[1.12] HyperEdit [v1.5.8, July 10, 2018] - Cheat, Teleporter, Orbit/Planet Editor, & More

Ezriilc

The guy you took over from had a listing. When you put your listing up' date=' that's why it was forcing the 2 because it already existed. It may not be visible any longer, but it's still in the database and needs a unique URL. Cheers! [b']Capt'n Skunky KSP Community Manager
K, Thanks!

Many thanks for that. :) - Heads to the home of Hyperedit to grab the latest :)
The wise ones always stand out. :) We have other stuff there now too. I've started posting my favorite ships and screenshots, and I'll post any that are sent in as well. Who knows, I might even put up a forum so ya'all can post yourself. Whatever ya want.

Capt said:
If you want to continue with this attitude, you will find yourself unwelcome here.

EDIT by Ezriilc: This site is not letting me add text outside of this quote box, so I'm putting it here.  It appears that some posts had been removed from this thread, and I thought that what's left should be corrected to show who said what.  So, here's my original reply to the quote above (and others that are now missing):

Ezriilc said:

If you honestly feel the need to ban me because of anything I've said here, or anywhere else, then by all means do what you feel you must. I think I've been quite respectful, fair, complete, and clear in all of my statements and rebuttals; I think they don't amount to what you accuse, and if anything I've said personally offended you, then I'm truly sorry for that. Otherwise, I genuinely believe my words are absolutely defensible and appropriate. If you have a differing opinion, then I suppose that gives you the right to ban me for it. Whatever you choose, I wish you well, and I thank you and the entire community for your efforts.

...[goes back to playing KSP]

Edited by Ezriilc
For honesty.

I seem to be encountering an error while using HyperEdit.

In my attempts to create a Jovian (Joolian?) system, being every body in the Kerbol system orbiting Jool, (minus Kerbol itself :P) I've been getting two major problems; The first of which is when i try to launch an aircraft or spaceship, it spawns in space in orbit around Kerbin. This one's cause I've determined was KSC being in another body's SOI (please correct me if I'm wrong) which was easily fixed once i figured that out. The other problem's cause eludes me - And forgive me if this has been brought up before - but when i get the system to my liking and eventually exit the game and return later, I've found the Kerbol system in its original condition. Is this fixable? or am i just being ignorant?

I'd appreciate any help you could offer.

Additionally i have a feature request; when you are editing a planet or moon's orbit, it would be nice to see the extent of it's SOI in some way.

Thank you for your time and any help you could offer, and Good Day.

I seem to be encountering an error while using HyperEdit. In my attempts to create a Jovian (Joolian?) system, being every body in the Kerbol system orbiting Jool, (minus Kerbol itself :P) I've been getting two major problems; The first of which is when i try to launch an aircraft or spaceship, it spawns in space in orbit around Kerbin. This one's cause I've determined was KSC being in another body's SOI (please correct me if I'm wrong) which was easily fixed once i figured that out. The other problem's cause eludes me - And forgive me if this has been brought up before - but when i get the system to my liking and eventually exit the game and return later, I've found the Kerbol system in its original condition. Is this fixable? or am i just being ignorant? I'd appreciate any help you could offer. Additionally i have a feature request; when you are editing a planet or moon's orbit, it would be nice to see the extent of it's SOI in some way. Thank you for your time and any help you could offer, and Good Day.
Persistence across saves is on our list.

Additionally i have a feature request; when you are editing a planet or moon's orbit, it would be nice to see the extent of it's SOI in some way.

Extended SOI means higher gravity force, thus higher density. So you'll have to increase mass or decrease volume of the planet. But it sounds doable :)

Extended SOI means higher gravity force, thus higher density. So you'll have to increase mass or decrease volume of the planet. But it sounds doable :)
I'm not sure this addresses what Chr0n0sphere was asking. I think they mean that they'd like to see some visual reference to the SOI when editing an orbit, is that right Chr0n0sphere? It is a great idea, and I'll add that to our list of ToDos. It may just be some numbers at first, but it should help with knowing where one ends and another begins. Does this touch on what you meant?

I'm not sure this addresses what Chr0n0sphere was asking. I think they mean that they'd like to see some visual reference to the SOI when editing an orbit, is that right Chr0n0sphere? It is a great idea, and I'll add that to our list of ToDos. It may just be some numbers at first, but it should help with knowing where one ends and another begins. Does this touch on what you meant?

Yes, that's exactly what I meant. That was the most difficult part of reorganizing the system. Thank you :D

I am, however, disappointed that the system will always revert back. But I understand; Greatness takes time.

I am, however, disappointed that the system will always revert back. But I understand; Greatness takes time.
I can understand that, considering the work to reorganize. To be honest, I've never moved a planet, let alone thought about reorganizing the entire system. As I think of it, it's a huge thing, but if I can get a handle on persistence, then even that should work. I'll move it up our priority list.

Thanks for letting us know what you want out of HyperEdit. It means a lot. :)

Edited by Ezriilc
line breaks are still boogered from the last vBulletin update

I can understand that, considering the work to reorganize. To be honest, I've never moved a planet, let alone thought about reorganizing the entire system. As I think of it, it's a huge thing, but if I can get a handle on persistence, then even that should work. I'll move it up our priority list.

Thanks for letting us know what you want out of HyperEdit. It means a lot. :)

Well, to be honest, it was the third or fourth time i've reorganized the system. :P And reorganizing the system is a surprising amount of fun... And it gives some absolutely stunning views. But it's easier once you get a setup you like, so setting it back up won't be too hard (after all, I recorded the orbital info before i quit KSP)

HyperEdit has always been one of my favorite plugins, and i look forward to where it will go.

--And thank you for the quick response.

I've got an idea for the to-do list if it's not already on there;

the ability to alter the rotational properties of a planet, including an option for "make tidally locked to parent" and an altitude display for geosynchronous altitude for current rotational velocity.

also, assuming the game engine supports it, maybe the option to have a planet or moon either rotate on multiple axes or rotate off-plane. having a planet with seasons because of an inclined rotation would be great.

I've got an idea for the to-do list if it's not already on there; the ability to alter the rotational properties of a planet, including an option for "make tidally locked to parent" and an altitude display for geosynchronous altitude for current rotational velocity. also, assuming the game engine supports it, maybe the option to have a planet or moon either rotate on multiple axes or rotate off-plane. having a planet with seasons because of an inclined rotation would be great.
Good one! On the list.

I've heard that I can use hyperedit to change a planets atmosphere color, is that true?
Absolutely true! The new Planet Editor component allows you to change the atmosphere's color, height, pressure, make-up, etc., and can also change the gravity, as well as copy one planet's parameters over to another.

Making Kerbin just like the Mun allows for some easy testing of Munar landers and such.

Have fun! :)

Edited by Ezriilc
typos, crappy forum editor

So, when I click "Go Advanced" in Firefox, I no longer get the fancy editor, but it still works in Internet Exploder. I've tried shutting down Ad-Blocker-Plus and pausing Ghostery, but no love. Anyone having this problem or figured it out yet?

Did anyone else notice the new, random, adult-only ads on this forum?

So, when I click "Go Advanced" in Firefox, I no longer get the fancy editor, but it still works in Internet Exploder. I've tried shutting down Ad-Blocker-Plus and pausing Ghostery, but no love. Anyone having this problem or figured it out yet?

Did anyone else notice the new, random, adult-only ads on this forum?

I'm on chrome and I get the same problem. Clicking the button a second time after the little loading spinner pops up works for me every time without fail, might be an element priority error in the page scripting.

Also, wouldn't this question be better suited to the tech support thread of the forums and not the Hyperedit thread? #DerailingTopics

Man i havnt use this in a while. Changing atmospheric properties sounds awesome >:D time to strip laythe clean of air EDIT: found out that it doesnt change the visual colour of the atmo. Hope thats being worked on

Edited by rasheed

I'm on chrome and I get the same problem. Clicking the button a second time after the little loading spinner pops up works for me every time without fail, might be an element priority error in the page scripting.
That happens when I click "Reply With Quote", but AFTER clicking "Go Advanced", I used to see the fancy editor buttons, and now I get nothing more than the regular editor, and linebreaks and stuff are being mostly ignored, whereas normal HTML seems to work fine - until the preview, then gets turned into BBC code from what I can tell.

Also, wouldn't this question be better suited to the tech support thread of the forums and not the Hyperedit thread? #DerailingTopics
You're absolutely correct. I just thought I'd ask while I was in here, since "tech-support" in other places makes me afraid. I don't want to get yelled at again. :\

well if you don't want to get yelled at, then I think two things would be in order. first, removing that "unwelcome here" tagline. It comes across as childish. Second, Understand that staff are busy people with a high stress load. I'm a moderator on a minecraft server and after just a couple hours watching over just a few people I'm ready to slit throats; these guys on the other hand put up with thousands of people every single day and put up with some of the stupidest questions you can imagine for hours on end.

Treat them in the same way you'd like to be treated after a long, hard day, and I can guarantee you'll get better results.

well if you don't want to get yelled at, then I think two things would be in order. first, removing that "unwelcome here" tagline. It comes across as childish. Second, Understand that staff are busy people with a high stress load. I'm a moderator on a minecraft server and after just a couple hours watching over just a few people I'm ready to slit throats; these guys on the other hand put up with thousands of people every single day and put up with some of the stupidest questions you can imagine for hours on end. Treat them in the same way you'd like to be treated after a long, hard day, and I can guarantee you'll get better results.
In principal, I agree with you 100%.

God mode? You mean Debug?
This will sound sarcastic, no matter how I word it, which I assure you is not my intent, but I feel the need to be complete. It's kinda my thing.

I'm not fully sure what you're asking specifically. But, if you mean to ask if when I say "God Mode" in the description of HyperEdit, that I'm referring to the "debug toolbar" built into KSP and accessed by pressing ALT+f12, then no - I don't mean that. Otherwise, I honestly can't figure what you mean. Sorry if I'm being thick.

The phrase "God Mode" is, as you may know, a generic term used in gaming, for any ability that would only be possible for a god.

Since HyperEdit lets the user manipulate their in-game universe, just like the "God" of the bible, that familiar term seemed appropriate. It's not really a "mode", but the term has little meaning without that word, so I left it in.

I hope that answers your question.

Edited by Ezriilc
typos, clarity, blindness, old-age

Hello, I just discovered this mod today, and it's features look amazing! I have decided to attempt to expand the solar system for myself. Now I am aware that I cannot save planet persistence files in this version, which is 1.2.4.1 so for now I am just going to mess around in an alternate download so i do not destroy any important things in my main save. I have a few quick questions, though about this mod. My first question is is there a way to copy the planets? Like I could copy, say Eve, place it in a far out orbit, readjust the copie's gravity, atmosphere, color, ETC, and name it something else without changing the original? and second, if I can copy planets, is there a way to copy and make orbit, the sun? So i can have a sun with an edited gravity to be much smaller, in orbit around the sun? Thank you in advance for time if answer :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.