Ezriilc

[1.7] HyperEdit [v1.5.8, July 10, 2018] - Cheat, Teleporter, Orbit/Planet Editor, & More

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, PTGFlyer said:

Can I use HyperEdit to move an asteroid? If so, how? I want a refueling station but I also really don’t want to drag an asteroid all the way back to Kerbin.

I’m using 1.1.3 if that matters.

You can edit the orbit of any body on the list, which includes asteroids, and my tests do allow me to move them.  However, the Lander only works on the current vessel, which cannot be switched to an asteroid, so it's not possible to bring one all the way to the ground.

Keep in mind, my tests are only with the current versions of KSP (v1.5) and HyperEdit (v1.5.8).

Sorry for the delay, and I hope this helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Ezriilc said:

You can edit the orbit of any body on the list, which includes asteroids, and my tests do allow me to move them.  However, the Lander only works on the current vessel, which cannot be switched to an asteroid, so it's not possible to bring one all the way to the ground.

Keep in mind, my tests are only with the current versions of KSP (v1.5) and HyperEdit (v1.5.8).

Sorry for the delay, and I hope this helps.

You're fine. I don't want to bring it to the ground, just set it up in a circular 80km orbit because I want an asteroid space station but also don't want to go through all the hassle of capturing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, PTGFlyer said:

You're fine. I don't want to bring it to the ground, just set it up in a circular 80km orbit because I want an asteroid space station but also don't want to go through all the hassle of capturing it.

Please come back and tell us about your exploits.  :prograde:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just stopping here to say, that this mod is invaluable during testing phases of Bon Voyage :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, maja said:

Just stopping here to say, that this mod is invaluable during testing phases of Bon Voyage :) 

I'm glad that you get good use of it.  Testing is almost all I do with HyperEdit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ezriilc said:

Please come back and tell us about your exploits.  :prograde:

I will at some point. I'm more focused on Career now, but I just wasted too much fuel getting the angle for Minmus right. I've got a stage left, but if my second-to-last stage doesn't get me most of the way there, I'll just de-orbit and try again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jebediah has safely splashed down on return from Minmus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just updated KSP to 1.5, and disappointingly, all edited celestial bodies returned to their original positions. Extremely frustrating because I had several probes on encounters with edited planets. Also odd, as I seem to recall their positions being saved after updating from 1.3 to 1.4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

Just updated KSP to 1.5, and disappointingly, all edited celestial bodies returned to their original positions. Extremely frustrating because I had several probes on encounters with edited planets. Also odd, as I seem to recall their positions being saved after updating from 1.3 to 1.4.

I would not have predicted that.  I'm pretty sure that nothing about the Planet Editor was changed from KSP v1.4 to 1.5, so I'm stumped.  Unless you've deleted the configuration file, I can't think of why that would happen.

Sorry I can't be of any help.  :blush:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

Just updated KSP to 1.5, and disappointingly, all edited celestial bodies returned to their original positions. Extremely frustrating because I had several probes on encounters with edited planets. Also odd, as I seem to recall their positions being saved after updating from 1.3 to 1.4.

I can confirm having this issue also.  I had a beta version of Hyperedit prior to transitioning over to KSP 1.5, and I discarded it in lieu of the latest official version, and now the celestial bodies' positions aren't being loaded. (Unfortunately I already deleted the old .dll)  The configuration files are still there, it's just like Hyperedit isn't reading them for some reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, thelukeshow said:

I can confirm having this issue also.  I had a beta version of Hyperedit prior to transitioning over to KSP 1.5, and I discarded it in lieu of the latest official version, and now the celestial bodies' positions aren't being loaded. (Unfortunately I already deleted the old .dll)  The configuration files are still there, it's just like Hyperedit isn't reading them for some reason.

I will investigate this.  Thanks for the reports, both of you!  :cool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@sslaptnhablhat and @thelukeshow,

I am so far unable to reproduce the issue of Planet Editor failing to reload changes on game start-up and when manually reloading the config files.  Are you sure that you're using the latest HyperEdit (v1.5.8 as of this post)?  If so, please try making some new changes and then saving them.

We moved the config files a couple versions back, so I wonder if it's just reading the wrong file location.  When in doubt, please try an entirely new install of the latest KSP and HyperEdit without any other mods.

EDIT:  I'm a complete doofus!  I was still using KSP 1.4.5.  I'm updating now and will re-test.

EDIT EDIT:  Even after updating, I still can't reproduce this problem.

Edited by Ezriilc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Questioning others' update habits while forgetting to check my own is a delicious form of failure - public and egregious.  :0.0:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@sslaptnhablhat and @thelukeshow,

So, even after installing fresh copies of KSP and Making History (both v1.5.1), and HyperEdit (v1.5.8), I still can't reproduce the problem of Planet Editor not reloading the config files.  :unsure:  Specifically, I've changed Kerbin to have no atmosphere, and then after saving the config files, shutting down the game, and restarting it, my altered Kerbin settings are automatically loaded as expected.

But I don't want to dismiss this out of hand if ya'all are still having trouble.  Please let me know if you learn anything new.

Edited by Ezriilc
Added specific version numbers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Ezriilc said:

@sslaptnhablhat and @thelukeshow,

So, even after installing fresh copies of KSP, Making History, and HyperEdit, I still can't reproduce the problem of Planet Editor not reloading the config files.  :unsure:  Specifically, I've changed Kerbin to have no atmosphere, and then after saving the config files, shutting down the game, and restarting it, my altered Kerbin settings are automatically loaded as expected.

But I don't want to dismiss this out of hand if ya'all are still having trouble.  Please let me know if you learn anything new.

Hmm, thanks for the help, but it seems I can't replicate my issue either. I did uninstall and reinstall a whole bunch of mods (not Hyperedit) before updating to 1.5, though I don't know what that could've done, if anything.

Edited by sslaptnhablhat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ezriilc said:

@sslaptnhablhat and @thelukeshow,

So, even after installing fresh copies of KSP and Making History (both v1.5.1), and HyperEdit (v1.5.8), I still can't reproduce the problem of Planet Editor not reloading the config files.  :unsure:  Specifically, I've changed Kerbin to have no atmosphere, and then after saving the config files, shutting down the game, and restarting it, my altered Kerbin settings are automatically loaded as expected.

But I don't want to dismiss this out of hand if ya'all are still having trouble.  Please let me know if you learn anything new.

Turns out I'm a bit of a doofus too.  I removed the old config files, opened KSP, re-edited the orbits of the Mun and Minmus, saved, exited KSP, restarted, and voila!  It worked!  Don't know why it didn't work before, but all's good now!  Crisis averted!  (Oh, and thank you so much for your feedback!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

Hmm, thanks for the help, but it seems I can't replicate my issue either. I did uninstall and reinstall a whole bunch of mods (not Hyperedit) before updating to 1.5, though I don't know what that could've done, if anything.

14 minutes ago, thelukeshow said:

Turns out I'm a bit of a doofus too.  I removed the old config files, opened KSP, re-edited the orbits of the Mun and Minmus, saved, exited KSP, restarted, and voila!  It worked!  Don't know why it didn't work before, but all's good now!  Crisis averted!  (Oh, and thank you so much for your feedback!)

Well, feel free to let me/us know if you have any other input.  It is interesting that 2 peeps experienced it.

EDIT:  And thank you both for taking the time to report and follow-up.  :science::D

Good launching!  :prograde:

Edited by Ezriilc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When using the landing feature on Earth (RSS) i always get put 653KM above the earth, for any altitude. Any clue what could be happening?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Someone2018 said:

When using the landing feature on Earth (RSS) i always get put 653KM above the earth, for any altitude. Any clue what could be happening?

Well, my instinct is that it may have something to do with RSS.  I don't use mods, so I'm no expert.

Do you have any other mods installed?  Have you tried it without them?  Maybe with just HyperEdit and RSS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ezriilc said:

Well, my instinct is that it may have something to do with RSS.  I don't use mods, so I'm no expert.

Do you have any other mods installed?  Have you tried it without them?  Maybe with just HyperEdit and RSS.

Actually the interaction issue is with principia, and it seems to be that i either get put at the initial orbit around a planet that i see for a split second. Or inside the planet.

Any tips on how to debug this? Like how does hyperedit change the location.

EDIT: It seems a more fundemental problem where there is interference with principia's integrators.

Edited by Someone2018

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Someone2018 said:

Actually the interaction issue is with principia, and it seems to be that i either get put at the initial orbit around a planet that i see for a split second. Or inside the planet.

Any tips on how to debug this? Like how does hyperedit change the location.

I'm sorry, but I don't have any tips to offer - I'm not The Creator, and not fully fluent in C# or the KSP API.  I do, however, know a little bit, and I maintain the code on GitHub: https://github.com/Ezriilc/HyperEdit

I'm quite open to making changes to improve integration with other mods or whatever, so if you learn anything helpful, please come back and let us know, either there, here, or on my site.  Thanks in advance!  :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Ezriilc said:

I'm sorry, but I don't have any tips to offer - I'm not The Creator, and not fully fluent in C# or the KSP API.  I do, however, know a little bit, and I maintain the code on GitHub: https://github.com/Ezriilc/HyperEdit

I'm quite open to making changes to improve integration with other mods or whatever, so if you learn anything helpful, please come back and let us know, either there, here, or on my site.  Thanks in advance!  :D

I doubt I’ll find anything, because principia takes over the simulation of positions of crafts and planets and uses the full history of a craft to determine where it will go next. But if I ever discover a way I’ll let you know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can I edit the time a vessel was launched using HyperEdit? If not, any suggestions?

I placed a RTG wrong on a relay, want to make another craft with it right, put it in the same place, and adjust the time and delete the old one.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MaximumThrust said:

Can I edit the time a vessel was launched using HyperEdit? If not, any suggestions?

I placed a RTG wrong on a relay, want to make another craft with it right, put it in the same place, and adjust the time and delete the old one.

Thanks!

Build the ship as it should be, then edit your save to replace the wrong ship with the right one? I'm pretty sure Hyperedit just works on the ship as it is, rather than on any of the data about where it's been and when.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.