[1.12] HyperEdit [v1.5.8, July 10, 2018] - Cheat, Teleporter, Orbit/Planet Editor, & More

Ezriilc

6 hours ago, raxo2222 said:

It would be nice if resource setting limited resource display to lets say 10 or 20 resources.

I managed to break it with adding every KSPI resource tank :P

... snip

Hmmm... that's an idea.  I've made an issue out of it for the record.  https://github.com/Ezriilc/HyperEdit/issues/23

EDIT:  BTW, thanks for the report!

Edited by Ezriilc

It would be nice if mean anomaly (or other variable controlling position) was adjusted on setting orbit, so we always see sunrise when placing our ship on orbit.

This is bit annoying, when you are placed at night side.

10 minutes ago, raxo2222 said:

It would be nice if mean anomaly (or other variable controlling position) was adjusted on setting orbit, so we always see sunrise when placing our ship on orbit.

This is bit annoying, when you are placed at night side.

Good idea, but I don't yet know how to do it.  Here's an issue for tracking:  https://github.com/Ezriilc/HyperEdit/issues/24

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem with KSP 1.2.9 build 1764, and I've made absolutely certain that I installed it properly. There is a "Kerbaltek" folder inside GameData, complete with the HyperEdit DLL inside. I do see the H button, but neither clicking it nor pressing Alt+H seems to do anything, whether I'm controlling a vessel, in the Tracking Station, or anywhere else.

The Debug log outputs "Exception: MissingFieldException: Field '.KeyBinding.primary' not found."

Just a heads-up in case you want to look into it :wink:

Edited by problemecium
exception

2 minutes ago, problemecium said:

I'm having the same problem with KSP 1.2.9 build 1764, and I've made absolutely certain that I installed it properly. There is a "Kerbaltek" folder inside GameData, complete with the HyperEdit DLL inside. I do see the H button, but neither clicking it nor pressing Alt+H seems to do anything, whether I'm controlling a vessel, in the Tracking Station, or anywhere else.

Just a heads-up in case you want to look into it :wink:

Yep, thanks!  That's gonna be a problem.

I'm now officially looking for help to update HyperEdit.

• 2 weeks later...

I found out what the problem is (and was embarrassed about how easy it was, derp). Near the bottom of "Misc" in http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/157804-modders-notes-for-129/ is a note about how the KeyBinding fields were renamed. I'd implement a hotfix and recompile it myself but I'm running out of hard drive space xP

2 minutes ago, problemecium said:

I found out what the problem is (and was embarrassed about how easy it was, derp). Near the bottom of "Misc" in http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/157804-modders-notes-for-129/ is a note about how the KeyBinding fields were renamed. I'd implement a hotfix and recompile it myself but I'm running out of hard drive space xP

Ah, very good!  I will get on this ASAP, likely tomorrow.

Thanks, @problemecium!

I've published a BETA that works in KSP 1.2.9.  All that was needed was to recompile.  Thanks again to @problemecium and the folks in IRC.

http://www.Kerbaltek.com/hyperedit

Sorry for the long delay, folks.  My ignorance of C# keeps me guessing.  :blush:

And in that regard, I am still looking for anyone that can help to maintain HyperEdit and our other mods.  If you know C# and have the time, please take a look at our issues on GitHub.  Thanks in advance!
https://github.com/Ezriilc/HyperEdit/issues

4 hours ago, PrathamK said:

I can't Download it. Add another Link plz, likely for 1.2.2. The Error is :-

"Downloader: 403 Forbidden! Sorry, no direct access"

Try a different browser and/or disable any plugins that may be altering your browser's request.  And of course, make sure you are clicking the link on our site, and not a remote hotlink from any other site. 

12 hours ago, Ezriilc said:

Try a different browser and/or disable any plugins that may be altering your browser's request.  And of course, make sure you are clicking the link on our site, and not a remote hotlink from any other site. 

I have tried on Chrome, ES Downloader and System Browser from Kerbaltek.com, it failed each time but I got a old 1.5.0 version from Other Site.

Edited by PrathamK

So I downloaded Hyper edit recently to just screw around with boats and stuff, until I went to my massive space station in which the mod preceded to spawn the station a few hundred meters above the ocean simultaneously saving the game and destroying the solar panels. I was able to use the mod to put it back into orbit but the panels were still broken. not the end of the world but still really annoying, please fix this.

11 hours ago, guywithasexyhelmet said:

So I downloaded Hyper edit recently to just screw around with boats and stuff, until I went to my massive space station in which the mod preceded to spawn the station a few hundred meters above the ocean simultaneously saving the game and destroying the solar panels. I was able to use the mod to put it back into orbit but the panels were still broken. not the end of the world but still really annoying, please fix this.

HyperEdit doesn't save your game, the game autosaves at certain points on its own.

I recommend you always make a save/backup of your ship and game before doing anything drastic, especially before using any cheat mod.

I'm sorry you're having trouble, but I don't know what you would like us to fix.  HyperEdit does what it is intended to do, generally.

Is it possible to use hyper edit to change the orbital parameters of unloaded vessels (on rails)? Specifically I want to be able to have some sort of small module manager script or something that reduces the SMA of all vessels marked as debris by 1% every kerbin day or something like that, to simulate orbital decay. 

1 hour ago, Errol said:

some sort of small module manager script or something

Wow that got me wondering if MM could touch SFS files and so I tested it out:

@GAME:HAS[#title=Kerbal?Space?Agency?(CAREER)]
{
  @FLIGHTSTATE
  {
    @UT = 0
  }
}

But although it didn't throw an error MM didn't parse this patch. It makes sense now that I think about it, as the game always loads your latest save from the file you choose so it would always overwrite any changes MM made after initial game load. So no, MM is not your answer here. Of course we can always hope @Whitecat106 comes back at some point...

@Drew Kerman I was following whitecat's mod for a while, but I'm hoping to find something simpler then what that mod was going for, and I don't mind simulating an effect like orbital decay at a higher level of abstraction. 

I'm not the best at MM, what is that patch supposed to do? 

Edited by Errol

18 minutes ago, Errol said:

don't mind simulating an effect like orbital decay at a higher level of abstraction. 

same here, in fact whitecat was considering my request of an even simpler decay model that could be incorporated with Arrowstar's KSPTOT mission planner, so I'm really hoping he comes back cause that would be awesome.

19 minutes ago, Errol said:

what is that patch supposed to do? 

Modify the save file of my game and change the game time to 0. Was a bit less-involved than editing the SMA property of a vessel

2 minutes ago, Errol said:

I noticed that you used kerbal space agency instead of kerbal space program....could that be the problem?

No that is the name of my save file. I checked the MM cache and the patch did not apply and like I said you always load save files from disk so regardless of anything MM does as soon as you load your game it would overwrite everything stored in memory with data from the save file

This may have already been asked, but I'm not quite in the mood to scroll through 62 pages of Q&A. :P

I'm running 1.3, and I added the unzipped folder to my "Kerbal Space Program" folder. I opened the game, and tried Alt+H, but it didn't seem to be doing anything. I didn't notice an "H", so I'm not sure whether it was there or not. Anyways, I then manually moved the "Kerbdata" folder into the "Gamedata" folder alongside "Squad". I can now see the "H", but when I click it or do Alt+H, it doesn't do anything. I have tried this in the Space Center view, The VAB view, and when flying an actual vessel, all three of which times neither action seemed to trigger anything. Thanks! -Super

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.