[1.0.4] SciFi Shipyards [Discontinued]

StarVision

Why is it that almost everyone here hates the new Star Trek movies/ships? The new Enterprise blows the other one out of the water (literally and visually), the Vengeance looks and is bad***.

[...]

That's maybe a problem linked to a "seriously addicted" fans, and as mot humans, they are reluctant to the change, they don't want things to evolve. Quite like wanting KSP stay as it is forever :cool:.

I like new star trek movies, they are more sync'ed with the movie evolution these past two decades. Even if this made them less trekkie as previous episodes.

@StarVision: instead of a "props spamming", why not static jauges/indicators/screens/buttons ?

There is even no tape reader/cd player/radio ???? :mad: it's totally unacceptable ! (just kidding :P)

By the way, I tried the Enterprise... crazy speed ! It goes so fast we should be afraid to touch the throttle ! I believe we can really go back in time with it (ST4)

Is it possible to make the enterprise collect antimatter, to make it a little less "Cheaty?" I already put it where the KSPI warp drive is.

Easily. either paste this into that .cfg:

MODULE
{
name = AntimatterCollector
}

or put this into any module manager .cfg

@PART[phoenix_hull2]
{
MODULE
{
name = AntimatterCollector
}
}

yes I reply way back when u started it, at the time u had made it small, this is perfect size, good work, tried it and works great, got to figure out how to get into a orbit lol, still new to the game.

but yes a space dock on the enterprise and a shuttle is all that is left for one of the best ship, u need to push your skill to greatness :), wondering is it hard to mod this game, I use to mod, I mean make custom stuff ??

anyway, great work, will keep a eye out.

Edited by mjy

Just wondering if you could make a shuttle-pod from star trek enterprise?

I haven't actually watched Enterprise, but next I'm going to make an original Shuttle, so that's simililar.

yes I reply way back when u started it, at the time u had made it small, this is perfect size, good work, tried it and works great, got to figure out how to get into a orbit lol, still new to the game.

but yes a space dock on the enterprise and a shuttle is all that is left for one of the best ship, u need to push your skill to greatness :), wondering is it hard to mod this game, I use to mod, I mean make custom stuff ??

anyway, great work, will keep a eye out.

I already plan to create a shuttle and a spacedock. That's next on the agenda. Modding the game I find is fairly easy, it's the modeling that is the hardest part.

I haven't actually watched Enterprise, but next I'm going to make an original Shuttle, so that's simililar.

I already plan to create a shuttle and a spacedock. That's next on the agenda. Modding the game I find is fairly easy, it's the modeling that is the hardest part.

well this is a few views of a shuttlepodmjjqpAh.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

When I go IVA in the pheonix, The computer doesn't turn on. I've tried both pods, and one I get a black screen, and the other looks like a throttle put sideways on the screen so only the circular end shows.

It's not a big problem, but I would love to have an IVA where I can do manuevers w/o being in map view.

well this is a few views of a shuttlepodhttp://i.imgur.com/mjjqpAh.jpg
If you're looking for ideas, I wouldn't mind having a Battlestar Galactica Viper to cruise around in.

I actually have enough ideas to keep me going. Added to that, I have watched neither of those shows.

When I go IVA in the pheonix, The computer doesn't turn on. I've tried both pods, and one I get a black screen, and the other looks like a throttle put sideways on the screen so only the circular end shows.

It's not a big problem, but I would love to have an IVA where I can do manuevers w/o being in map view.

You need Raster Prop Monitor for the computers to work.
hello again! im back! thank you for fufilling my dream of star trek ships in ksp! do you have plains for the NX-01 and ISS NX-01?
Not currently, as I have not watched the show. Were you thinking of doing them? I don't mind if you are.

• 1 month later...
I would but my modeling skills are not up to par for it (and I don't have acsess the PC to do it with) but I might finish my phoenix anyway just for the stuff I could learn from it, I don't know...

You're never going to get up to "par" by doing nothing. I couldn't have imagined creating Voyager when I first started, yet here I am...

May I request you to make a Stargate craft (The best would be the Daedalus class (DSC-304))? Because you seem to make also other crafts than ST ships.

Thank you !

I don't really take requests. If I've seen the show, chances are the ship is already on my list. I have not seen any Stargate, but I believe Mjy is creating the Daedalus, He posted a picture in my dev thread. I'm not sure what his plans are, or if he's planning on releasing it, but you might be able to ask him next time he appears in said thread.

Edited by StarVision

Original post updated.

The Enterprise, Voyager, and a Borg cube are now together on Curseforge. The Enterprise also got redone for the second time. It is much prettier now. Older ships have been rehosted and will eventually be put into the main download.

http://imgur.com/a/qU9df

I love it all - great work as allways..

Or how would've shakespear eloquently put it:

version 1: http://instantrimshot.com/index.php?sound=yeehaw

version 2: U da Man!

enterprise is hugely improoved with the shuttle bay, the texture looks beautifull for both ships.

I love the interior sounds - what I think of the IVA, you know allready.. :-)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.