Ezriilc

[1.7] HyperEdit [v1.5.8, July 10, 2018] - Cheat, Teleporter, Orbit/Planet Editor, & More

Recommended Posts

On 3/28/2018 at 4:52 PM, MikeO89 said:

I had to fumble turning this huge thing almost all the way around before touch down

From memory (and I could be wrong), SAS does operate while "landing".  Find a port that is on the Upside of your craft, turn SAS on, set SAS SFC mode, select Radial Out.  Craft should then rotate to the desired orientation while still settling...

If you don't have an upside port, then select any controllable port/component in your usual "forward" direction, or failing that, any port on the lateral periphery and perform the same procedure as above, except select Normal instead of Radial Out.  That will get you most of the way there (pointing to the horizon) but you will have to fix the roll orientation yourself.  (A considerably easier problem.)

Well, I just re-installed HyperEdit in order to test this and am happy to report that this technique does indeed succeed.

Edited by Hotel26

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MacGregor said:

When will this excellent mod be updated on Ckan

I apologize for the long delay.  :blush:  I'm hoping to have the full release published soon.  When that happens, the update to CKAN will also happen shortly after.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sounds great.

looking forward to having this great mod back.  

I use it all of the time to run tests.

cheers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PossiblyPrecarious said:

how do i input this mod as a .dll?

Instructions are on our site:  http://www.kerbaltek.com/hyperedit

Just put the .dll file inside the Kerbaltek folder (inside GameData; make it if you don't have it), and remove any other copies of HyperEdit.

Edited by Ezriilc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/18/2018 at 12:57 AM, Ezriilc said:

Instructions are on our site:  http://www.kerbaltek.com/hyperedit

Just put the .dll file inside the Kerbaltek folder (inside GameData; make it if you don't have it), and remove any other copies of HyperEdit.

do i download the 1.3.1 compatible version and replace the .dll with the 1.4.1 compatible .dll?

EDIT: Nevermind, i read the directions wrong

EDIT OF THE EDIT: wait, it doesn't work...

Edited by PossiblyPrecarious

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PossiblyPrecarious said:

do i download the 1.3.1 compatible version and replace the .dll with the 1.4.1 compatible .dll?

EDIT: Nevermind, i read the directions wrong

EDIT OF THE EDIT: wait, it doesn't work...

It will work if you follow the directions.  I promise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Ezriilc said:

It will work if you follow the directions.  I promise.

 

well, i downloaded the 1.3.1 version instead and somehow, the kraken smiled down on me and it worked :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, PossiblyPrecarious said:

 

well, i downloaded the 1.3.1 version instead and somehow, the kraken smiled down on me and it worked :D

That's great!  Thanks for the follow-up. :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Virtualgenius said:

Is there going to be a 1.4.3 release

Yes, and I apologize for the long delay.  But also, I've been told that our latest BETA-3 works in KSP 1.4.3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Program works the way it is in 1.4.3. I just put a couple of Mun bases up with it and it worked fine. My only complaint with it remains it using a different method of displaying coordinates. It's been explained here how to convert but my dumb butt still doesn't entirely get it and is it still a hassle to me to do it on the fly (it doesn't compute in my head). I don't know why it chose to use a different method than what the game uses. Other than that, this mod definitely does have it's uses. I have some cool bases on the Mun that I would never have been able to put there otherwise.

Edited by MikeO89

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MikeO89 said:

Program works the way it is in 1.4.3. I just put a couple of Mun bases up with it and it worked fine. My only complaint with it remains it using a different method of displaying coordinates. It's been explained here how to convert but my dumb butt still doesn't entirely get it and is it still a hassle to me to do it on the fly. I don't know why it chose to use a different method than what the game uses. Other than than, this mod definitely does have it's uses. I have some cool bases on the Mun that I would never have been able to put there otherwise.

Thanks for the report.

I've added the coords thing as an issue here:  https://github.com/Ezriilc/HyperEdit/issues/54

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Ezriilc I just try to keep all the mods the same generation as the game less hassles that way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Virtualgenius said:

Thanks Ezriilc I just try to keep all the mods the same generation as the game less hassles that way

I understand, and I'd bet that is a good plan.  Oddly enough, I don't really use mods, so I'm no expert in that regard.  :0.0:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hellbus said:

I can't download it. I get a 403 error on your site when I try.

Please try with a different browser and/or disabling any browser plugins.

If you still need help, please copy the exact and full error message you're getting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, tonimark said:

plz update for ksp 1.4.4

plz don't ask that.  The author of this mod is under no obligation to update and doesn't owe you anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, tonimark said:

plz update for ksp 1.4.4

Sadly, The Creator is no longer part of the project, so it is left to me to care for it.  Because I'm not fluent in C# enough to properly update the code, I'm somewhat stuck.  :blush:  Most times, someone in this great community saves me by volunteering new code, and/or testing.

4 hours ago, OhioBob said:

plz don't ask that.  The author of this mod is under no obligation to update and doesn't owe you anything.

I don't mind anyone asking for an update - especially when you say "please".  It's fine.  :D  Just understand that there may be quite a long wait.

I would ask that you try our latest BETA-3 version with KSP 1.4.4 to see if it works, and report back to us here if you can.  Your assessment could lead me to a fix that I can handle, or inspire someone to jump in here and help.

Please, everyone, feel free to contact me any time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good news everyone!

I've just published a new release of HyperEdit v1.5.8, built for KSP v1.4.4.  It also works for 1.4.1, 1.4.2, and 1.4.3.

As always, please let me know if there are any issues.

Thanks to the community for helping me get this done.

http://www.Kerbaltek.com/hyperedit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Ezriilc said:

Good news everyone!

I've just published a new release of HyperEdit v1.5.8, built for KSP v1.4.4.  It also works for 1.4.1, 1.4.2, and 1.4.3.

As always, please let me know if there are any issues.

Thanks to the community for helping me get this done.

http://www.Kerbaltek.com/hyperedit

When I attempt to download http://www.kerbaltek.com/_downloads/hyperedit/HyperEdit-1.5.8_for-KSP-1.4.4.zip  I get "403 Forbidden".  :huh:

Edited by Supercheese

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Supercheese said:

When I attempt to download http://www.kerbaltek.com/_downloads/hyperedit/HyperEdit-1.5.8_for-KSP-1.4.4.zip  I get "403 Forbidden".  :huh:

That means you're either trying to hotlink to my files (a no-no), or your browser is misbehaving due to plugins or some such.

Please try it again with a different browser and/or with all plugins disabled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.