[1.12] HyperEdit [v1.5.8, July 10, 2018] - Cheat, Teleporter, Orbit/Planet Editor, & More

Ezriilc

17 hours ago, Kerbinidiel said:

i know with Kopernicus i can make all i want, but is too colplicated.... hyperedit looks simple... but how i can make this things with it?

I think 'making things' with HyperEdit is more of a stepping stone to making things with Kopernicus. You can edit a world's properties in real time with HyperEdit, but you can also do so with Kittopia Tech, a real-time editor for Kopernicus. My understanding is the values displayed in HyperEdit may be copied to a Kopernicus configuration.

Or use both HyperEdit and Kittopia at the same time; HyperEdit to edit the world, Kittopia to save the changes to a Kopernicus configuration.

18 hours ago, Kerbinidiel said:

hi, i need one explaination about the "planet editor"

i tested it with Mun...

add the atmosphere... done

add oxygen in the atmosphere... done

add oceans... this command not change nothing on Mun...

i cant add oceans on Mun but can do it on another planet or what?

EDIT:

i made another test on Duna... i cant add ocean by clicking the "ocean" button... and another strange thing adding oxygen in atmosphere i cant remove the helmet because the atmosphere have the air too rarefied....

this tool can really add breatheable atmosphere and oceans on every planet? i missing something? or it not work properly?

i know with Kopernicus i can make all i want, but is too colplicated.... hyperedit looks simple... but how i can make this things with it?

i hope someone can explain if is possible or not

I'm sorry, but I don't know the answer.  :blush:  It sounds like you're doing things right (not missing something), but I haven't tested those functions in quite a while.

8 hours ago, Gordon Fecyk said:

I think 'making things' with HyperEdit is more of a stepping stone to making things with Kopernicus. You can edit a world's properties in real time with HyperEdit, but you can also do so with Kittopia Tech, a real-time editor for Kopernicus. My understanding is the values displayed in HyperEdit may be copied to a Kopernicus configuration.

Or use both HyperEdit and Kittopia at the same time; HyperEdit to edit the world, Kittopia to save the changes to a Kopernicus configuration.

my problem is not the saving changes... but the editing... with Hyperedit i tried to add oxygen on atmosphere, but not working on all the star bodies... and tried to add oceans but nothing happened...

i tried to use Kittopia but is very too complicated, i thing to make something wrong because i cant add oceans too and other some interesting thing like the rings around the planets..

8 hours ago, Ezriilc said:

I'm sorry, but I don't know the answer.  :blush:  It sounds like you're doing things right (not missing something), but I haven't tested those functions in quite a while.

if you can test it, thanks! i prefer use only Hyperedit without Kopernicus and Kittopia if possible

• 4 weeks later...

@Ezriilc, I´ve gotta ask: have you ever played Space Engineers? ´Cause, with all the C# knowledge from your head, an application like HyperEdit could perform some miracles over there! :D 

Yeah, there already exist the "Admin Tools" menu, but it´s not the same....

Just saying.
:cool:

1 minute ago, Cataclism said:

@Ezriilc, I´ve gotta ask: have you ever played Space Engineers? ´Cause, with all the C# knowledge from your head, an application like HyperEdit could perform some miracles over there! :D 

Yeah, there already exist the "Admin Tools" menu, but it´s not the same....

Just saying.
:cool:

I have not, but my son loves it, and I frequently see him play it.  Whenever I find/hear of other spaceship building games, my mind cannot help but pine for KSP, so I always end up coming back to it.

As for my C# knowledge, it wouldn't fill half a Mk1 Lander Can.  Although I do manage things at Kerbaltek, my contributions to HyperEdit's code are few and far between.  You see, HyperEdit was passed into my custody when The Creator could no longer care for it.  They've since returned to the team, but don't have much time to spare, so I rely heavily on the kindness of the community to keep us afloat.  Mostly I just make the coffee and try to keep things tidy.  :wink:

• 1 month later...

Good news everyone!

I've received information that HyperEdit still works in KSP 1.7, so I've updated our version info here and in our repo on GitHub (for CKAN).

As always, please let me know if you have any issues, and thanks!

That is all.  :D

I'm having a weird issue using the lander function. I landed a vessel on Minmus at a specific set of coordinates. I want to land other vessels right next to it, but if I enter the same set of coordinates it lands me a couple of km away. The fine tune functions seem to be bugged out as well, as they only move me away from the landing target.

Appreciate this is a bit vague, happy to post mod lists and screenshots tomorrow if no one has any immediate ideas! 

10 minutes ago, itchyrain said:

I'm having a weird issue using the lander function. I landed a vessel on Minmus at a specific set of coordinates. I want to land other vessels right next to it, but if I enter the same set of coordinates it lands me a couple of km away. The fine tune functions seem to be bugged out as well, as they only move me away from the landing target.

Appreciate this is a bit vague, happy to post mod lists and screenshots tomorrow if no one has any immediate ideas! 

Yea, that's a thing.  :blush:  I'm sorry, but nobody has been able to eliminate this issue yet.  I didn't create HyperEdit, and I'm not good at C# or the KSP API, but I do keep track of issues in our GitHub repository - #41 & #44 are relevant.  Feel free to add anything you think is important, and anyone is welcome to submit code if they can fix it.

https://github.com/Ezriilc/HyperEdit/issues

Edited by Ezriilc

1 hour ago, Ezriilc said:

Yea, that's a thing.  :blush:  I'm sorry, but nobody has been able to eliminate this issue yet.  I didn't create HyperEdit, and I'm not good at C# or the KSP API, but I do keep track of issues in our GitHub repository - #41 & #44 are relevant.  Feel free to add anything you think is important, and anyone is welcome to submit code if they can fix it.

https://github.com/Ezriilc/HyperEdit/issues

Ah no worries - thought I was doing something wrong, it was driving me insane! Thanks for the swift reply :)

3 hours ago, itchyrain said:

Have you tried vessel mover? Use hyperedit to get there, and vesselmover to place is exactly.

Edited by 5thHorseman

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/25/2019 at 6:11 PM, 5thHorseman said:

Have you tried vessel mover? Use hyperedit to get there, and vesselmover to place is exactly.

Thanks for this excellent suggestion.  Vesselmover works great. I am currently on ksp 1.5.  However, i am concerned about future releases of ksp. Maybe ksp 1.7 or ksp 1.8 will break  HyperEdit completely.  KSP with out HyperEdit is not worth playing. :o LOL. 

KSP 1.5 has the set orbit cheat so  that part is covered.  Are you aware of any mods currently in development that will give players the ability to move craft to the surface of another planet?  

@@Ezriilc, thanks for your work maintaining HyperEdit.

Edited by DaveLister9999

53 minutes ago, DaveLister9999 said:

Thanks for this excellent suggestion.  Vesselmover works great. I am currently on ksp 1.5.  However, i am concerned about future releases of ksp. Maybe ksp 1.7 or ksp 1.8 will break  HyperEdit completely.  KSP with out HyperEdit is not worth playing. :o LOL. 

KSP 1.5 has the set orbit cheat so  that part is covered.  Are you aware of any mods currently in development that will give players the ability to move craft to the surface of another planet?  

@@Ezriilc, thanks for your work maintaining HyperEdit.

First, you are very welcome - it's my pleasure, and I'm glad you find it useful.  Second, I promise to keep doing my best to update HyperEdit, with the great help from the community of course.  :D

Hello, @Ezriilc !

I have been reading a few comments, and I don´t know if this small issue is part of others... every time I save the coordinates in a negative latitude, whenever I LOAD them, a small error occurs, and it pulls an invalid (red) coordinate. Let´s say, if the saved Lat is -5, Hyper pulls off a red/wrong 355.... Maybe it´s part of the same stuff involving the autolander precision... ?

3 minutes ago, Cataclism said:

Hello, @Ezriilc !

I have been reading a few comments, and I don´t know if this small issue is part of others... every time I save the coordinates in a negative latitude, whenever I LOAD them, a small error occurs, and it pulls an invalid (red) coordinate. Let´s say, if the saved Lat is -5, Hyper pulls off a red/wrong 355.... Maybe it´s part of the same stuff involving the autolander precision... ?

Yea, that is a thing.  I believe it's related to this issue: https://github.com/Ezriilc/HyperEdit/issues/62

At one point I did look at that code, but it wasn't clear to me what to do with it.  I suppose there could be some connection between the 2 issues.

Sorry I'm not much help.  :blush:

Hey @Ezriilc, glad this mod is still current and working nicely. It really is a fantastic tool for testing designs.
One wee request though; could you move the settings .cfg files into a PluginData folder so ModuleManager will ignore any changes to them. As it is if you move a HE window then next time you start KSP module manager does a re-process of all the modules which adds to loading times. Thanks!

4 minutes ago, katateochi said:

Hey @Ezriilc, glad this mod is still current and working nicely. It really is a fantastic tool for testing designs.
One wee request though; could you move the settings .cfg files into a PluginData folder so ModuleManager will ignore any changes to them. As it is if you move a HE window then next time you start KSP module manager does a re-process of all the modules which adds to loading times. Thanks!

We actually did this once before, and decided to put it back.  I'm not entirely sure why for either.  I should read back over this thread to remember what happened.

I am open to discussion about this, and I want to go with whatever the consensus is.

On 6/2/2019 at 7:39 PM, Ezriilc said:

We actually did this once before, and decided to put it back.  I'm not entirely sure why for either.

huh, interesting. I wonder why, there must have been a good reason. 
Well my vote, would be to go with the ModuleManager convention

• 2 weeks later...

Some very nice people (thanks!) pointed out to me that "someone" has uploaded unauthorized copies of HyperEdit and/or Graphotron to the Spacedock website without my permission.

Please don't download from there, and report any such activity to me.

As always, if anyone ever has any issues with the Kerbaltek.com website, or downloading our mods, feel free to let me know.  I promise to address them right away, as best I can.

Thanks again to those who reported this.  :wub:

Edited by Ezriilc
typos, derp

• 3 weeks later...

EDIT:  This is in answer to @Rabblerouser.  Rabble rabble! [while sliding on face]

I'm just that good!  All you have to do is think of asking for help, and BAM!

But seriously, I've never seen that particular behavior before, and I'm glad it resolved itself.

If you have the problem again, please let us know.  Give us all the versions of everything you're using so we can do some testing.

Good luck!  :)

Edited by Ezriilc

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Nicaz said:

It is not working on 1.7.3 at least I can not get it to work

I'm sorry you're having trouble, but all my tests show HyperEdit working just fine. 

Perhaps you could give us some detail about what exact problem you're having.  Please include the full versions of everything you're using, including all mods, OS, install path, etc..  Please also provide a step-by-step guide to recreate the issue.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.