedit menu still won't appear.

The only error I'm receiving in the log is [ERR 18:08:42.811] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'EngineerToolbar': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool) at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 Additional information about this exception:System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'EngineerToolbar.EngineerToolbar' from assembly 'EngineerToolbar, Version=1.0.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

I removed parts of the Toolbar that Kerbal Alarm runs with thinking it might interfere, and I think that is where the above error is coming from. Weirdly, the flags included with the hyperedit folder are included in the VAB and I can use them just fine.

I'm pretty stumped as to why its not working.

When in doubt, always try a completely fresh download and install of KSP, test it, and THEN add HyperEdit without any other mods. If that doesn't work, please PM me for my never-fail fix.

Is anyone else having a problem loading the website?

Yea, sorry about that. Hostmonster's shared system is nice and cheap with lots of features and usually works, but when it gets overloaded, it can be maddening. I'm looking for better hosting options, but the next step up (a VPS or other dedicated server) is quite a bit more money.

If anyone has ideas, please let me know. If traffic keeps improving like it has, I suppose I'll need to put some ads on the sites, but that seems... tacky.

I love this mod, but it's causing an annoying issue for me. It causes me to not be able to click on any of the buildings in the space center. If I play the game without pressing Alt-H to bring up Hyperedit, everything is fine. I can return to the space center and click on the buildings as normal. But as soon as I press alt-H to bring up Hyperedit it prevents me from clicking on any of the buildings in space center. I have to completely close and restart the game.

I've never seen that before, but I always close HyperEdit when I'm done making a move. I recommend only having HyperEdit open when in the flight scene - not in the Space Center, VAB/SPH, Tracking Center, etc....

I once tried to keep HyperEdit from opening in other scenes, and I thought I remembered having control over that, but for some reason it didn't work recently. Perhaps someone knows the code to do that? I really need to get in there and do some improvements, but it I'm just not inspired - and it does still work.

A problem I've had using Hyperedit has cropped up with MechJeb build 255 and later is that when I use Hyperedit to take a ship from the pad to orbit, MechJeb's rendezvous autopilot and maneuver planner cannot correctly control the ship.

That's an interesting issue, and I appreciate you taking the time to describe it in such detail.

I'm not sure what you mean by "launch". I often launch (click "Launch" from VAB/SPH, or click on the Runway/Pad), and then immediately (while still in the clamps) use HyperEdit to put my craft either into the water nearby, or to orbit for testing, and I've never had this problem in any persistent way. I mean that I've not noticed any difference between using HyperEdit before activating the first stage, or after. Is this what you mean?

I'm not sure if I've experienced the same problem, but there are certainly times when it seems that MechJeb has completely lost its mind. However, I also don't remember being annoyed by it, so I obviously must have worked around it every time. The first thing I always try is to save and exit, restart KSP, and then try again. I can't remember the last time a ship was rendered unusable after that, and it always seemed to clear up any problems.

However, I should say that I don't use HyperEdit for much more than launching water craft at the KSC beach, or very isolated testing - like jumping to orbit to check RCS balance or docking or whatever. I also use it to alter Kerbin's environment for testing craft on other bodies - like trying, and failing miserably, to build an Eve lander/launcher [tears hair out :huh:].

The problem has fortunately gone away with newer builds of MechJeb.

I found a solution to an Eve lander capable of returning more* than one Kerbal in a chair to orbit to be Hooligan Labs airship parts and six aerospike engines plus one LV 45.

*Two Kerbals in a 2-man can.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/67575-Take-a-Chance-on-Eve-A-lander-that-gets-you-down-and-back-up!

12186254786_269c7c1514_c.jpgOn-Eve by g_alan_e, on Flickr

The problem has fortunately gone away with newer builds of MechJeb.

I found a solution to an Eve lander capable of returning more* than one Kerbal in a chair to orbit to be Hooligan Labs airship parts and six aerospike engines plus one LV 45.

*Two Kerbals in a 2-man can.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/67575-Take-a-Chance-on-Eve-A-lander-that-gets-you-down-and-back-up!

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7351/12186254786_269c7c1514_c.jpgOn-Eve by g_alan_e, on Flickr

Thanks for the update.

Re: your rocket, I seem to have turned into a rather strict stock-physics-only kinda person, so that's out of the question for me.

Weight is the enemy when launching from Eve. Put anything not required after liftoff on decouplers so it can be dumped. Top of the stack staging like on my lander lets it drop weight as tanks empty, while using the same engines as long as possible.

Rebuilding around a Rockomax size core (which should make it much easier to push out to Eve) and adding a second asparagus ring plus another layer or two of tanks on top... it just takes so much fuel and if you're not going to refuel on the surface that means even more fuel. So a two stage lander looks to be a better solution. Get a rocket built that can lift to orbit from Eve surface, then graft on a descent stage. Might try in orbit docking of the ascender to the descent stage. That's what I was looking at doing before I decided to try the lighter than air thing.

The lander I used for inspiration was spread out a lot more and included two rovers and quite a bit of other stuff, but could put one Kerbal back to Eve orbit, in a chair, but had to start above a certain altitude. I'd have to load it and have a look to see but I think it only used the same 7 engines and might not have much, if any, difference in fuel load.

@Ezriilc: one feature request: add a "take landing spot on map" (same thing as MJ landing spot in landing guidance module), cause entering coordinates by hands is not very user friendly (you have to 1st: get coordinates with some tools like MJ, 2nd: (maybe) convert them to decimal, 3rd: use hyperedit lander with proper coordinates).

I've run into a small problem using HyperEdit, when I place a station into orbit around Kerbin at any altitude - I do not get an orbit. The station is at the altitude I've specified, but there is no orbital velocity. When I attempt to set a velocity, KSP crashes.

So, the first question is - shouldn't I get a circular orbit when teleporting from the launch pad using set orbit?

Second question - if I need to change the velocity, what is an appropriate speed?

I'm using the latest version of MechJeb, Hollow Shaped Hulls, and FusTek station modules.

well for me it is working great and yes I just use it to warp around planetrs and then when I don`t need it I usdually shut it down, is working great in .24, 32 bit, 64 bit is to unstable anyway and will not play it right now.

one of the best fun mods around ty so much for all the fun with this.

I've run into a small problem using HyperEdit, when I place a station into orbit around Kerbin at any altitude - I do not get an orbit. The station is at the altitude I've specified, but there is no orbital velocity. When I attempt to set a velocity, KSP crashes.

So, the first question is - shouldn't I get a circular orbit when teleporting from the launch pad using set orbit?

Yes - if you set your orbit using Orbit Editor, then you should get a circular orbit at whatever altitude you set.
Second question - if I need to change the velocity, what is an appropriate speed?
Since you don't, the point is moot, but I have no idea. I'm sure there's a simple formula to determine the speed based on mass and altitude.

well for me it is working great and yes I just use it to warp around planetrs and then when I don`t need it I usdually shut it down, is working great in .24, 32 bit, 64 bit is to unstable anyway and will not play it right now.

one of the best fun mods around ty so much for all the fun with this.

You're very welcome of course, but I hope you're not using HyperEdit too much.

Remember, absolute power corrupts... absolutely.

Yes - if you set your orbit using Orbit Editor, then you should get a circular orbit at whatever altitude you set.

That's what I remembered from earlier uses, but that hadn't happened today. Curiously, coming back after doing some other things it worked just fine. Go figure.

Thanks for the reply!

That's what I remembered from earlier uses, but that hadn't happened today. Curiously, coming back after doing some other things it worked just fine. Go figure.

Thanks for the reply!

Such is the quirky nature of the Kerbal universe.

HyperEdit appears to not run in KSP_x64 0.24.2

EDIT: I appear to not be working in KSP_x64 0.24.2 :huh: HyperEdit is working fine.

Lolz...

Just for giggles, I'm gearing up for 64-bit development anyway, but HyperEdit does appear to "work" on KSP 64-bit. By "work" I mean that it came up when I mashed ALT+H, and then promptly 'sploded my ship on teleport - meh.

Such is the quirky nature of the Kerbal universe.

And now I'm back to not getting a circular orbit. This is becoming very frustrating. Is there a log somewhere that I can check for problems or am I stuck with trying over and over until it works right?

And now I'm back to not getting a circular orbit. This is becoming very frustrating. Is there a log somewhere that I can check for problems or am I stuck with trying over and over until it works right?
I'm sorry you're having trouble. There is no log for HyperEdit.

I can't seem to recreate the problem, so I have a few questions.

1. Have you tried testing a fresh install of KSP without any other add-ons? You MUST do this to see if other mods are causing it.
  2. Stupid question: Are you sure you're using Orbit Editor and not the Ship Lander? Please tell us every single key you press and button you click, step by step, from loading the game to where the problem appears.
  3. Does the craft begin to accelerate under gravity after setting an orbit, or is it immune to physics like when using the Ship Lander?

1. Will it crash if you do nothing?
    2. What happens if, after setting the orbit, you exit to the Space Center and then go back to the flight?

3. Can I get a copy of your ship's .craft file to test with?

Lolz...

Just for giggles, I'm gearing up for 64-bit development anyway, but HyperEdit does appear to "work" on KSP 64-bit. By "work" I mean that it came up when I mashed ALT+H, and then promptly 'sploded my ship on teleport - meh.

It works fine for me on x64 for Linux and Windows.. I haven't had a single issue.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.