[WIP] RogueTech 0.4 [July 10th]- New Fuel Transfer Duct!

Would it be possible to make a module to be included in surface attach parts that would make them behave as if they were connected to the thing they're on with a standard fuel line; so that radial fuel tanks don't have to have a fuel line to work?

Possible? Yes. Easy? Not really.

I'll take a stab at it.

This is the craft file. it's a ship designed to launch heavy, large cumbersome or wobbly things into orbit safely.

https://hotfile.com/dl/234999911/d00dbbf/Mega_lift_1.craft.html

It's the last stage that has the balance system on it, because it is crucial for it to be perfectly balanced for it to fly. also, you may need the B9 pack.

It works perfectly without the solid rocket booster mod installed, and falls out of sky with it installed. (note I also applied the feram arospace fix)

Edited by abrr2000

This is the craft file. it's a ship designed to launch heavy, large cumbersome or wobbly things into orbit safely.

https://hotfile.com/dl/234999911/d00dbbf/Mega_lift_1.craft.html

It's the last stage that has the balance system on it, because it is crucial for it to be perfectly balanced for it to fly. also, you may need the B9 pack.

It works perfectly without the solid rocket booster mod installed, and falls out of sky with it installed. (note I also applied the feram arospace fix)

See here.

It seems to have been fixed on his end. That being said, I haven't had time to check yet.

• 4 weeks later...
So Im gonna give this a bump so I can try to get an answer to a question and see what the status of this mod is. Does this mod to the same this the TAC fuel balancer mod does except via fuel transfer lines (Ie. I dont have to tell them what to do?)

Pretty much.

I got waylaid by real life and won't be able to work on the mod for a while, though.

• 1 month later...

after having used this mod for quite some time now I must say this. you can remove it from my KSP environment over my dead body. The amount of grief this has solved is immense. and if nothing else, this mod deserves a bump. if you're still paying attention to this thread "the lone wolfling" I have a few notes from using the mod a lot and for a long time.

note 1) I changed the name of the parts in the .cfg file to include the word "balance" or "transfer" this made using the mod a ridiculous amount more user friendly.

note 2) the fuel transfer pipe is much too fast for space station refueling purposes.

note 3) RCS powered balance pipes have yet to prove of any use except for draining tons of expensive RCS fuel.

note 4) re textureing the balance pipes to plain blue would be more than sufficient for the needs of this mod texture wise.

also. I would like to add... thank you for making this mod.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.