[1.12] HyperEdit [v1.5.8, July 10, 2018] - Cheat, Teleporter, Orbit/Planet Editor, & More

Ezriilc

When using HyperEdit for landing coordinates, input North & East coordinates as POSITIVE numbers and South & West coordinates as NEGATIVE numbers.

For example, if you want to land on the Mun & the KSP coordinates are:

10 52 42 N

52 21 31 W

The landing coordinates for HyperEdit will be:

To help convert the KSP/MechJeb coordinates to HyperEdit coordinates, I use this website: https://www.fcc.gov/encyclopedia/degrees-minutes-seconds-tofrom-decimal-degrees

I hope this helps. :)

When using HyperEdit for landing coordinates, input North & East coordinates as POSITIVE numbers and South & West coordinates as NEGATIVE numbers.

For example, if you want to land on the Mun & the KSP coordinates are:

10 52 42 N

52 21 31 W

The landing coordinates for HyperEdit will be:

To help convert the KSP/MechJeb coordinates to HyperEdit coordinates, I use this website: https://www.fcc.gov/encyclopedia/degrees-minutes-seconds-tofrom-decimal-degrees

I hope this helps. :)

That sounds right to me. Thanks for helping out, rochieren!

I'm proud to announce that Kerbaltek now has more than 500 registered members.

266 of us have created Ribbon sets, and those images have been viewed more than 1.3 million times, mostly from this forum.

HyperEdit has been downloaded nearly 210 thousand times, and our latest addition, Graphotron has been downloaded over 1000 times. HyperEdit was the reason I created Kerbaltek, and so I post this here.

I feel very lucky to be involved with such a great community :cool:, and I look forward to more fun in the future. Thanks, everyone!

• 4 weeks later...

Can someone post a link to the download, as in the actual file on the server? My daft "internet protection" says it's "Unrated content", so I can't see it and navigate to the download.

Can someone post a link to the download, as in the actual file on the server? My daft "internet protection" says it's "Unrated content", so I can't see it and navigate to the download.

Well that's dumb. You probably want to get that looked into and fixed. http://www.kerbaltek.com/_downloads/hyperedit/HyperEdit-1.4.1_for-KSP-1.0.zip

I find Hyperedit an excellent tool for testing lander's and such and have used it for quite a long time well done Hyper edit team

Thanks for your support! We appreciate you taking the time to come in and tell us.

I like to use HyperEdit to copy another planet's attributes over to Kerbin, making repeated test flights a snap.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you please post or send us more information about what is preventing you from seeing our site? I'm curious just what this is about, as I want our site to work for everyone and our content is intended for all ages.

Thanks in advance!

Gratz on the stats.

I guess this is kind of a 'feature request'. Hyper edit is invaluable for testing landers, it would be great if it could also be useful for testing aerocapture designs. Maybe I just don't know how to drive the orbit editor. If you could set up a hyperbolic orbit that would be great; (radius, pe, prograde velocity). Maybe the hyperbolic is complex (find the direction vector to make it work etc) but a (radius, velocity) and pointing straight at the planet would let one easily put a ship near SOI and tweak the pe by hand.

What do you think?

Maybe I just don't know how to drive the orbit editor. If you could set up a hyperbolic orbit that would be great;

Hyperbolic orbits are in Hyperedit already. Click Orbit, then click "graphical." Go into map mode and play with the sliders to see what they do.

• 2 weeks later...

open a command prompt and try the following:

ping kerbaltek.com

It should look like:

>ping kerbaltek.com

Pinging kerbaltek.com [74.220.215.94] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 74.220.215.94: bytes=32 time=68ms TTL=54

Ping statistics for 74.220.215.94:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 68ms, Maximum = 68ms, Average = 68ms

If you can get to it via a proxy, then you have something which is blocking you.

Hey, great mod but i am having few problems:

1. I cannot land..... (using ksp 1.0.4 and other mods kas,near future,kerbal enginner )

2. Cannot open site without proxy..

http://i.imgur.com/s1caMK5.png

Please give more details about your attempts to land. Describe each step you're doing, and where the problem starts.

As mentioned, the problem you describe with the site must be something on your own PC, your local network, or with your Internet Service Provider (ISP).

Hello, I was wondering how you change the SOI on a planet. for example I relocated gilly into a 1 000 000m orbit around kerbin, but whenever I try to intersect it "interfears" within 1m?!?!

Using Orbit Editor, choose the planet with Currently editing, then select the SOI with Reference body.

As for the issue of "intersect" and "interfears", I'd need more details to know what you mean.

I hope this helps.

Please give more details about your attempts to land. Describe each step you're doing, and where the problem starts.

As mentioned, the problem you describe with the site must be something on your own PC, your local network, or with your Internet Service Provider (ISP).

Landing problem:

whenever i enter co-ordinates or select from list and click land here, i am not teleported but my craft stops and starts descending at 1m/s

and second problem is most probably from ISP as i can access via mobile.....

Landing problem:

whenever i enter co-ordinates or select from list and click land here, i am not teleported but my craft stops and starts descending at 1m/s

Please try it without any other mods to see if that works.

EDIT: Sorry, I misunderstood. "Land Here" does just that - it lands your ship at its current location.

To land at the coords you chose, click the "Landing" radio button. This is an issue that we intend to change - to make the lander buttons more intuitive.

Edited by Ezriilc

I just want to praise HyperEdit a bit.

I had a NaN bugged out space station (that would crash the game if I jumped to it). It was not super complex but deleting it and putting it back would have been a bit of a chore.

Based on looking at the vessel in map mode, the problem appeared to be that its orbit was... nonexistent. It was just a point in space with no orbit drawn. So, I loaded up HyperEdit and gave it an orbit. And what do you know, it's back to fully working and accessible in all ways.

I just want to praise HyperEdit a bit.

I had a NaN bugged out space station (that would crash the game if I jumped to it). It was not super complex but deleting it and putting it back would have been a bit of a chore.

Based on looking at the vessel in map mode, the problem appeared to be that its orbit was... nonexistent. It was just a point in space with no orbit drawn. So, I loaded up HyperEdit and gave it an orbit. And what do you know, it's back to fully working and accessible in all ways.

Very cool! Thanks for sharing.

Is your rocketship out of fuel and on a collision course with an asteroid?

Has your space station lost its orbit?

Do you need to test a lander for Eve without all the tediousness of actually launching and traveling there?

Then you need... HYPER EDIT!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.