[1.12] HyperEdit [v1.5.8, July 10, 2018] - Cheat, Teleporter, Orbit/Planet Editor, & More

Ezriilc

I used this to make some configs that show Nova's first plans for the solar system. Obviously it does not have the extra gas giants, and I had to make small changes here and there.

I modified the orbits, the rotation, the gravity, and the atmosphere. That DOES mean Moho SHOULD have an atmosphere again, like it did once. Not all rotation, gravity, and atmospheres are edited, because sometimes they stayed the same, and sometimes I just forgot. :P

Javascript is disabled. View full album

DOWNLOAD:

Do I need a license for this? I hope not. I don't want to waste too much time with this, that's why I didn't make this a Kopernicus mod.

http://1drv.ms/1YHrVmH

I used this to make some configs that show Nova's first plans for the solar system. Obviously it does not have the extra gas giants, and I had to make small changes here and there.

I modified the orbits, the rotation, the gravity, and the atmosphere. That DOES mean Moho SHOULD have an atmosphere again, like it did once. Not all rotation, gravity, and atmospheres are edited, because sometimes they stayed the same, and sometimes I just forgot. :P

Do I need a license for this? I hope not. I don't want to waste too much time with this, that's why I didn't make this a Kopernicus mod.

Neat... I guess.

As for a license, do you mean from Squad, or to users? I'm not sure if it counts as "intellectual property" or not, but if it does then I'd think it belongs to Squad. However, I'm not a lawyer and I cannot offer legal advice - bla-bla-bla. :cool:

Neat... I guess.

As for a license, do you mean from Squad, or to users? I'm not sure if it counts as "intellectual property" or not, but if it does then I'd think it belongs to Squad. However, I'm not a lawyer and I cannot offer legal advice - bla-bla-bla. :cool:

No, it's not Squad property because this was based off concepts Nova made BEFORE he joined Squad. Now that I think about it, I realize that I guess it doesn't need a license. All it is is a quick 15 minute hackjob. :)

Hello

First let me say thank you Ezrlilc for Hyperedit - it has been invaluable for playing and testing designs - could not imagine trying to tackle Eve without it

Have noticed what appears to be a bug and it affects how Remote Tech works, but appears to be there even with KSP-1.04 vanilla (using Linux 64bit)

When I use the orbit editor, do a simple jump to Eve on a rocket (Mk1 capsule and a solid rocket motor only), add a maneuver node, the Delta-v required will gradually increase over time.

Strangely, if you go back to space center and then select the vessel to fly again, this delta-v creep does not occur. The creep only occurs during the initial jump. What is even weirder, the creep only seems to occur on the initial jump from the space center. If one jumps to Eve orbit, then Kerbin orbit then back to Eve orbit, no creep.

I have tested this with KSP-1.04 with no other mods than Hyper-Edit. When Remote Tech is added, the delta-v creep confuses the flight computer making it so the engine does not turn off as the end of burn is not properly identified. Understand earlier in the thread there was a problem with MechJeb, maybe this is related as the Remote Tech flight computer leverages the MechJeb calculations.

Again, great mod, jumping back to the space center or a save fixes the problem so is easily manageable

Thank you

VR

dmmarkow

Hello

First let me say thank you Ezrlilc for Hyperedit - it has been invaluable for playing and testing designs - could not imagine trying to tackle Eve without it

Have noticed what appears to be a bug and it affects how Remote Tech works, but appears to be there even with KSP-1.04 vanilla (using Linux 64bit)

When I use the orbit editor, do a simple jump to Eve on a rocket (Mk1 capsule and a solid rocket motor only), add a maneuver node, the Delta-v required will gradually increase over time.

Strangely, if you go back to space center and then select the vessel to fly again, this delta-v creep does not occur. The creep only occurs during the initial jump. What is even weirder, the creep only seems to occur on the initial jump from the space center. If one jumps to Eve orbit, then Kerbin orbit then back to Eve orbit, no creep.

I have tested this with KSP-1.04 with no other mods than Hyper-Edit. When Remote Tech is added, the delta-v creep confuses the flight computer making it so the engine does not turn off as the end of burn is not properly identified. Understand earlier in the thread there was a problem with MechJeb, maybe this is related as the Remote Tech flight computer leverages the MechJeb calculations.

Again, great mod, jumping back to the space center or a save fixes the problem so is easily manageable

Thank you

VR

dmmarkow

Thank you for the kind words and the nicely detailed report. Keep in mind that I did not create HyperEdit - that's khyperia. He also does all the current development and he watches this thread, but he's a very busy guy. I will add this to our list of issues, and make sure he sees it when he gets time.

I have a completely noob question, I spent the better half of this last week, putting together a Space Station and well, "it" is not in the orientation that i would like. Can I use this to alter it?

By orientation I assume you mean attitude or what direction your ship is pointed.

I don't know of any way to change that with HyperEdit. You'll need to build in some torque wheels and/or RCS jets to do that - which all ships need, really. :wink:

By orientation I assume you mean attitude or what direction your ship is pointed.

I don't know of any way to change that with HyperEdit. You'll need to build in some torque wheels and/or RCS jets to do that - which all ships need, really. :wink:

The real bugger about KSP is it just doesn't do (or allow) station keeping on anything you're not looking at. Once you get over 2.5 kilometers away from any vehicle the game locks its rotation and if it's in space it goes "on rails" where the only thing that is allowed to affect it is collision with a planet or moon (or I presume a discovered asteroid) which totally destroys it. If it's in an atmosphere and you get over 2.5 KM away, the game "helpfully" removes the un-landed vehicle - usually.

At times I've had a look back during a launch or shed pieces of a ship (deliberately) during landing and seen the dropped bits persist in atmo quite farther away than 2.5 KM, but nearly always it'll delete them before they hit the surface.

A mod that would keep a ship's orientation relative to the body its orbiting when you're not looking at it, or could safely snap it to the relative orientation it had when last observed, would be quite nice. Of course it would have to drastically fiddle with the physics engine for a bit, preferably without conflicting with Kerbal Joint Reinforcement. KJR already twiddles the physics when you launch a craft or come out of warp or switch to a craft from outside physics range. It helps prevent KSP from ripping things apart with sudden applications of the physics engine.

Once you get over 2.5 kilometers away from any vehicle the game locks its rotation and if it's in space it goes "on rails" where the only thing that is allowed to affect it is collision with a planet or moon (or I presume a discovered asteroid) which totally destroys it. If it's in an atmosphere and you get over 2.5 KM away, the game "helpfully" removes the un-landed vehicle - usually.

At times I've had a look back during a launch or shed pieces of a ship (deliberately) during landing and seen the dropped bits persist in atmo quite farther away than 2.5 KM, but nearly always it'll delete them before they hit the surface.

There is a mod called persistent rotation, which allows rotation to continue during time warp. I'm not sure what exactly it means by that, but it sounds like what you want.

If two ships collide while on-rails, they simply pass through each other without incident. The game counts asteroids as parts, and they count as a separate ship if not attached to anything else, so behave in the same way.

Technically it removes ships when they go beyond physics range in thick atmosphere, at about 0.3 atmospheres of pressure IIRC. And the physics range was increased from 2.5 km to 22.5km in 1.0

There is a mod called persistent rotation, which allows rotation to continue during time warp. I'm not sure what exactly it means by that, but it sounds like what you want.

If two ships collide while on-rails, they simply pass through each other without incident. The game counts asteroids as parts, and they count as a separate ship if not attached to anything else, so behave in the same way.

Technically it removes ships when they go beyond physics range in thick atmosphere, at about 0.3 atmospheres of pressure IIRC. And the physics range was increased from 2.5 km to 22.5km in 1.0

It strikes me that the entire reason a ship goes on rails is very important - to keep lag at a minimum when not interacting with that ship. Any mod that changes this risks making a game with more than a couple ships nigh unplayable. But I could be wrong.

Greetings,

I encountered something weird during a live stream.

I have completely re-orientated my kerbalverse with hyperedit. I believe i have encountered an invisible minmus in it's original orbit. I think it's some remnant stock code.

I have highlighted the portion of the stream should anyone with to watch it however i will also describe it

http://www.twitch.tv/comwarrior69/v/19768589

So, i jumped to a ship that was on an outbound trajectory from kerbins SOI. as soon as i switched to it, the ship was shaking but i thought nothing of it.

I needed to execute a burn and a time warp before the burn. When i tried to execute the burn it told me that i can't warp while moving over the surface.

ALT F2 confirmed that it thought i was below the surface of a planet.

Save game file said the status of my ship was landed but did not tell me what planet.

Thankfully i could still quick load and i found the kerbal alarm clock entry for the previous ship i was piloting.

To test if this was the case, i allowed the alarm (KAC) to pass by several minutes before i switched to the same ship and it was not 'landed'.

This is the first time encountering anything like this, the people watching in my chat, some of which are quite technical suggested this was a phantom minmus, something still hard coded within ksp.

I couldn't see anywhere to report bugs so apologies if i'm posting this in the wrong place.

If you need more info, i'll try to help as much as i can.

I have completely re-orientated my kerbalverse with hyperedit. I believe i have encountered an invisible minmus in it's original orbit. I think it's some remnant stock code.

This is something that we are most likely not able to "fix", however I will put it on our list to check out - when our developer has time.

If you can reduce the steps needed to reproduce this problem and provide download links to your save game and HyperEdit .cfg files, that might help.

Thanks for the report!

• 2 weeks later...
It strikes me that the entire reason a ship goes on rails is very important - to keep lag at a minimum when not interacting with that ship. Any mod that changes this risks making a game with more than a couple ships nigh unplayable. But I could be wrong.

I doubt Persistent Rotation interferes with on-railsâ€â€likely it simply restores orientation for vessels once they become active or are within the physics bubble of an active vessel.

BREAKING NEWS---NEWS YOU COULD USE

It might occur only for me, but Hyperedit seems to break non-stock resource scanning, rendering MKS and Karbonite Scansat scans impossible. I have checked installing all my mods one-by-one, and running KSP - only Hyperedit (1.4.1) proven difficult.

Installed Hyperedit tonight and now the game crashes when I go to launch. Hyperedit worked if i go to the launch pad from the space center but if i try to use it the game crashes. Any help would be awesome.

I don't think that's caused by HyperEdit. Try re-downloading and installing a fresh copy of KSP, then test it. If all works well again, then re-download and install HyperEdit with no other mods.

Can I add planets with HyperEdit? I want to add the gas giants

No, sorry.

- - - Updated - - -

When I try to download from http://www.kerbaltek.com/hyperedit I get the message: DOWNLOADER: Sorry, no direct access.

That's because you're not following a link from our site. Use that link you just posted, and it works just fine. :wink:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.